Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/25/12 07:10

Shade

Oni on Windows 7?

I just got a decent powerful gaming PC and I was wondering if Oni would be able to run on Windows 7 64bit.

I was wondering if its possible to go through Oni and click Properties and Run this Program compatibility for______ etc. Using the program compatibility to run under Windows Service Pack, XP, Vista, etc. And would this work with out the plugin? Or is the plugin required? Also could I do the same for Myth the Fallen Lords and Myth II Soulblighter? Thanks.

#2 10/25/12 08:10

Samer
Website

Re: Oni on Windows 7?

I can talk about windows 7 32 bit.. Don't know abt 64 bit, but it should be same .. Oni anniversary edition can run on windows 7 without needing to check the compatability option in properties .. However i check it cz then u can use the middle mouse click for crouch instead of shift big_smile vanilla oni .. I don't remember well but it also runs not sure if after u check some compatability option or not.

The other games u mentioned i don't know about them, but i had many games that didn't run on windows 7 at first but then ran normally when i checked the compatability option for windows xp.

I don't know what you mean by plugin .. The combatability option is built in in windows 7 by default.

Last edited by Samer (10/25/12 08:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 10/25/12 08:10

Iritscen

I think he's asking about the Daodan.  I thought the DLL was needed to run Oni on all modern Windows machines, but I'm definitely not the expert on that.  It certainly doesn't do any harm to use it, so I would always make it a habit to throw it in there with the Oni app.

As for Myth, I'm also not an expert on that subject (maybe Jon God will see this topic when he wakes up), but I think you just need to download the latest version of the apps provided by Project Magma, since they have been maintaining the game apps all this time for modern computers.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 10/25/12 12:10

s10k
Website

At least the anniversary edition works perfectly on windows 7 x64, no need for compatibility properties.

Last edited by s10k (10/25/12 12:10)

#5 10/25/12 13:10

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

I think he's asking about the Daodan.  I thought the DLL was needed to run Oni on all modern Windows machines, but I'm definitely not the expert on that.  It certainly doesn't do any harm to use it, so I would always make it a habit to throw it in there with the Oni app.

As for Myth, I'm also not an expert on that subject (maybe Jon God will see this topic when he wakes up), but I think you just need to download the latest version of the apps provided by Project Magma, since they have been maintaining the game apps all this time for modern computers.

I thought Project Magma was dead. Did they recently brought the site back up? It's been awhile since I was on their site. Unless I'm thinking of another place. Anyways when ever I can find a copy of Oni I can see what I can try. Wish me luck. smile

Board footer