Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/17/11 23:09

Knox

Overgrowth and Phoenix Engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTb6S31Vf68
mere words cannot describe the amazing potential this game and it's engine have.

Last edited by Knox (09/17/11 23:09)

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#2 09/18/11 01:09

Bozzman

Re: Overgrowth and Phoenix Engine.

Wow I havent looked in on that project for years! It's come a long way from Lugaru. Fantastic!

Here take this hypo!

#3 09/18/11 12:09

Yoriko

I've only played the lugaru demo though and no other games from wolfire but I've followed overgrowth for a time now and I gotta say the direction they're going with it is excellent. smile

I love games with cute little furry creatures beating the shit out of one another. ^^

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#4 09/23/11 12:09

Den

Darnie, reminds me alot of Redwall. Looks splendour

#5 09/26/11 18:09

Mukade

Wow, this game actually looks pretty sweet! And yeah, the engine for it looks pretty good too, I'm drooling to think of Oni on that ^_^

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 09/26/11 19:09

Knox

Oni+Phoenix Engine=AWESOME.

Oni fan since 2001.

#7 09/26/11 19:09

Yoriko

Replace rabbits with Oni characters?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#8 09/26/11 19:09

Bozzman

and slow down the action by about 25% - we're not rabbits hahaha

Here take this hypo!

#9 09/27/11 13:09

Yoriko

It would be quite simply, just switch models and sounds from rabbits to oni characters, they look humanoid already. ^^
The harder part would be to make oni like textures on buildings and such aswell as making the oni attacks, anyone up for it using the editor? ^^

#10 09/27/11 22:09

Mukade

Sounds like another longshot project, but I think it would be cool to at least make an Oni mod for the game, as opposed to completely transitioning it to Oni. Just a few models and sound effects, for the lulz smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 09/28/11 08:09

EdT
Website

I'm tempted to pre-order, just to make an Oni mod big_smile

#12 09/28/11 09:09

Yoriko

Mukade wrote:

Sounds like another longshot project, but I think it would be cool to at least make an Oni mod for the game, as opposed to completely transitioning it to Oni. Just a few models and sound effects, for the lulz smile

That was what I was thinking.
I've also thought about an Oni mod for Team Fortress 2 aswell, Oni Fortress. lol

#13 09/28/11 16:09

Mukade

Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool. Instead of red v blue, could be Syndicate vs. TCTF.

@EdT: Not just for an Oni mod, the game itself looks pretty cool.

Last edited by Mukade (09/28/11 16:09)

#14 09/28/11 17:09

Yoriko

Or it could be blue syndicate vs red syndicate.

Scout=Ninja
Soldier=Striker or elite striker
Pyro=???
Demoman=Mad bomber
Heavy=Tanker
Engineer=Thug
Medic=Scientist
Sniper=Merc sniper
Spy=Fury, backstab would be a judo chop lol

EDIT: All melee weapons would be replaced by fists with different looking attacks.

Last edited by Yoriko (09/28/11 17:09)

#15 09/28/11 22:09

Lithium

Yoriko wrote:

Scout=Ninja
Soldier=Tanker
Pyro=Striker
Demoman=Mad bomber
Heavy=Elite
Engineer=Thug
Medic=Scientist
Sniper=Merc sniper
Spy=Fury, backstab would be a judo chop lol

EDIT: All melee weapons would be replaced by fists with different looking attacks.

There tongue

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#16 09/29/11 08:09

Yoriko

Thanks oxe ^^

Oh and I forgot: Announcer=Muro big_smile

Last edited by Yoriko (09/29/11 08:09)

#17 09/29/11 13:09

Mukade

Yoriko wrote:

Scout= Fury
Soldier=Tanker
Pyro=Striker
Demoman=Mad bomber
Heavy=Elite
Engineer=Thug
Medic=Scientist
Sniper=Merc sniper
Spy=Ninja

And I would say that you could at least give them each a weapon of some kind. Demoman gets SBG, scout gets scram cannons, etc. Or we could even make new guns, or use some of the new ones.
Medigun would be interesting...

#18 09/29/11 18:09

Dirk Gently
Website

don't ever use the war themed hat simulation engine.

#19 09/29/11 18:09

Yoriko

Why did you switch the fury and the ninja? That doesnt make any sense, if you want the spy=ninja there could be scout=comm guy

Weapons:

Scout=Scram cannon
Soldier=Screaming cannon
Pyro=Modified Plasma rifle
Demoman=SBG
Heavy=Barabas gun
Engineer=???
Medic=Phase projector (medigun)
Sniper=Mercury bow
Spy=Campbell equalizer+VDG (knife)

All pistols=Black adder pistols

Any Oni weapons I forgot?

#20 09/30/11 00:09

Loser

Overgrowth looks pretty amazing, but I kind of oppose the idea to base Oni 2 (or remake of Oni) on some licenced 3rd party engine. Better is to use available means and create our own ^_^.

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#21 10/13/11 20:10

EdT
Website

Well I pre-ordered Overgrowth and after reading up on some tutorials, I was able to get Konoko in as an object.  To make her a playable character will take A LOT of work, I will need to learn Blender, bones, rigging and more to get her into the game.  But this is a start :-)

I had to use the low-poly version of Konoko, it seems there is a limit of around 5,000 polygons for a character.

OG_konoko1.jpg

OG_konoko2.jpg

#22 10/13/11 21:10

Knox

Cool!

Oni fan since 2001.

#23 10/14/11 07:10

Delano762
Website

You're pro.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#24 10/14/11 09:10

Bozzman

Excellent!

Here take this hypo!

#25 10/14/11 15:10

Yoriko

What the hell Edt?! The density of modelling awesomeness in you will cause the entire universe to implode!!

Board footer