Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 09/06/12 09:09

ltemplar

Re: Oni_Dark Future_TC

yes it's my mod, but i want thous outfit to be good to further use thats why
Image that you making the new level and you want her to have soothing different(outfit hairs, etc).You can off course make the new outfit by your self , but why when it's ready to use? As i seed before I'm want to make characters (body parts , weapons, etc) that could be used by others in theirs mods(not exclude everything). Making, interesting wardrobe is one of this things, that can be used in later projects(Improving civilians, making some civilian bosses, etc) .Its much easier to swap parts than making them from scratch(even textures).

Other thing i wont , is to create some variety in the existing levels(things that player could do before fighting starts). Maybe even making new ways to pass level (stealth approach for example), Forcing player to think more in some places if he want avoid battling evryone, etc. Thats my aim.

#52 09/06/12 10:09

Samer
Website

I do like the red jacket outfit u're making, and the armored one, though I might not use them the way u intended them to be used i may turn the armored outfit into an additional outfit in some missions instead of using it as a complete replacemnt for the original in my game ... We could have her wear that cool red jacket in the custom character challenge smile  that's why i was suggesting u have separate mods, example 1 with the konoko outfits u're making .. For example I would really like to have new cool outfits for konoko but i don't want to give so many guns to other characters at same time cz I personally don't like guns, or modify the original story and events much... so it would be nice to have that choice.
The stuff u're making could definetly be used in other mods, for example the weapons, we do need new weapons for the new BGI agents and troopers but as i said some energy weapons would fit them more ..
Btw i also tried to make some konoko outfits when i first started modding, they're not that great now .. I made a purple konoko fury, and a scientist konoko and konoko in mukade armor .. Not so great tongue

so look u have a lot of good ideas and so far u've showed u have decent skills to back them up. So go for it ... But if as u say u want ur mod to be used for other purposes and other mods then also take the feedback into consideration, i don't like a blonde konoko but maybe others would .. It's hard to know since few ever comment tongue  so do what u feel satisfies u .. In the end what matters is that u're happy with ur mod... smile and later when others download they could modify it to suit them.

Any stuff u make definetely would be useful, body parts, and weapons .. For example i would like to see konoko's blue jeans improved .. tongue or maybe u could help me with making james and jamie hasegawa a new outfit when u feel like it.

it's nice to have a new modder who is still passinate abt the game regardless of whether we share the same taste in everything or not smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#53 09/06/12 13:09

ltemplar

Ok then..I got your point.
I will do what i can to get in the light what i wrote.
Then we will return to that topic again(but i still be presenting pictures from progress but this time without argumentation- you are right it's pointless - everybody have it's taste)  .
Agree?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/06/12 13:09)

#54 09/06/12 13:09

Samer
Website

Sure, but i'll still be giving feedback tongue u're free to take it or not .. We're not arguing* we're sharing opinions ^_^ good luck.

#55 09/06/12 16:09

ltemplar

I updated the red outfit and the black one .Check the second page of this topic(post #42).

Added SWAT outfit (only simple textures ,nothing fancy)

Normal
konokoswatoutfittest.jpg

camo
konokoswatoutfitcamover.jpg

black ops
konokoswatoutfitblackop.jpg

Tell me what do you think.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/06/12 18:09)

#56 09/06/12 19:09

TheCreature

OOOoooohhh.... shiny...

Konoko's biceps look rather huge though.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#57 09/06/12 20:09

Samer
Website

The camoflage one u posted before http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/6812/k … kingam.jpg .. Would be different than the camo u posted now ? Or is it the same one ?
I like the shape of the one u posted first more .. isn't it easier to just modify  the textures of the first one u posted to make the lite and blackops ? I think that would look better.
In the latest screenshot the thighs and calfs should be cloth i think, they have the shape of cloth not metal, (there's even a pocket)  and i agree with the creature the biceps are a little big.
But yeah looking nice.

Last edited by Samer (09/06/12 20:09)

#58 09/06/12 20:09

kyletm57

I think it looks pretty cool, but the bulkiness of the outfit doesnt really suit Konoko. Would it be possible to tone her down a bit?

banner2440.jpg

#59 09/07/12 02:09

ltemplar

It's not a bicep..it's buffed cloth. And I'm make her this way because i want her to be close one as much as possible in resembling TCTF S.W.A.T. units.. thats why she look like this.
As I wrote, those are simple textures (not created ,like the firs one) for showing purposes. Simply, this way i get overall shape ,and check how the shades are lining on the model.
Ahh... I forgot to change camo color sorry. And yes i agree that it's a little to shiny(but again it's not finished texture).
I also added few details (increased polygon cunt from 2000 tris to 2100).

#60 09/07/12 02:09

Samer
Website

yes but swats are guys and probably have more muscle to fill that puffed up bicep  ...
if you can make one like the first outfit http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/6812/k … kingam.jpg  but blacktops and lite just use that same model and change the textures .. it would be better shape wise .. the first one was beautiful but those new ones are just too big for her in my opinion ... because konoko resembles light tctf more than she resembles those big heavy swats don't u think ? so why make her swat ones and not make her light ones ? (or at least make both tongue)
and do u mean 2100 per body part ? that may give u some trouble in game.

Last edited by Samer (09/07/12 02:09)

#61 09/07/12 02:09

ltemplar

The lite version - is more like today's standard police outfits , when the S.W.A.T. one is for striking operations (not mentioning they looks relay cool).
I will make both lite and Swat - don't worry.
I will probably make next, the stealth outfit for rescue the shinatama scenario(something more resembling her original outfit but witch changes here and there in two versions :full , and damaged.
I also rely like yours light strike Casey outfit(from your avatar). Can you make the female version based on it?

no 2100 tris for entire model not a single part..

Update on Konoko S.W.A.T. outfit..

konokoswatoutfitblackop.jpg

Probably final version of the model

Model description:
2528 tris - full model

Armament:
-Campbell equalizer in Holster.
-Combat knife holster on the back
-targeting binoculars

Armor:
SA-28B composite armor - used bay S.W.A.T. team members.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/07/12 07:09)

#62 09/07/12 08:09

Samer
Website

Still think the bicep wrist proportion is off, if u just go a little bit thinner on the bicep (still puffed but more in proprtion with the wrists) i think it would make a big difference to the better ..
I mean look at the male SWATs, true their clothes are puffed up but look at the bicep and wrist they are still in proportion ..   
give it a try u may like it when you see it .. There were often many times when i disagreed with the feedback but once i tried the suggestion realized they're right.
and thighs, calfs should be cloth but u said that's temporary, but other than that looks good smile
Looking forward to modify , eee.. I mean use it smile tongue

regarding casey's outfit, thanks .. It's a mix and match of 6 characters, tanker, ninja, comguy, male cop, light tctf and casey's head .. For a female version no not really .. I want his outfit to be unique .. And got too many projects already.
u can make one using him for konoko if u want or using the characters i mentioned.

btw i have an idea/ suggestion since you're good with armors, and camo textures .. i always thought it's strange that snipers who belong to the Syndicate look exactly like those that belong to the TCTF .. Would you consider making them 2 outfits ? 1 for tctf maybe using that white and grey camo texture you used for konoko and maybe give him armor  and 1 for syndicate using a brown one ( color similar to the original one) ..

Last edited by Samer (09/07/12 09:09)

#63 09/07/12 11:09

ltemplar

Heh.. you discover my lite secret then?
Yes I will modify snipers for TCTF side.
I had even new helmet for him ready to use...
But lets not talk about them yet.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/07/12 11:09)

#64 09/10/12 08:09

ltemplar

Finished konoko SWAT armor version normal (the black ops still in the works)

Tell me what you think.

konokoswatnormal.jpg

Can somebody tell me where i can download some badges for armors?

Last edited by ltemplar (09/10/12 08:09)

#65 09/10/12 09:09

Samer
Website

Yeah looks nice smile .. But for the face u're gonna use Severed textures that u used on the original outfit right ?

It looks a lot better now with textures, i like it smile
but i guess ur mind is set on the huge biceps tongue ? U're not gonna try to scale them down in thickness just a bit, at least so they don't intersect with the shoulders.
For badges .. I just google them tongue or try to make my own using photoshop and brushes .. However for the tctf badge .. Bozzman made a really good looking one .. That i put on the cops, tctf light and casey .. U can see it my character retexture package.. On the bicep of the cops and tctf light .. And u can easily cut it from the image and use it.. Or i can give it to u isolated if u want.

Last edited by Samer (09/10/12 10:09)

#66 09/10/12 10:09

ltemplar

I prefer isolated if you don't mind?

I'm using this face texture because severed one, because when it is exported it's shown in blue.In game off course I will use the severed one.

No main mind isn't sett on huge biceps......I seed this before, thous are buffed clothes (not bicep..gezz). Look at the TCTF S.W.A.T original outfit.. do you relay think that this guys have so big biceps and so small wrists? Comm one be serious.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/10/12 10:09)

#67 09/10/12 11:09

Samer
Website

Ltemplar u are misunderstanding the word bicep, when i say bicep i don't mean muscle .. In xsi open the schematic view ... What are they called in oni anatomy ? Bicep.  and as i said before yes i understand these are puffed* clothes but, you should take a look again at the SWAT urself, their wrists (again means the wrist part whether it's clothes, skin or metal) is in proportion with their puffed bicep part .. Meaning both their wrists and biceps parts have puffed cloth, while in urs it looks like the bicep is puffed clothes and suddenly the cloth becomes tight leather or something .. So to make it believable as PUFFED CLOTHES either increase the wrist too or decrease the bicep .. Again bicep doesn't mean muscle, i'm just referring to the oni anatomy, call it upper arm, upper sleeve whatever yo want .. Look at the shinatama model .. Her biceps and wrists are both puffed, u can't have one part of the sleeve puffed and suddnly it becomes tight again without any transition. .. See how there's a cut between the 2 parts of the sleeve, they don't look continous, while in the swats and shinatama they do, i hope u understood what i'm saying .. If u ask for our opinion and u disregard it .. We'll stop giving it eventually.' Geez.'

i'll upload the isolated badge later tonight.

#68 09/10/12 12:09

ltemplar

I understand you well..
If you look more closely on the texture I created you will probably saw, that part on the wrists have metallic rings that crate witch other parts the hand band armor . If you rely want to have smaller bicep  prt. , then you can correct it by yourself when i release the char. And don't worry. If i simply doesn't want your opinion about it , I will not post it here in the first place. But this also doesn't mean that I will change everything because somebody isn't use to it. This work this way .. I post , you comment , but it's up to me if i take your suggestion into consideration , and change suggested part , or not.
For example if you want my opinion. I think that gold color is not matching current TCTF scheme  , but i will not try to convince you about this because it's your idea, and your mod. Everything i can do witch this is to ask a permission to mod it when it will be ready.
So, when Female TCTF SWAT armor will be ready and posted , you will be able change it in to whatever you like(even add pink color smile )

Last edited by ltemplar (09/10/12 12:09)

#69 09/10/12 13:09

EdT
Website

Itemplar: Very nice to see the progress on the model.  One question, what is over Konoko's right eye?

I tend to agree with Samer's comment about the size of the upper arms.  It looks too smooth to be be puffed cloth, that is the only part that seems out of proportion with the rest of the body.  Though, perhaps, once it is in the game, it will look right.

#70 09/10/12 13:09

ltemplar

You have noticed?.. It's something that i plan to add(if possible off course) to the head as attachable prt. A targeting ocular. I have few in the works.. for different characters and costumes(the special targeting visors for example stealth outfit). When i saw power behind onis prt. system .. then i fond out that chars can get other additional parts(I even worked witch movable hairs.. ) as prt.
I will see how far i can go witch this .. but from my observation the possibilities are high.
And i know about blue shield(and others ) problem thing.
If you guys are so tended to this bicep thing i my consider doing two versions. One witch puffed and other without it.

Ok. two versions. Witch and without puffing bicep.

konokoswatnormal1and2.jpg

Last edited by ltemplar (09/10/12 14:09)

#71 09/10/12 14:09

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

For example if you want my opinion. I think that gold color is not matching current TCTF scheme  , but i will not try to convince you about this because it's your idea, and your mod. )

that is different, that's your personal preferance for color ... here i'm not stating my personal preferance, if i were i would have said white camo textures are used so police/soldiers blend with snow and hardly see any of that in oni, while i do see a golden themed armor for barabas ... or that the eye thing makes her look like a pirate to me (despite knowing how much effort it would take to make it), that would be my personal preferance .. But regarding the arms thing, that's not my personal preferance that's something that would make sense in general .. Say i'm using a huge head for the golden tctf and u say something about it ... then that's not personal preferance .. That's just me trying to help you make the best of your idea and your concept  whether i like it or not, or going to use it or not .. Furthermore I'm not unreasonably clinging to what i'm saying .. For example i said before the thighs and calfs should be cloth same as rest of the clothes, however when u made them black  and leathery in the screenshot, they looked good and made sense, i changed my mind.

thanks for explaining to me how it works ,  though i beleive i said that myself to you earlier, and trust me after the few years here and the 15  mods i've made .. I know how it works, but this is how it is going to work from now on : you post something, I observe, comment only if i have no criticism what so ever, you release, I use and modify if I like the concept, and then share for those who might like my modification (still giving you full credit of course).
End of discussion regarding this issue,please. And good luck with ur mods ...

Edit:
1 more thing .. Time changes a person's view as they grow .. When i first joined, i attempted to make a mutant konoko, ended up using a red snake leather texture .. Someone called it 'cheap'' and i got very upset, looking at it now i think it looks horrible and cheap was putting it nicely .. So I'm sorry if my cr iticism sounds harsh, cz i've also experienced it, and i know it's not easy to work on something hard and like it, and have others criticize it, though i do believe i'm not using a harsh crticizing tone nor am I asking for major changes, but maybe I am to you

Last edited by Samer (09/10/12 14:09)

#72 09/10/12 14:09

ltemplar

Ohh man.....

Gezz... I simply want to say that I my consider in doing.. thats all.
As I seed before. I understand what you try to do.. that you try to help my improve this , and I appraised this...But you need also understand, what i want to say.
If i anger you or something then sorry. That wasn't my intention.

to edit 1. Ok. I understand but I'm not also a green one too. I'm not trying to lecture you, but only show my point of view thats all.

BTW. i created 2 versions.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/10/12 15:09)

#73 09/10/12 15:09

Samer
Website

I also edited my post to say sorry, if my criticism sounded harsh cz i also have experienced it .. In case u didn't see the edit ..

no you didn't make me angry .. That usually ends with me getting banned tongue tongue

anyway thanks for making another version, you didn't have to,  but as i said that's all i have to say on the topic for now.
I'll edit this post with the badge image later when i get power back.since i've already made so many irrelevant posts hmm

the TCTF badge by bozzman .. u can edit it make it darker or lighter or metallic https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/tctf%20badge.png

Last edited by Samer (09/10/12 17:09)

#74 09/11/12 02:09

ltemplar

Thanks.

I will definitely use it.

Edit1 - my latest work konoko in swat(for scale comparison) + Flying guardian
konokoswatnormal1andfg.jpg
tell me what you think.

FG-X1
tris count:810

Armament: dual pulsar guns - burst shot (6 bullets) stop for 1/3s then shoot another burst - infinite ammunition.
Special: Ability to fly
Armor: advanced composite alloy
HP- 100
shielding - boss shielded

Planed AI- stay there and shot (fallow if needed but for small period of time) return to patrol patch or guarded area.

Description:
FG-X1 series patrol bots..are the latest TCTF cybernetic guardians. It's Ai isn't the news one(it can be programed only to fly in specific area) however , it's ideal for guarding procedures. It's two dual mounted pulsar guns are enough to stop any single heavy armed intruder.

EDIT2
Konoko in scout armor+mobile turrets.
konokoscutarmormobiletu.jpg

MT-X3

Armament: dual plasma , rocket luncher or pulse gun
Special: slow as hell(almost unmovable) but tough as rock.
Armor: titanium alloy
Hp-800
shielding - no

AI-stay there and shot(sometimes mobile controlled by operator in assault operations)

Description

MT-X3  mobile turrets series are the best for situations where you need an heavy armored support in tight corridors. The MT-X3 have an AI , but it's so primitive that it only can identify targets and shot them. However even primitive it can be real pain for the enemy if used right.

Edit3.

Konoko in scout armor(4 color variants) + 3 MA-X9 series (light, light armored, heavy)

konokoscutarmor4csmobil.jpg

MA-X9 series

-Light 600 hp boss shielded
-light armored 700 hp no shielding
-Heavy - 900 hp no shielding

Armament: Heavy weapons (miniguns, plasma cannons, laser canons , etc)
Special:
Light series have integrated jet pack
Heavy series will have rocket luncher (swarm rocket luncher) as move.

For now thats are all projects I'm currently working on.

Please comment.

Last edited by ltemplar (09/11/12 05:09)

#75 09/11/12 06:09

Samer
Website

Cool smile i like them all a lot .. Especially the scout ones with 4 colors .
and the flying guardian looks cool too hope u'll be able to make it fly properly, i'd love to see a fight between it and Edt's sentry droid tongue also i mentioned it before it may be useful for u to make proper aiming screens and the flying animation..
the mobile torrets are also cool, they remind me of a smaller iron demon, Edt's guard dogs or iron demon may be also useful for their animation..

the  armored suits look good too, would you consider making me a male version one for Ultimate Griffin ? .. I always thought as head of TCTF he should have a special armor and like u said be able to shoot rockets or guns from his armor .. i intended to make an ultimate griffin using the golden tctf, but ur armor looks much better  hope u think about it ..
Also i hope u'd allow me to use the green scout outfit as a second outfit for female bgi boss .. I currently use black, green and white as their color scheme ..
Also try to get the guardian model and torrets in game as soon as u can before u work too hard on their textures, cz i think they may give u some trouble with their importing.

P.s : sometimes when u update ur post .. We don't notice that u added something new as the thread doesn't say there are new posts .. So i think it's ok to make a new post instead of editing when u post something new.

Last edited by Samer (09/11/12 06:09)

Board footer