Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/21/12 13:10

Samer
Website

Wish list ?

Ok so what we have done with oni for now is awesome : new levels, stories, animations, characters working iron demon, flatline ! Etc .. However we always have to set new goals i guess .. So i want to hear your opinions what more do you want to see in oni ??

For me as a player these are things i hope to see
*more texture improvements to the rest of the levels, right now we have airport and warehouse ..
* character textures improvement i did my best with my package but i know there's room for improvement and there are strikers, ninjas, elites who haven't been worked on
* new energy weapons, i'm not such a fan of weapons but it'd be cool to see a flame thrower shouldn't be too hard, the particle emitting from barabas's jetpack if it could be adjusted and enlarged to shoot out of a weapon and have the flames particle u see in airport for example as an effect. The telekentic bracelet and fireball Ae weapons could use another model. A shockwave weapon would also be nice.
* more levels and scripts like Ed's and Script10k china mod. A complete new level with stroy and everything. Delano once suggested something similar for tctf.

Etc ..

What are ur wish list ?

I hope this motivates more modders to step up, looking through the introductions threads .. There were so many people that said they'll try to mod but never did ..  so i hope new people step up .. Edt, paradox, and script can't do everything tongue (i know i'm limited to characters but after i'm done with that i defiently will try to learn more animating, level making and bsl)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 10/21/12 13:10

Lithium

Re: Wish list ?

1) New levels
2) Update some scripts on older levels to make it blend better with the mod additions

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 10/21/12 13:10

Valkyrur

3) New characters (MOOOAAR CHARACTERS)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#4 10/21/12 14:10

Samer
Website

Certified wrote:

3) New characters (MOOOAAR CHARACTERS)

big_smile okay !

#5 10/21/12 14:10

Valkyrur

If you're taking requests, then I'd suggest someone like Paige Wollcroft, or Yukie Kojira. (Schwarz wouldn't be that interesting since his description is pretty much just Male_07). If you're interested Email me about it, since I never gave too detailed a description of them yet.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#6 10/21/12 14:10

s10k
Website

BGI level(s).

#7 10/21/12 14:10

Jon God

Ledge grab/pull up.

-JG

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#8 10/21/12 15:10

RuK

A Ghost in the Shell mod,like the old china mod ^^

#9 10/21/12 16:10

EdT
Website

NUMBER 1 WISH!  Take2 releases the source code to Oni!!!

#10 10/21/12 17:10

Coyote

I think I said it somewhere but I'd like to see a big city map with rpg mod where you could fight for tctf or syndicate, do various missions (like in old china) etc....

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#11 10/22/12 00:10

TOCS

EdT wrote:

I agree. That, or they let start up a Indiegogo or Kickstarter project that allows us to HDify the game in a different engine. smile

#12 10/22/12 02:10

ltemplar

hmmmm...........

-shading improvements
-light improvements
-Improved levels
-Improved weapons
-Improved h2h
-improved storyline
-New levels....
-New characters

-ETC..

Wait the second..... all thous things are in the works.........

Last edited by ltemplar (10/22/12 02:10)

#13 10/22/12 04:10

Samer
Website

Certified wrote:

If you're taking requests, then I'd suggest someone like Paige Wollcroft, or Yukie Kojira. (Schwarz wouldn't be that interesting since his description is pretty much just Male_07). If you're interested Email me about it, since I never gave too detailed a description of them yet.

never heard of them :$ I'm really behind on gaming ... But I'd sure would check them out once the other characters i have planned are done ^_^.
By the way certified i really think you should try character moddding .. Seeing as how creative you are with your writing I think you'll enjoy it cause it also needs creativity.. and i have this huge tutorial to make things easier big_smile

EdT wrote:

I've always been curious .. what changes would that allow us that we can't do already by other means ? Can't the daodon.dll do that already ? (i don't know programming and coding stuff so i'm unaware of the possibilities it would alllow)

JG ledge grabbing is fun big_smile i also would like to see it implemented more, i know i wished i saw more of it in the china mod. But in the current levels there's isn't much places where it would be useful, and i think trigvolume method will be too complex on a larger scale ?

Ooh I also would like to see more realstic character shadows than that circle .. Even if just a black texture shaped like a body.

Coyote wrote:

I think I said it somewhere but I'd like to see a big city map with rpg mod where you could fight for tctf or syndicate, do various missions (like in old china) etc....

i think Ed's town level would be great for that big_smile

Last edited by Samer (10/22/12 04:10)

#14 10/22/12 08:10

uroboros

I'm guessing that it's not possible for oni modders to do everything they want because of lack of tools or source code (whatever it is tongue)
But here's my crazy wishlist:

-throw escape moves

-gunplay improvisations:
a)Making enemies easier to kill using weapons, because they are too damn good at dodging bullets and have better aim than the player(at least me)
b)Cover system like in the most of 3rd person shooters
c)Headshots

-oh and

Ledge grab/pull up.

Stuff which is already possible:
New levels and new textures they are always cool but I know it would take a lot of time to remake all of them.

Last edited by uroboros (10/22/12 08:10)

#15 10/22/12 11:10

Samer
Website

Making enemies easier to kill with weapons .. Won't that make player easier to kill by weapon too sad i hate weapons i can never dodge the black adder.

Btw you should continue your HD ninjas u spoke of big_smile

#16 10/22/12 13:10

uroboros

Samer wrote:

Won't that make player easier to kill by weapon too sad i hate weapons i can never dodge the black adder.

I hate weapons in oni too, and thats why I want to make ai which is using guns easier to fight against, so they won't be able to dodge 90% of the bullets and aim perfectly at the same time.
Getting rid of the odd auto aim (which makes aiming harder for the player) and reducing recoil a little bit could also improve gunplay.

Well textures for ninjas are 90% done but I haven't worked on them for a moth. I can't motivate myself to do the boring part (fixing details).  tongue

Last edited by uroboros (10/22/12 13:10)

#17 10/22/12 14:10

Delano762
Website

I guess I'd like a program which would make making animations easier and faster than in XSI. Steve Abeyta said in one of the interviews that all the anims were made in 3DS Max Character Studio or something like that.

Shit. If I only had some time.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#18 10/22/12 15:10

Jon God

Samer wrote:

JG ledge grabbing is fun big_smile i also would like to see it implemented more, i know i wished i saw more of it in the china mod. But in the current levels there's isn't much places where it would be useful, and i think trigvolume method will be too complex on a larger scale ?

I think a total conversion of Myth set in Ninja-times would be cool, where you play as an assassin, and have to assassinate targets, as best you can without being seen.

If you are spotted, you need to be careful of them teaming up on you, because you are weak. Also, they will have access to crude guns (which take a good while to reload), throwing knives, etc.

It's too bad the stealth mechanics in Oni aren't really up to par. Also, there's no way to 'knock out' an opponent(give me fists to fight, or give me death, I suppose).

Still, in my head at least, it sounds like a good idea.

-JG

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#19 10/22/12 19:10

EdT
Website

I've always been curious .. what changes would that allow us that we can't do already by other means ? Can't the daodon.dll do that already ? (i don't know programming and coding stuff so i'm unaware of the possibilities it would alllow)

Well if we had some smart people working on the source code, we could have ledge grabbing, sword fighting, realistic lighting and shadows, more types of moves and so on.  smile  But that is just a wish...

#20 10/22/12 21:10

Knox

I'm kinda interested in adding new weapons. I've always been interested in the revolver that Konoko holds on some game art. Maybe have that as her starting weapon on some levels, like a Campbell Equalizer but with less ammo and recoil? And a shotgun big_smile ! Like the one from Templar's Dark Future mod. Maybe have that in place of the Phase Stream Gun, to make it rare, but NOT utterly useless. God, I wish I knew more about modding..

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#21 10/23/12 03:10

ltemplar

"Like the one from Templar's Dark Future mod. Maybe have" -If you don't mind it's Ltemplar. not Templar.

Then make a wish list of new weapons...and i will see what can be done. But we need first to replace the placeholder guns in the EA edition, and make thous mentioned there.

The sword fighting this can be done.- from what geyser told me..but this will be "hackisch" style
Ledge garbing - to some degree also.
Realistic lighting and shadows..well we can use per-rendern light maps.
Basically what we really need is the solid team of moder's which will be wiling to do it. Thats all.

If gumby(or any other person who can play with the code) is reading this then my wish will be to increase number of characters for one save points..and lite play with existing teams behavior...for crating exploding cars-chars or barrels.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/23/12 03:10)

#22 10/23/12 03:10

Samer
Website

a FLAME THROWERRRRR !  big_smile

#23 10/23/12 03:10

ltemplar

flame thrower is easy to do...or should I say as working example...The real problem is to create this "flame" to look like the actual flame rather than bubbles emitted from the gun. This can be achieved by two methods. It's tricky but possible .

Any other weapons?

Last edited by ltemplar (10/23/12 04:10)

#24 10/23/12 06:10

Samer
Website

Shockwave generator big_smile .. Fires rings like sound waves that stun, knock you down or confuse you .. (could be cool if it confuse Ai and they'll hit each other xD)

for the flame thrower i mentioned above the barabs jetpack particle could be useful.

A laser big_smile simply shoots a laser as long as pressed big_smile like phase projector but the emitted particle can be the one used for targetting (a red line)

edit : 1 more, a poisonous gas sprayer big_smile sprays that green poisonous gas particle found in the airport gas chamber.

Last edited by Samer (10/23/12 06:10)

#25 10/23/12 16:10

Lithium

3) The first black man in Oni

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

Board footer