Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/17/12 15:10

Samer
Website

My Wiki Page ^_^ and a question.

So I wanted to make a page to show case\document all my stuff .. so I made my Wiki User page. http://wiki.oni2.net/User:Samer Tell me what you think, if all the editing and formatting is correct .. this is the first time I edit the wiki extensively, took me a while to figure out how to put sections and headlines tongue till I realized there's a help page :$ tongue
However one thing I can't figure out .. In the end of the section I want to post some screenshots .. how do i make them like a gallery : have the images displayed as thumbnails with titles and when you click them they open in full size, instead of having them full size on the page. Can I do that if the images are hosted externally ? or do they need to be uploaded to the wiki itself ?

Also if I made a page by mistake how can I delete it ?

Last edited by Samer (10/17/12 16:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 10/17/12 16:10

Lithium

Re: My Wiki Page ^_^ and a question.

Hmm, I say try to word everything in the third person. It's more of a wiki format. "Samer's texturing work" rather than "my texturing work"

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 10/17/12 16:10

Samer
Website

That is true for other wiki pages but this one ''user page'' is supposed to be personal I believe .. I compared it to EdT's and Script's user pages before hand.
you'll notice however in the other pages i used third person. Example Shinatama Bot page.
Thanks for checking it out.

Last edited by Samer (10/17/12 16:10)

#4 10/17/12 16:10

Lithium

Oh, didn't know that. thanks

#5 10/18/12 02:10

Samer
Website

Iritscen or Alloc can you reply please ?

#6 10/18/12 09:10

Alloc
Website

Hi Samer,

yeah, images to be thumbnailed etc have to be uploaded to the wiki. For help on how to embed them see Wikipedia's help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia … e_tutorial
Especially interesting for you are probably:
Section 2: Thumbnails and Section 3.3: Galleries.

Regards,
Chris

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#7 10/18/12 09:10

Iritscen

I can see you're getting the hang of the wiki formatting -- just a note, section headers are supposed to start at level 2 ("=="), not level 1 ("="), which is reserved for the title of the page.  This is why your main section headers are so enormous.

I'm not sure how I feel about new pages being created for each new character, as we generally had a policy against documenting mods on the wiki.  The wiki is for documenting modding projects (and tools), so a page devoted to a group of characters (like "New BGI Characters") is more appropriate (even then, the idea of the wiki was to enable collaboration, so a finished project isn't really in need of being documented).

As to deleting pages, only an admin can do that.  You can either ask one of us to delete a page, or else mark the page for deletion using the "delete" template and we'll get to it later.  Let us know if you have any other questions.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 10/18/12 10:10

Samer
Website

Thanks again Chris smile
Iritscen ok thanks for the feedback.
don't worry I'm not going to create a new page for each new character mod smile However I was documenting their concepts and the ideas that lead to their development  and only the ones I believe are an expansion of Oni's original concepts or other concepts documented on the wiki or which have become more common than just ''my mods'' (i'm not discussing them as mods as in moves and all outfits and how to install) but as concepts like was done for Kojiro, Casey, Hikari and others. (with a reference to the forum mod page.)

For example I had a hard time finding any info about casual tankers when I wanted to make them.. therefore I created that page. Skull team is a fan concept as well and can be considered a faction of syndicate related to paradox's projects. Shinatama Bot is related to Shinatama page .. In shinatama's page it's discussed that she's resurrected and Hikari is discussed, this is another take on her resurrection. Sarai is a named major character like fan named Kojiro that's why I made her a page.
New BGI characters, the wiki information on the BGI only displays the placeholder characters, (AE:BGI) I made the New BGI character page so those who read the wiki know that there were also other developed concepts and progress on them not just the placeholders.
You can see that I didn't create a page for lesser concepts such as character outfits or golden tctf or for characters less related to Oni like hayate, hanako, jester or for other mods.
In case one day someone comes and reads the concepts and wants to improve them or make something else related to them (like i did for casey and kojiro when i first read about them in the wiki)

As for headlines, I see .. But is there another way to make it sections like :
Mods is sectioned to Character Mods and Other Mods .. character mods is sectioned to released projects, unreleased ones and future concepts .. That's 3 levels.if i use the ==...== then ===...=== that only allows 2 levels of sectioning.

Last edited by Samer (10/18/12 11:10)

#9 10/18/12 11:10

Alloc
Website

What about ==== ... ==== ? wink

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#10 10/18/12 11:10

Samer
Website

Lol i didn't know that would work thought it only goes up to 3 = cz that's the example i saw on the wiki tongue sorry that was was stupid of me '^_^

#11 10/18/12 11:10

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

don't worry I'm not going to create a new page for each new character mod smile However I was documenting their concepts and the ideas that lead to their development  and only the ones I believe are an expansion of Oni's original concepts or other concepts documented on the wiki or which have become more common than just ''my mods'' (i'm not discussing them as mods as in moves and all outfits and how to install) but as concepts like was done for Kojiro, Casey, Hikari and others. [...] For example I had a hard time finding any info about casual tankers when I wanted to make them.

Okay, fair enough.

I was also going to mention that I'm not sure that your use of categories was correct, but I don't have time to review them now.  I only suggest that you watch the Recent Changes page on the wiki as long as you're actively editing, so you're aware of changes that other editors may be making to your pages.  That way you'll see if I make any changes to categories, formatting, etc. (once I have time for it).

#12 10/18/12 12:10

Samer
Website

Mm I added a BGI category under factions cause there wasn't one (there was one for wcg, syndicate and tctf but not for bgi) .. And under it I included iron demon, sarai, AE bgi, BGi concept page and new bgi characters.
i know from myself it was hard to find all the info about BGi cause they were so widespread across different categories iron demon was somewhere ae bgi was in another place .. I only organized them under BGI ( I kept all other categories they had too)
Casual tankers was put under tankers. (it was already a category with 1 page)
grey fury was put under furies. Skull team under syndicate factions .. And that's all i changed with categories.

P.s i fixed the headline thing thx for the tip.

Last edited by Samer (10/18/12 12:10)

#13 10/18/12 12:10

Iritscen

Yes, I think adding BGI under Factions sounds good.

#14 10/19/12 02:10

Samer
Website

I'm editing some pages that are missing information ..
Like the furies page the taunt and moves field was ''this should be filled''
I filled them .. But i have a question : it says trivia : furies in dream driver start a big head mode .. I don't think that is true hmm I've played the level dozens of times killing the furies doesn't start a big head mode .. Killing the ministrikers does .. Even in the script and xml i think there's no such event.
anyone here ever had big head mode initiated by killing the furies ?

Also there are no info on male cops and light tctf and swats just some pics

Last edited by Samer (10/19/12 03:10)

#15 10/19/12 05:10

Iritscen

Offhand, I don't think that's right, although I haven't checked the XML to see what function is called when the Furies die.  And I see that it was written by a short-time editor who was probably new to the game, so it doesn't have the weight of something written by, say, geyser smile  Certainly I've killed the Furies and never gotten big head mode from it myself.

#16 10/20/12 08:10

Samer
Website

I noticed there are pages for Oni fan art by some member like guido for example.

so i created this for DarkLitria's art http://wiki.oni2.net/Category:Art_by_DarkLitria

there might be more of her artwork around the forum but I think these are some of her best work .. Anyone with a wiki account feel free to add more of her art there .. I think we'll all agree they're as good as other art on the wiki and it would be a shame to see them get lost on the forum with time.

I will create one for Severed's art as well he usually doesn't post on 1 specific thread so i think it would be nice to have them all in one place smile

those png files take forever to upload on full resolution hmm so i converted some to jpg.

#17 10/20/12 11:10

Iritscen

Good idea.  I've uploaded three more of her drawings that I'm fond of.  And yes, high-quality JPEG is fine; it's probably preferable to PNG, in fact, as there's really no visible loss when the JPEG is compressed at 90% quality or more, and we try to conserve space on the wiki when possible (certain small images like the talking heads were systematically uploaded as PNG because of the minimal difference in file size).  One of DarkLitria's PNGs was almost 8MB!

#18 10/20/12 19:10

Samer
Website

added page for severed's http://wiki.oni2.net/Category:Art_by_Severed
I'm not sure if these are the only ones .. and some can use a higher resolution example the valentine one .. not sure if severed posted it in a smaller resolution or my browser isn't able to open it from image shack in higher resolution .. if it opens for u Iritscen please update it. http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 092#p24092 and the last 2 here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 189#p14189
the beach vacation one was removed from the links he posted .. so I'm glad i had that one saved to my hard drive big_smile
not sure if i should add his facial retexture screenshots too.

Edit : i remember there's one with mukade lying on the rooftops defeated, can't seem to find that one either sad

Last edited by Samer (10/20/12 21:10)

#19 10/20/12 21:10

Iritscen

Headed to bed now, but I will go over the Severed uploads tomorrow and see what I can add.  Please remind me if I go a couple days without getting to it.

I would say "no" to the Severed face textures.

I believe the Mukade drawing you are thinking of was made by T_W_D, and unfortunately I think all her art has gone offline and I didn't save any copies :-(  If anyone has T_W_D's drawings, please speak up.

#20 10/20/12 21:10

Samer
Website

Found the mukade one luckily i had uploaded it to the facebook group before
15337_1286698812209_6229035_n.jpg I always thought this is severed's work hmm

#21 10/21/12 07:10

Iritscen

Nope, that's T_W_D, that's her other name signed in the corner.  She was very talented, and I was just thinking recently how I missed her art.  Some of it is still online, but most isn't.  The Mukade painting was posted here: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1155

#22 10/21/12 17:10

Samer
Website

Mmm can I create a wiki category for videos ? ( i'll organize it with sub categories like Ae vidoes or tutorial vids or trailers or mods showcase or bugs)  would only have links to the youtube videos (selected ones not all) .. Since Oni Too group is gone and the videos thread here is long, uncategorized and interrupted by comments it would be nice to have an ''archeive'' of all oni related vids

#23 10/21/12 17:10

Lithium

Hmm I think first we could try and make some tutorials on getting newbies started with AE?

#24 10/21/12 17:10

Samer
Website

I don't know why they struggle with it .. The readme is enough hmm but then again there was this guy saying he looked on the forum for 3 months and didn't find the anniversary edition hmm hell he didn't even find it after i gave him a direct link to the anniversary edition section D: .. So i guess we should dumb it down further. (if u meant installing)

#25 10/21/12 17:10

Lithium

Wow I guess some people want everything handed to them.. lol

Board footer