Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 07/06/11 09:07

Aiko

Re: Oni's Scariest Moment

SektorZ wrote:

The scariest thing for me was the 2nd airport level, huge dark outdoors and creepy music... it used to scare me and it still does a little bit.

This!!! I initially hated going out to that large open space and that slow, creepy music.

Aiko

#27 07/06/11 11:07

Yoriko

Aiko wrote:
SektorZ wrote:

The scariest thing for me was the 2nd airport level, huge dark outdoors and creepy music... it used to scare me and it still does a little bit.

This!!! I initially hated going out to that large open space and that slow, creepy music.

The beggining of the airport cargo hangars, after you've killed everyone there's a really creepy sound that makes me jump every time. I believe it's the same sound as the one in the end of the ambient track in the oni soundtrack.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#28 07/06/11 23:07

Mukade

Man, I never really considered this. I don't find any of it scary now, Im trying to think back when I first played it when I was young... um.... probably Shinny Zombie was scariest

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#29 07/11/11 16:07

kyletm57

When i was young, i could never get past the last checkpoint of level 3. The scariest thing in this game for me was that moment of adrenaline when i entered the huge open room with the acid pool on the floor, i would always get knocked off the catwalk or miss a jump and die, and i always knew that i was going to lose every time.

banner2440.jpg

#30 07/18/11 11:07

Sharoduinn

kyletm57 wrote:

When i was young, i could never get past the last checkpoint of level 3. The scariest thing in this game for me was that moment of adrenaline when i entered the huge open room with the acid pool on the floor, i would always get knocked off the catwalk or miss a jump and die, and i always knew that i was going to lose every time.

Same here.
Always at that point my hands would start sweating and shaking uncontrollably, and I would mess it up in the platform jumping and fall into the acid -_-'
After that I of course had to start from checkpoint 3... tongue

"Sorry about the mess"

#31 02/23/14 23:02

bianca222

The creepy ambient music in level 8 (before savepoint 1) and in level 5 always creeps me out every time  yikes

Also, everything about savepoint 5 in level 13 still gives me the chills too. The creepiness in level 13 is well done too. Shinatama's appearance, her voice, the music, the dark room, and seeing her creepy face when activating the consoles  yikes

#32 02/24/14 04:02

Lithium

Lithium wrote:

The PS2 Loading screen

I just got flashbacks

Um I wouldn't say scary but unsettling would be around the area in the Airport Cargo Hangars right after you see Muro running up that main ramp with his goons. Specifically the part where you have to activate the three consoles in those blue rooms in order to proceed to the outside part of the level. The music in that section and how lonely it felt made me feel a bit uneasy as towards what I felt the game's story was going to be, and surely enough it didn't go as I was expecting.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#33 03/04/14 09:03

tens

The final climb few catwalks to the fighting Muro atop the Mountain Complex. God, I can't remember the amount of times i got way too nervous to play properly and end up using 3 hypos and stuff and them moments when i throw myself along with the opponent into that dark abyss. That's not all >.< Sometimes if you're unlucky, they won't be visible until you literally run into them and that moment of hilarity where i hit space and jump off has occurred.  :8  big_smile

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

Board footer