Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#276 10/12/12 05:10

paradox-01

Re: BGI Characters and Levels Discussion

What version produces the error?

I tested onisplit v0.9.68.0 (c?) that comes with Vago. The model seems to have a correct hierarchy in Mod Tool, head at left side.

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/12/12 06:10)

#277 10/12/12 06:10

Samer
Website

The issue isn't by extracting an oni model but by converting one from dae to oni.
i was working on a model and the parenting was right and everything but when i convert it to oni it would be messed up in game, head appearing in place of fist .. Shoulders reversed and arms pointing up .. Just a mess.. Converting that same model back from oni to dae shows that parenting child became all wrong ..converting the same model from dae to oni using onisplit 0.958 gives correct model in game.
that's because i didn't do the rearrange nod thing .. It was never necessary before .. But now it is .. My question is what's the advantage of having the head appear to the left in the schematic view .. hmm
now if i'm working on a model and set proper centers and then set correct parenting i have 1 more step to then rearrange the schematic view .. While i'm working the tree view sometimes gets unarranged .. Now i have to spend more time rearranging it, it never mattered before as long as the parenting and naming was right .. I've made a dozen (?) of merged / rigged / characters and not once did i find myself saying wish the head appeared on the left side of the schematic view tongue hmm
So what's the benefit ?

also btw is there a change log for onisplit somwhere ? On the depot last one was 0.958 then 0.961 .. Suddenly we jumped to 7 ..
i'm using 0.958  .. I'd like to know what's the added features of .96 and later

p.s paradox i can send u the 2 trbs and model dae.. 1 trbs is result of converting the dae with onisplit 0.958 (correct in game) the other trbs result of converting same model to trbs using higher onisplit.

Last edited by Samer (10/12/12 06:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#278 10/12/12 06:10

paradox-01

Yea I also get 'second-hand' onisplits, never change log included. hmm

At the moment i can't produce the error. Extracted original konoko, exported, extracted...

Can you send me one dae file that would become messed up when converting it to oni?

"My question is what's the advantage of having the head appear to the left"

Over here, the head being left was always normal like in this old screenshot.

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/12/12 06:10)

#279 10/12/12 06:10

Samer
Website

This :
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/trbs%207.zip
i think yes the head always appeared to the left if u extract an oni model .. However it was never necessary to arrange it if it's not On the left when u export.

Last edited by Samer (10/12/12 06:10)

#280 10/12/12 07:10

paradox-01

Thanks for the files.

If I understand correctly that's the situation:

onisplit 58
advantage: order doesn't matter
disadvantage: strict naming of body parts nessary

onisplit 68
advantage: names of body parts can be anything *
disadvantage: order matters

* It should be useful when having multiple character in Mod Tool, like when creating a throw: It would be unnecessary to rename body parts like "pelvis2" to "pelvis" after deleting the first character.
  Or when creating a charcter with unusual hierarchy where a few body part names doesn't make sense.

What's better?
Imo, renaming the parts is more work than reordering.

#281 10/12/12 09:10

EdT
Website

I agree with Neo's change to bone id order, technically it is correct.  While at the moment, it may cause more work and seemingly have no advantage, in the long run I feel there will be benefits.  paradox has already highlighted some of the advantages.

Yes, the new way may add one more step to the modding process, but it is a minimal step.  For me to change the order takes a couple of seconds.

#282 10/12/12 09:10

ltemplar

"* It should be useful when having multiple character in Mod Tool, like when creating a throw: It would be unnecessary to rename body parts like "pelvis2" to "pelvis" after deleting the first character.
  Or when creating a charcter with unusual hierarchy where a few body part names doesn't make sense."

Then this is a lot better to name it to whatever we want and watch only for proper order.The rest; I presume is like in the old one?

Last edited by ltemplar (10/12/12 09:10)

#283 10/12/12 09:10

Samer
Website

mm ok since it seems to have a benefit i'll get used to it.. ^_^ thx fo clarifying paradox .. but at first it seemed that it's an extra step without any benefit . Also i misunderstood that it needs to have correct naming plus correct order ..

Last edited by Samer (10/12/12 09:10)

#284 10/12/12 09:10

ltemplar

Yes that a lot better choice in my opinion..
BTW. Samer what program did you use to record movies from game?

Last edited by ltemplar (10/12/12 09:10)

#285 10/12/12 10:10

Samer
Website

Fraps .
sometimes i use another program called Bandicam. But both are not free .. I think free fraps allows a limited time of recording or adds a watermark .. Not sure.

so from now on i don't need to name the body parts ? But if the resulting trbs is reconverted to dae it will automatically generate correct names for it .. Right ?

we should update the wikipedia and tutorials with that change

#286 10/12/12 16:10

paradox-01

"so from now on i don't need to name the body parts ? But if the resulting trbs is reconverted to dae it will automatically generate correct names for it .. Right ?"

You could name the body parts to the NATO alphabeth and it would still work. smile
An extracted TRBS will have Oni's standard names: pelvis, mid, chest, etc.

Not sure about updating the tutorial thing.
Actually I don't want to 'mess' with that page, I barely tried the stuff there or not at all.
Since Iritscen seems busy with other stuff, maybe you Samer, and Ed and geyser can update it. You guys seem to be most familiar with it.

#287 10/12/12 16:10

Samer
Website

I would but i struggle with the wiki page format tongue last time i tried to put something there it ended up a mess.. we just need to add that in version x and above the naming of the body parts doesn't matter but the order does.

#288 10/18/12 06:10

Samer
Website

Ltemplar can u send me the scout armor so i use it for Sarai ? Or will I have to wait for a release hmm ?
I won't release it till you agree, but if u send me the model and texture for it from now i can work on it and adapt it to Sarai which will take some time. (set rotations and texture modification and such)

Last edited by Samer (10/18/12 06:10)

#289 10/18/12 06:10

ltemplar

This model is halfway done... so no till i finish it. Sorry. And I'm pretty busy this week.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/18/12 06:10)

#290 10/18/12 06:10

Samer
Website

Ok no problem

#291 10/28/12 14:10

Samer
Website

Any news ? I hope you get some free time to continue modding ltemplar, missed you and your work tongue tell me if i can help with anything.

Last edited by Samer (10/28/12 14:10)

#292 10/31/12 17:10

ltemplar

Any news i will post in the proper topic( ODF_TC probably).And I'm pretty busy with NEP premiere..so no progress(only small updates here and there-but nothing in majority that can be released or showed .)

#293 10/31/12 17:10

Samer
Website

Oops sorry never mind just read ur response on the other thread.

Someone delete this please :$

Last edited by Samer (10/31/12 17:10)

Board footer