Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/22/11 14:07

marco75

Developer Console: Command Line is invisible

Thank you everybody for working hard on Oni modding.
I first saw Oni on a friend's PC in 2001, and played it occasionally thereafter.
I only finished the game on my Win7 netbook last year, having found it very challenging and addictive.

I'm using C-Daodan binkw32.dll, the recommended oni.exe and AE May 2010.
I'm playing at 1680 x 1050 x 32 bit (native LCD resolution)

During the game, I press F1, then type in "thedayismine" to activate developer console.
Thereafter, I can cycle through the different camera modes with Enter,
warp to the camera position with End, move the camera with the numpad etc.

Various output scrolls up the screen, but when I press ~ to enter a command, I don't get a cursor and I can't see the command line. Is that normal?

Shift + F7 and Shift + F8 do NOT back-cycle through the weapons/characters. I have Shift assigned to 'Walk', is that the reason?

#2 07/22/11 15:07

Mukade

Re: Developer Console: Command Line is invisible

Originally, Shift is designated as "crouch", so <Crouch Key> + F7/F8 should cycle backwards. As for command line issue, i dunno :-/

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 07/22/11 16:07

Iritscen

Welcome, marco75.  I'm not sure which Daodan is supposed to fix that issue, if any, but I can tell you that the command line is known to be invisible at higher resolutions, at least on some PCs.  Ugly though it may be, 1024x768 should definitely show the console line, and then you can experiment with higher resolutions up from there.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 07/22/11 18:07

s10k
Website

It works at 1280x800 here.

Board footer