Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/23/12 22:03

berry

sword for oni?

Is there a sword weapon for oni? i saw a video of oni having a sword once on youtube. it would be cool if therre was a sword

Hmm...

#2 03/23/12 23:03

kyletm57

Re: sword for oni?

Hmmm i dont think so, it wouldn't really work well with the combat system Oni has, or at the least it wouldn't be practical in game

banner2440.jpg

#3 03/24/12 08:03

Iritscen

Someone did in fact import a sword, but they didn't get very far with it.  If it's possible to make it work well, it would require all new animations and some particle work.  I know Samer wanted to do that for Hayate at one point.

Edit: The ultimate sword discussion started here: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … id=630&p=2

Last edited by Iritscen (03/24/12 08:03)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 03/24/12 09:03

Tracker

@berry
If you also like sideswords, you can try out my 27000 Alita Last Order package:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2229
The model uses the standard animations of Konoko and you have the hands free to use all weapons of ONI. smile

Last edited by Tracker (03/24/12 09:03)

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#5 03/24/12 10:03

berry

Ok, the Alitalia character looks great! will the side swords inflict any damage?

Hmm...

#6 03/24/12 12:03

Tracker

No, but it looks nice, if you use side-punchs with A and D. smile

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#7 03/24/12 23:03

Mukade

I dunno... Iritscen, do you know if it would be possible to make new punch/kick combos for characters with a sword in their hand?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#8 03/25/12 07:03

Iritscen

I think the engine only understands weapons to be rifles or pistols, but it seems like in theory, a character's rifle animations could be made to fit a sword and not a gun.  Of course, then they wouldn't be able to handle a rifle normally, so you would only equip them with a sword.  There's other difficulties mentioned in the link I gave above; you would probably need to use the punch and kick keys to swing the sword since fire1 and fire2 attempt to expend the weapon's ammunition, and only let you punch/kick after you are out of ammo and clips.

#9 03/25/12 10:03

Mukade

Right, that's what I was thinking. You'd have to make a character, or at least an animation set for a character, that would contain animations intended only for a sword. The problem is, it would look terrible if he didn't have a sword in hand while trying to fight. Still, I think it would be pretty awesome if it could be pulled off, but it would be quite a bit of work. It would only take a couple days I think to come up with a few sword swinging animations, and combos, and maybe an idle pose, but to make it dynamic enough, with throws, and stuff would take a few weeks of semi-focused work. Maybe I'll line it up on my imaginary list of things to do hmm

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#10 03/25/12 11:03

Lukas Kreator

I think Iritscen's idea was to change his melee animations while holding a rifle without ammo. There would be a sword which would actually be a rifle, but it would always have no ammo. Then, you would have a holster-able sword with a few animations, but it would be weird to slash people with a plasma rifle, for example, because rifle melee animations are the same for any rifle.

#11 03/25/12 12:03

EdT
Website

One move that could be modified

Tanker_TH_weapon_specialmove.gif

#12 03/25/12 14:03

Samer
Website

read post http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1825&p=3 63
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1825&p=2 and post  43 -45
for our previous ideas regarding swords ..

and this is a video of all current moves that could work well for sword animations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3GF02tOuLQ

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#13 03/27/12 14:03

Mukade

Yeah, the problems with just changing rifle animations would be that there aren't really enough animation "slots" to make enough different cuts and slashes, or even separate throws using a sword. On the other hand, you could make a completely different set of moves holding an "out of ammo" sword, which would be categorized as a pistol so as to keep regular combos and throws as one would with an empty pistol in hand. The downside to this one is if you holster it, your animations kinda don't work anymore hmm

@EdT, that's a really good animation, only thing that would have to be changed is the orientation of the sword hand.

#14 03/27/12 16:03

Strife860
Banned

Does anyone here know where I can go to download Oni, the full version? I'm new by the way xD

#15 03/27/12 16:03

Striker

Strife860 wrote:

Does anyone here know where I can go to download Oni, the full version? I'm new by the way xD

We are not allowed to discuss illegal downloads (especially of Oni) on the forum. However, I might be able to provide you with a location of where you might be able to find a link to a download of a not not not not not not not not not FULLY LEGAL version of the game if you send me a private message.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Last edited by Striker (03/27/12 16:03)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#16 03/29/12 21:03

Strife860
Banned

Okay, just help me xD

#17 03/29/12 21:03

Iritscen

How about you both take a vacation from the forum instead?  Strife gets a permanent one for his inability to read the rules, and randomly breaking into a conversation just to ask about pirating Oni in his first post.

Striker, I'm being nice to you by doling out just a two-week ban, because you're an established member, but being experienced here also means you should be far far smarter than you were when you made that post.  Why would you think it's okay to condone pirating Oni in all but name?  Verbally beating around the bush does not somehow make it as if you've done nothing wrong.

Welcome to the rules, by the way.

#18 03/30/12 02:03

berry

poking holes through an enemy with a gun o.o

Hmm...

Board footer