Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/07/12 21:04

gmsly

Model request!!!

can u guy make  the model in oni , make a new characters.

FluxBB bbcode test

DAE file : http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/008909.zip

#2 04/08/12 13:04

EdT
Website

Re: Model request!!!

It is possible to add new characters to Oni, but it requires work.  Here are some instructions: http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Importing_character_models.

#3 04/08/12 21:04

gmsly

I don't know anything about software3D programs, so need someone help

#4 04/08/12 21:04

EdT
Website

I looked at the model in a 3D program, it would require some work to make it Oni ready.  Does this model come with textures?

#5 04/09/12 00:04

gmsly

This is the original texture if you need
http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/00332.zip

#6 04/09/12 08:04

Samer
Website

NEW CHARACTER big_smile big_smile big_smile !!!!!!! i'd love to but i don't have enough time, EdT if u divide it to 19 parts I'll texture it and minimize the polygon count later if u want.
she looks nice big_smile

Edit : If u do Edt start form the original file the dae gmsly provided doesn't have uv maps .. can't texture it.

Last edited by Samer (04/09/12 08:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#7 04/09/12 10:04

EdT
Website

Currently I'm dealing with some serious real life issues, I don't know if or when I'll have time for Oni modding, sorry.

#8 04/09/12 20:04

gmsly

@Samer :EdT is busy in real life so if you interesting the model  you be able to complete alone?
FluxBB bbcode test

I think you will love the look,maybe you can mak texture like this
FluxBB bbcode test

#9 04/09/12 21:04

EdT
Website

gmsly:  Where did you get the 3D model?  Do you have a link to the original?
One problem with the model you posted is that it lacks UV maps.  A UV map basically assigns the polygons to a specific location on the texture.
Here is an example:

UVmap_example.jpg

Since the model you uploaded does not have this information, it would be very difficult, if not impossible for us to create the UV map.  Therefore, unless you can provide us with a model with the UVmaps, we are not able to convert the model for Oni.

On another note, obviously these models do not fit in the Oni Universe, but, what prevents us from making a "Martial Arts" non-Oni mod?  The level could be set in China and there can be various martial arts fighters. It would require some new fighting moves, new throws, but it would be fun!  Oni's engine is great for hand to hand fighting!

#10 04/09/12 23:04

gmsly

Edt: This is no link to get the model, It is inside a game, you can see the website :http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou6/

i don't know about the UV maps you need before , so sorry and the model with UV maps here: http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/008909LGmesh.zip

Last edited by gmsly (04/09/12 23:04)

#11 04/10/12 00:04

EdT
Website

gmsly: Unfortunately, at this moment I don't know how to open the mesh in my 3d program.  Maybe you can ask around and see if anyone can convert the model into a dae, fbx or obj format with UVmaps. 

After 20 minutes of work, searching for a model in Sketchup warehouse, getting the level files ready:

Konoko in the Forbidden City:

china1.jpg

china2.jpg

To get the model game ready will take much more time, which I don't have right now.

#12 04/10/12 03:04

gmsly

EdT wrote:

On another note, obviously these models do not fit in the Oni Universe, but, what prevents us from making a "Martial Arts" non-Oni mod?  The level could be set in China and there can be various martial arts fighters. It would require some new fighting moves, new throws, but it would be fun!  Oni's engine is great for hand to hand fighting!

you are right, we should give up that character modding and make some level or moves modding

#13 04/10/12 03:04

gmsly

EdT wrote:

After 20 minutes of work, searching for a model in Sketchup warehouse, getting the level files ready:

Konoko in the Forbidden City:

maybe we can make a team battle script for this level

#14 04/10/12 04:04

Delano762
Website

Google Earth?

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#15 04/10/12 14:04

Samer
Website

EdT wrote:

hayate would fit in nicely there smile ! The City Looks Great ^_^ Good luck Edt with the real life issues, I have bee really busy too a lot of studying, final year at uni.

gmsly i do really like her, but as EdT said with no uv maps i can't texture her, and I don't know how to convert it or make UV maps or divide it into 19 parts. so it's just postponed but not rejected smile

#16 09/01/12 11:09

Samer
Website

Gmsly were u able to get a model of this with UV maps .. I think I'd want to make hayate a female partner

Board footer