Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/04/12 03:04

berry

which looks better?

which looks better? the konoko in the intro movie or the konoko in the actual gameplay? Both look so different. the intro konoko looks so japanese and feminine. i think that the gameplay konoko suits the storyline better.

Hmm...

#2 04/04/12 05:04

kyletm57

Re: which looks better?

Well, If strictly comparing the intro look to in game (the original in game look, not the AE), i prefer the intro style. If you mean VS. the AE look, then i prefer the in game. And if you include artwork, then the back/front cover looks.

banner2440.jpg

#3 04/04/12 05:04

Iritscen

There's more than two of her!

Different_Konokos.jpg

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 04/04/12 14:04

kyletm57

@Iritscen

Btw do you know who drew the artwork for the back cover of the instruction manual (the ps2 manual at least, but i think they both are the same)?

banner2440.jpg

#5 04/04/12 16:04

Iritscen

Does the back of the manual look like the back of the box?  I don't have a manual and the back of this copy has no art from Oni.

#6 04/04/12 18:04

Knox

I prefer the intro Konoko. I like that ponytail.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#7 04/04/12 21:04

kyletm57

@Iritscen

Took me a while to dig up my old PS2 version, but I found it. Here's what the back looks like:

20120404214338.jpg

I loved this look for Konoko, looked much more mature compared to other renditions. Plus she looks super badass big_smile

Last edited by kyletm57 (04/04/12 21:04)

banner2440.jpg

#8 04/04/12 22:04

Iritscen

Ohhh, the PS2 version.  I hadn't seen that either, thanks.  Yes, that art would only have been used by Rockstar for the PS2 port because it was drawn by a Rockstar artist, or at least, no one from Bungie.  Here's the main version:
http://wiki.oni2.net/File:Konoko_Fierce.jpg
Konoko_Fierce.jpg
Two other R* pieces, maybe by the same artist: Konoko Jump Kick & Konoko Lariats a Tanker.  I'm pretty sure these were made towards the very end of Oni's development when T2 was taking over promotional efforts, which makes it bizarre that Konoko is holding the Shibume SH-40 in two of these three pieces, even though it was cut from the final game.

Personally, I prefer Lorraine's work.  As Konoko's final character designer, she understood how to make Konoko feminine while still tough.
Small example of what Lorraine's work looks like: Mouse pad small. (Ultra-Giganto version here.)

#9 04/04/12 22:04

TheCreature

I like Lorraine's version as well.  Although, you have to admit it, the E3 1998 model is pretty slick too.

Seriously though, Lorraine's followed by the In Game model.  The intro movie version just doesn't look like her to me.  Just not edgy enough.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#10 04/12/12 08:04

Vocaloawesome

i am an animefag and i love the intro artwork for konoko had a decent wallpaper for my ps3 before it commited harakiri on me.

herp a derp

Board footer