Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 11/02/11 21:11

Yoriko

Re: Boom headshot?

Double post ftw!

After I installed this mod some comguys fighting moves have been switched to ninjas, I'm not sure if they fight like comguys but with ninja moves (I believe it's called melee ID) or if they have been in fact replaced by ninjas. And hey this is not a complaint. Makes me wanna prefer stealth even when the only enemy around is a seemingly crappy comguy.

EDIT: It also reminds me of that bgi thug that is a ninja, anyone up for placing out disguised enemies in levels? big_smile

Last edited by Yoriko (11/02/11 21:11)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#27 11/03/11 11:11

paradox-01

When it comes to the beige strikers with only partial covering helmets, can you headshot them and deal damage as protected head aswell as unprotected head depending on where you aim?

Nope, a body part can hold only one material.

After I installed this mod some comguys fighting moves have been switched to ninjas

I accidentally used a "comguy ninja" ONCC... Fixed it.

#28 11/03/11 19:11

Yoriko

It also seems like I cant break any glass with attacks anymore either......

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#29 11/04/11 08:11

paradox-01

Those ONCCs never included support for glass breaking moves.
You would need to update them.

<ONCPParticle>
               <Name>glass_break</Name>
               <Type>glass_break</Type>
               <BodyPart>-1</BodyPart>
           </ONCPParticle>

#30 11/11/11 20:11

Yoriko

.......I dont know what you mean by that.

#31 11/11/11 21:11

Knox

Copy the text and manually put it in the ONCC I think.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#32 01/05/12 15:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 11:01)

#33 01/05/12 20:01

Yoriko

I've tried this for a while and forgot about this thread tongue Thanks Windy for posting here.

I think this mod is interesting since it puts more depth in the shooting. With this mod you actually have to consider where you're shooting and fast cause your enemy is dashing towards you. However it only gives you a small damage bonus when scoring something as difficult as a headshot on a fury. I think the damage should be doubled at least. Also, does it matter where I hit with the phase projector and wave motion cannon? I also noticed you can hit yourself with the phase projector, makes me think twice about where I direct my beam tongue

The auto aim messes it up when I try to aim for the unprotected areas. Is there any way I can permanently disable it so I dont need to write down the command every time I start up Oni?

Last edited by Yoriko (01/05/12 20:01)

#34 01/05/12 22:01

Iritscen

In Windows, you could put "chr_weapon_auto_aim=0" in a BSL file in the "global" IGMD folder.  However, the code will not automatically run, so you'll need to put it in a function like "func myConfig" and then modify each level's existing BSL to call "myConfig" somewhere early on.  (On Macs, the Intel build supports "global" too.)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer