Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/29/12 13:01

Samer
Website

Run Away From explosion ?

How did u guys make the characters run away from the explosion of the mad bomber ? is it something programmed into the dll or is it something in the ONCC ? Some of my custom characters aren't running away and I want to fix that.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 01/29/12 14:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: Run Away From explosion ?

I think that is a reaction, part of the character profile.

#3 01/29/12 16:01

Gumby

Samer: don't crosspost into other threads, especially when your post is only 3 hours old.

Bomber running comes from particle awareness. Try toggling the options in http://wiki.oni2.net/ONCC : AI options bitset.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 01/29/12 16:01

Yoriko

Is it possible to make characters be aware of edges aswell? Like toggling some kind of invisible particle field around edges.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#5 01/29/12 17:01

Iritscen

Don't forget, guys, the wiki documents just about everything we know.  We're not faster at answering on the forum than you are at searching the wiki.

@Yoriko: Seeing as characters can dodge particles, and particles can be spawned in levels, I think you answered your own question smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 01/29/12 17:01

Samer
Website

@ gumby i asked the same question on the modifications thread much more than 3 hrs ago and i was ignored, while newer questions were answered, so it's not like my question wasn't seen, it was just ignored. Anyway no biggie i'll check the wiki next time first, i was just hoping for a direct answer, change the line x to y. For example. Cz i don't really have the time to research it right now and i was hoping to fix that and release the BGi female boss today, guess it will have to wait smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#7 01/29/12 18:01

EdT
Website

Samer:  I didn't know the answer.  But now based on gumby's answer, in Shinbot you have this:
<AIConstants>
            <Flags>NoStartleAnim EnableMeleeFireDodge ShootDodge NotUsed</Flags>

in Hayate you have this:
<AIConstants>
            <Flags>EnableMeleeFireDodge ShootDodge NotUsed</Flags>

So perhaps the NoStartleAnim flag is the key.  I have not tested this out.

To answer Yoriko's question, AI's can be aware of edges through the use of pathfinding grids. 

The first photo shows my current release of the Parkour level, you can see blue grids that extend past the edge, so the AI thinks it is safe to go there and they fall off.

Now in the second photo, I added danger quads to the edge, so now it appears as orange grids, the AI will know it is dangerous to go there and should stop.

danger_grids.jpg

I don't remember what all the colors of the grids mean, the info is somewhere in the wiki. smile

#8 01/29/12 18:01

Gumby

@Samer: Still no excuse. Have some patience, you asked a sort of obscure question and I wasn't online to answer it at the time. Setting EnableMeleeFireDodge and ShootDodge should fix it though.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer