Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/18/12 04:04

NeverMore

How to perform this move?

Could you guys please tell me how to perform this move, which can oddly make you jump high - done at 1:33 in this video? http://youtu.be/Ce9zSWe6BLk
It occasionally appears when I'm running down the stairs with a slide; the other possibility I know is as its occurrence in the video.I've thought that this one is cool,but I really don't know the technique of it.

#2 04/18/12 06:04

Iritscen

Re: How to perform this move?

I don't know if I could pull it off, but it looks like it's an abuse of the fact that you can jump one step after running off of a ledge, except in this case the player does a slide and then a jump.  Pretty wild stuff.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 04/18/12 08:04

s10k
Website

It's kinda a exploit yeah.

#4 04/18/12 11:04

Lukas Kreator

I do it all the time lol. Just jump when you are about to fall. Takes some practice, though.

#5 04/18/12 11:04

TOCS

Yeah, used to do this to lure Barabas of the ledge in the second fight with him.

#6 04/18/12 15:04

kyletm57

I tend to accidentally do that a ton on the TCTF HQ mission (where there is that broken upwards walkway), don't know why but I always air slide when i try to flip jump over the gap

banner2440.jpg

#7 04/20/12 05:04

NeverMore

Thanks for the advice;I will try harder tongue

Last edited by NeverMore (04/20/12 06:04)

#8 04/20/12 23:04

Mukade

I like to call it a slip-jump, for obvious reasons. As for the sliding "exploit" I haven't figured that one out to the point where I can do it 100% of the time.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#9 04/22/12 04:04

gmsly

There are many nti-gravity move in game, We use the most is "change direction after the jump"

#10 09/01/12 06:09

Paff
Website

That move combines two glitches:
- right after you step off an edge, you can jump in midair
- after you push the jump button, there's a moment when you can push the slide button and go into a slide

If you do a jump-and-then-slide on the ground, it's a normal slide. But in the air it's a jumping slide. I think it only goes to the height of a normal jump, but haven't checked carefully. I've never had it happen on stairs; that's cool!

So kyletm57, I think what's happening is you're running slightly off the platform, and then pushing the jump button and flip button very quickly, so your slide comes out instead of the flip.

Relatedly, it's possible to do your ground moves (basic punches and kicks and rolls) while airborne. I've messed around with it a little but not enough to get the hang of it.

Board footer