Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/27/12 20:02

Spriggs

Weird startup problems of the K: kind

A while back, I found a copy of this game at my cousins house and he let me keep it. I really like the game, and wanted it on my fancy PC, not my out dated Laptop. When I first installed Oni, I noticed that for some reason, mine did not require the disc to be in the drive, unlike Starcraft and other CD-ROM games I own. This gave me the great idea to install the game straight to a flash drive so that I could bring it to school. The install went fine and all the files were there, however it did not launch correctly. It started and even played the first video with the wormhole, but after it said that it stopped working. I checked the debug file and it said that it could not find a particle or something.Also now whenever I put in the disc and run it, it autoruns and wants to play the copy of Oni on the K drive where my flash drive was instead of installing or looking on the C drive, even though it knows that I uninstalled it from the K drive. Any ideas?

#2 02/27/12 21:02

Striker

Re: Weird startup problems of the K: kind

The first problem is that vanilla Oni has many compatibility issues with many new computers, and tends to crash on almost everything. I would recommend you first download and install AE (Anniversary Edition) here (if fixes a lot of bugs and glitches, as well as adds a feature that allows you to install cool community mods and fixes), and once you are done, make sure you have updated the video and sound drivers on the school computers (this might be difficult).

Edit: Welcome to the forum, browse around and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by Striker (02/27/12 21:02)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#3 02/28/12 06:02

Iritscen

Yes, what Striker said.  I just wanted to note that messages about particles and objects missing are normal and aren't part of the problem.  Not sure what the issue is with the flash drive, but let us know how it works when you have the AE installed, or at least the Daodan DLL.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 02/28/12 19:02

Spriggs

I installed the anniversary edition, and it didn't run. I got the file and did the install and it gave me this debug message:

Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni_GameSettings.c, Line: 46 (message follows)

Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni_Level.c, Line: 409 (message follows)

Error 1 reported from File: F:\BungieDevelopment\BungieSource\OniProj\OniGameSource\Oni.c, Line: 943 (message follows)
Sorry to seem like a noob, but I'm kind of confused. Anyone know where I went wrong?

#5 02/29/12 17:02

Gumby

Upload startup.txt, install\Globalize.log and install\Install.log

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#6 03/02/12 20:03

Spriggs

Ok, here it is.

Globalization started 2012-Feb-28 18:50:48
Removing old GameDataFolder...
Creating needed directories...
Exporting and moving...

Reimporting levels
    Reimporting level0_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level0_Final VanillaDats/level0_Final/level0_Final/level0_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level1_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level1_Final VanillaDats/level1_Final/level1_Final/level1_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level2_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level2_Final VanillaDats/level2_Final/level2_Final/level2_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level3_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level3_Final VanillaDats/level3_Final/level3_Final/level3_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level4_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level4_Final VanillaDats/level4_Final/level4_Final/level4_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level6_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level6_Final VanillaDats/level6_Final/level6_Final/level6_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level8_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level8_Final VanillaDats/level8_Final/level8_Final/level8_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level9_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level9_Final VanillaDats/level9_Final/level9_Final/level9_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level10_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level10_Final VanillaDats/level10_Final/level10_Final/level10_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level11_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level11_Final VanillaDats/level11_Final/level11_Final/level11_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level12_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level12_Final VanillaDats/level12_Final/level12_Final/level12_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level13_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level13_Final VanillaDats/level13_Final/level13_Final/level13_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level14_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level14_Final VanillaDats/level14_Final/level14_Final/level14_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level18_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level18_Final VanillaDats/level18_Final/level18_Final/level18_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level19_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level19_Final VanillaDats/level19_Final/level19_Final/level19_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level0_Particles.oni
    Reimporting level0_Textures.oni
    Reimporting level0_Sounds.oni
    Reimporting level0_TRAC.oni
    Reimporting level0_TRAM.oni

Moving level0_Characters

Globalization ended 2012-Feb-28 18:50:53
The process took 00:00:05
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Mod Installation started 2012-Feb-28 18:54:20
Reading files from C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\install\VanillaDats\level0_Final;C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final;C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\install\packages\12000NewWeapons\oni\level0_Final;C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\install\packages\22000NewCharacters\oni\level0_Final;C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\install\packages\34000Blood\oni\level0_Final;C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\install\packages\45000NinjaShadowDash\oni\level0_Final
Removing duplicates
Writing C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat
Writing C:\Users\ZACH\Desktop\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.raw

Installation ended 2012-Feb-28 18:54:26
The process took 00:00:06

#7 03/02/12 20:03

Iritscen

Is the edition/ folder inside your Oni folder?

#8 03/05/12 17:03

Spriggs

No, It's just on my desktop. Is it supposed to be in the Oni folder?

#9 03/05/12 18:03

Lukas Kreator

nPkB4.png

EDIT: LOL

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (03/05/12 19:03)

#10 03/05/12 18:03

Striker

Your file path should be similar to 'C:\Program Files\Oni\Edition'
The 'C:\Program Files\Oni' should contain your vanilla Oni, and 'C:\Program Files\Oni\Edition' should contain the Anniversary Edition.

Edit: Lukas is apparently a ninja...

Last edited by Striker (03/05/12 18:03)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#11 03/05/12 21:03

Gumby

Lukas Kreator wrote:

Maybe we should bold that part. tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#12 03/05/12 22:03

Iritscen

Embiggen it, even.

Board footer