Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/21/11 15:08

Samer
Website

Skull Team Fight - REMOVED

This package is no longer available as a single pack instead it's updated and is now part of  SamMegaPack-Conversion

Oni%2525202012-01-21%25252010-27-09-28_cr.jpg

This mod will allow you to battle the skull team characters,

You will face the grey fury at the Atmospheric Center interior .. save point 0
the Regenerating Tanker at Airport Cargo Hangars ... save point 1
Kojiro at the Mountain Compound ... save point 3

The other enemies in the area are changed as well to go with the new sub bosses, for example you'll find yourself in the fury's lair, leading up to the fight with the grey fury.

Can you defeat all 3 ? big_smile If so make a video of it tongue
some rules : you can't use a weapon in the fight against the skull team member and only allowed 1 hypo per fight. ( you can use hypos before u reach them)
and the game has to be set on hard. and of course no cheats.

Last edited by Samer (11/11/12 11:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 08/21/11 16:08

Yoriko

Re: Skull Team Fight - REMOVED

Samer wrote:

3- i want konoko to powerup and get her health restored after she defeats them.

I suggest you just give them hypos, if they are sub bosses they should drop three IMO.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#3 08/21/11 17:08

Mukade

You should have Kojiro holding the keys to the van instead at the end of savepoint 2.
1- You'd have to do some BSL... something like wait for the character to *startle* (chr_waitanimation) then give him the extra health.

2- I'm not sure what the BSL code is for starting and stopping music, but you could analyse maybe Leus's Zen Garden script and find the lines that deal with music. When you do, put the music start after the chr_waitanimation, and put the music stop after he dies, which I'll deal with in...

3- To make yourself powerup, you'd have to do chr_wait_health <chr> 0, then chr_animate 0 <powerup> <length of animation> and I'm not sure how to do the particles, but maybe look at one of the cutscenes where she powers up in a BSL file to get an idea. At the same time, you'd give her the extra health.

Sorry, this isn't a cut and paste thing, but it gives you (or anyone else who wants to try) an idea of how to do this. If no1 else does it, I can take a look in a couple hours, when I'm done this throw.

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 08/21/11 18:08

Lukas Kreator

As I recall, "chr_wait_health <chr> 0" won't work, as you'll die first. I usually do "chr_wait_health <chr> 1" or with some higher number.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/21/11 18:08)

#5 08/21/11 18:08

Mukade

I haven't had any problems with it.. anyways, I'm working on it now, but instead of chr_wait health, I discovered that in the BINACJBOCharacter, for each character, there's options to add scripts for events like Die, Combat, Alarm, etc...

So instead of chr_wait_health as a condition, I can just call the function on death using the BINA

EDIT: Okay, so I've made it so that music starts and stops on combat, and you recharge health after the fight. Just need to do the powerup animation, and give tanker extra health at the beginning of Combat. Then I replicate this for Fury and Kojiro.

Last edited by Mukade (08/21/11 18:08)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 08/21/11 19:08

Lukas Kreator

Ah, yes, you can do that too. I feel this will look good once you are finished.

Wait, did you say Combat? Hmm...

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/21/11 19:08)

#7 08/21/11 19:08

Mukade

Yeah, Combat is basically when you start to fight him.

So yeah, I got everything working just fine, although if it's okay with you Samer, I'm going to move the tanker to the cutscene in Airport Assault where you see Muro for the first time. Originally two strikers come out of there, one with a VDG, but I think it would be better if the Tanker came out. I mean, if Muro wants to eliminate you, Strikers just ain't gonna cut it wink

I'm also thinking of moving Kojiro to either end of savepoint 2 of compund, instead of the thug holding the keys, or, replacing the com guy right before you fight Muro. Makes sense that his right hand man would be the one pressing the big red button on the whole operation wink

Anyways, you decide what you want for these. I just feel like Skull team should be guarding important objectives, or at least fit themselves into the story better. Kojiro would be guarding the keys, or getting ready to initiate STURMANDERUNG, the Grey Fury is find where she is imo, and the Tanker could be there to "finish you off" while Muro catches his flight.

Also, since Kojiro would be in the game, I'll include replacing the original comguy Kojiro with new and improved Skull Team Kojiro, and if someone wants to give me a Kojiro Avatar, I can also include that for when Muro's talking to him.

Also also... my package BSLs aren't working... I think that was said before, but is there any fix for this yet? It would be a hell of a lot easier than having to replace every script everytime I run the installer smile

#8 08/21/11 19:08

Iritscen

I'm not sure if this will work, but try setting the package info to HasBSL->No.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 08/21/11 19:08

Mukade

Naw, that didn't work sad

#10 08/21/11 20:08

EdT
Website

Mukade: I think this is what you want, create a blank text file and name it ignore.txt.  Put that file in each folder inside IGMD, that you don't want the installer to write over.

#11 08/21/11 20:08

Mukade

True true. I'll do that, and that does solve my problem. But it would be easier for people who download it to install it, and to keep it installed tongue

#12 08/22/11 02:08

Samer
Website

mm mukade please don't change the positions of the characters cz i already made the xml and as i said i want them to be reached quickly..

having kojiro at the end of the savepoint 3 in the compound isn't a good idea : 1- it takes too long to reach him.
2- u can kill him easily by knocking him off the ledge especially using barabas's combat ID he's not scared of ledges he acts like he has a jetpack . not fun

same applies for the truck driver, takes too long to reach him.

regenerating tanker ... with the vdg there u can easily beat him and the area is too narrow to use his regeneration.
replacing the sbg tanker is great because of the large area. and he's the only one there.

and i want to be the one to release the package ... once u're done with the bsl send them to me. I know how to make them into a package without the need for the ignore text file and so that they don't get replaced by the installer everytime .
I just need the bsl commands and i'll take it from there and thanks for everything tongue

about replacing kojiro in cutscenes ... u have the airport in the airplane, the van in level 3 .. the attack on tctf HQ and the comguy running with him in the atmospheric processor. it only needs an xml replacement. however i wasn't too excited to do that cz it makes the package less compatible with any other packages that modify these levels.

Last edited by Samer (08/22/11 02:08)

#13 08/22/11 02:08

Mukade

func void tanker_fight(string ai_name)
{
	chr_set_health tarmac_tanker_1 400
	sound_music_start mus_asian 
}

func void tanker_death(string ai_name)
{
	sound_music_stop mus_asian 
	chr_animate 0 TRAMKONOKOpowerup 150
	sleep 500
	chr_set_health 0 300
}

There's the code. you can change the function names for each of the three character, or you could leave it the same, doesn't really matter. Anyways, to make it work, go into the BINAChar, and under the character, where it says <Die></Die> Put tanker_death (or whatever you decide to name the functions) and in <Combat></Combat> Put tanker_fight. That should do it for the script. As for the script itself, you can put in anywhere in level logic BSL. As for the music, well, all you need to do is find out what the music name is, and change it to whatever you want. It might be good to switch it up for each of the three.

Also, the Tanker with the SBG isn't alone, there are at least 3 others nearby, one with plasma rifle, and two with Black Adder SMGs. Unless you're talking about the one near the console, but that's alot father in, and there's a mad bomber there.

Last edited by Mukade (08/22/11 02:08)

#14 08/22/11 08:08

Samer
Website

thanks a bunch muakde ^_^ ur name will be in the package creators as well.

and i removed the other enemies from the area for that tanker. smile

#15 08/22/11 15:08

Mukade

k cool. When I was testing the fight, it was nearly impossible to finish without cheating.

#16 01/21/12 03:01

Samer
Website

Package released, you now can fight the Skull Team members, read the description and download from first post, are you up for the challenge big_smile ?

#17 01/21/12 05:01

Lukas Kreator

Wow, seems dangerous. I'll give a try as soon as I can.

Off-topic: doctor Strange avatar rules.

#18 01/21/12 16:01

Samer
Website

anyone tried this yet ?

thx lukas yeah dr strange rocks smile

#19 01/21/12 18:01

tokenoftime92
Website

I defeated them without hypos. I basically hate all the furries because they block too much(same goes a bit to tankers, but they are okay) and I hate to perform throws, throws are too easy and I like to fight without them. That needs skill.
I like Kojiro the best, he's like a big slow target dummy with no blocking skills at all (like all the com guys smile)
here it is. watch in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn72ATfj9Lo

Last edited by tokenoftime92 (01/21/12 20:01)

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#20 01/21/12 23:01

Knox

Awesome. BTW, has anyone ever suggested a name for the Regen-Tanker?

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#21 01/22/12 00:01

Lithium

Billy Bob

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#22 01/22/12 14:01

tokenoftime92
Website

Zangief

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#23 01/22/12 16:01

Lithium

Too overrated

Hugo

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#24 01/22/12 16:01

Yoriko

Harry

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#25 01/22/12 16:01

Delano762
Website

As the name suggests - Reggie

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer