A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/31/11 09:03

Delano762
Website

Unnamed Project WIP (Alpha released)

So, I've made this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3w5YrWa … r_embedded
I was making this for my own joy, but lads on IRC said: "Why not?" or something like that, so here it is. Ok, so these are the main goals of this mod:
1. Give Muro's uber TRAMs to Mai (but only uber, I'm not importing his entire TRAC set, which also consists of crappy Comguy moves, same thing in point 2)
2. Give Muro's uber TRAMs to Furies and boost their health (90 for Tan, 170 for blue, 250 for red), making some kind of subbosses out of them in effect.
Secondary:
-Improve (e.g add an attack to murcom_crouch_fw) and "Improve" (make some of Muro's and Konoko's TRAMs, as Gumby says, "prettier" by mindlessly adding particles, as seen in video, which by the way cause to lag) Muro's TRAMs, and his AI, because he acts a bit idiotic.
First 2 are accomplished, so I'm focusing on details and bugs now and secondary objective.
Also, I've did some other things:
-"Improved" Konoko's moves
-Added some of Konoko's moves to Furies, as seen in last scenes
-I don't remember anything else now
Anyway, what do you think?

Last edited by Delano762 (07/11/11 06:07)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#2 03/31/11 09:03

Samer
Website

Re: Unnamed Project WIP (Alpha released)

""Improve" (make some of Muro's and Konoko's TRAMs, as Gumby says, "prettier" by mindlessly adding particles, as seen in video, which by the way cause to lag)"
Onirules' particle package already adds particle trails and hit impacts to muro's and konoko's and others' moves. http://mods.oni2.net/node/84
just thought i'd save u the trouble smile

to be honest :

The first move in ur video where the fury does muro's running punch throw and konoko gets thrown away .. was that intentional ? or did muro's running punch throw and konoko's running kick throw_tgt get mixed ?

I personally really dislike muro's leg break throw, won't want to see it on other characters except if its damage is minimized tongue . and I prefer konoko's original supers. but i like the idea of giving the furies the moves they lack.
running punch throw for example. and some of muro's moves are cool forward kick, running kick, low kick and jump kick for konoko or the furies, but they have been a little overused.
also i suggest keeping their original idle pose if u changed it to get better transitions u can do that by modifying interpolation in the trams, and adjusting the heights of the muro's moves to fit the shorter female characters. (that means more tram and trac editing)

I really like the idea of making muro's forward cartswheel\escape move have an attack ... u just need to edit the tram of the move and copy the attack part from another tram i suggest from ninja's running kick since they almost have same duration.

I like giving konoko a more powerful back punch throw.

and I agree that the furies should have more health not necessarily boss like but a little more maybe same as strikers (but less than 250)

how did u improve konoko's moves ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 03/31/11 11:03

Delano762
Website

Samer wrote:

The first move in ur video where the fury does muro's running punch throw and konoko gets thrown away .. was that intentional ? or did muro's running punch throw and konoko's running kick throw_tgt get mixed ?

They got mixed, game seems to mistake some tgt trams. Here's the list of those mistakes:
-The one you have noticed, it leads to a hilarious crash - if that Fury would run still instead of stopping and taunting me, she would get hit by my body.
-Konoko's Running Kick Throw - it's vice versa to above, murcom_run_thw_fw_tgt instead of koncom_run_thw_fw_k_tgt, very often, just like the one above, basically 50% of kick throw attempts
-Muro's Neck Snap, koncom_throw_bk_tgt (not backbreaker, it's the punch one) instead of murcom_throw_bk_tgt, it's very annoying, it happens mainly when I sneak up on someone who is on move, and then try to perform the move. It rarely happens during combat and I haven't seen it happen on stationary targets. Need to fix this one.
-Muro's Leg Break - koncom_throw_fw_p_tgt instead of murcom_throw_fw_tgt, but this one is EXTREMELY RARE, it happened to me only once.

Samer wrote:

also i suggest keeping their original idle pose if u changed it to get better transitions u can do that by modifying interpolation in the trams, and adjusting the heights of the muro's moves to fit the shorter female characters. (that means more tram and trac editing)

Yeah, idle animation is a big bug here. Funny thing is, Furies have only that levitation problem, while Konoko has two more: first one, her shoes are sliding on the ground. Furies shoes slide too, but basically barely compared to Konoko. Second one, when I look left during idle anim, Konoko keeps her left hand in her... butt. Guess she'll have to wash her hands more often.

Samer wrote:

I really like the idea of making muro's forward cartswheel\escape move have an attack ... u just need to edit the tram of the move and copy the attack part from another tram i suggest from ninja's running kick since they almost have same duration.

That's my current objective.

Samer wrote:

Erm... That back lariat in the beginning wasn't modified.

Samer wrote:

and I agree that the furies should have more health not necessarily boss like but a little more maybe same as strikers (but less than 250)

Did that just because the game was way too easy with Mai's new skills. Though TCTF levels will be easy then... Maybe I'll make female cops the same as furies. Besides, Muro's last standing (Griffin alive) is easy as hell too, but only if I focus on him. So I'll double his health in future (that's gonna be 500).

Samer wrote:

how did u improve konoko's moves ?

I didn't improve them. I "improved" them. You know, moar particles.

Samer wrote:

Onirules' particle package already adds particle trails and hit impacts to muro's and konoko's and others' moves.

Erm... I think I already done most of the particle job. Only few Konoko's moves remaining.

Now, in order to check something, is there any way to spawn a certain character, with certain team and melee profile using AE's console?

Last edited by Delano762 (03/31/11 12:03)

#4 03/31/11 12:03

Samer
Website

Delano762 wrote:

hey got mixed, game seems to mistake some tgt trams. Here's the list of those mistakes ...

i had that problem a lot especially with casey cause i used several throws from different characters. solutions to this were discussed here : http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1655

Delano762 wrote:

Yeah, idle animation is a big bug here. Funny thing is, Furies have only that levitation problem, while Konoko has two more: first one, her shoes are sliding on the ground. Furies shoes slide too, but basically barely compared to Konoko. Second one, when I look left during idle anim, Konoko keeps her left hand in her... butt. Guess she'll have to wash her hands more often.

u just need to adjust the height of the moves in the trams.
compare comguy's idle pose and konoko's\fury's idle pose .. see the difference and adjust the heights. to make it simpler :
open the tram in xml of the male move u want to use see the part in the tram which says heights :
subtract this number 1.0490249  from the values  ( i already calculated the number before also when i was giving casey fury's moves he sunk to the ground i had to add .. u have to subtract) then rename the tram and convert it to oni and put it in fury's\konoko's tract ..
edt taught me this here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1262&p=2 post 47

Erm... That back lariat in the beginning wasn't modified.

i didn't mean the running punch throw .. i meant the static back punch throw : muro's back neck breaker, or anything else than her current back static throw punch.

Did that just because the game was way too easy with Mai's new skills. Though TCTF levels will be easy then... Maybe I'll make female cops the same as furies. Besides, Muro's last standing (Griffin alive) is easy as hell too, but only if I focus on him. So I'll double his health in future (that's gonna be 500).

do u have upgraded ONCCs installed and playing on hard ? i think muro's health is made 500 already with upgraded oncc. konoko has 200 health. 250 will make the fury, very long lived striker's health points will be good except if u want every fury to be a boss ... but it's up to you of course.
and i agree on the female cops health part they die way too fast.. i was going to make that change in the character retexture package along with giving them contrails for their super moves.
btw u shoudl try the custom final battle with the custom characters tongue it's more challenging
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1279

Erm... I think I already done most of the particle job. Only few Konoko's moves remaining.

remember to use the glass breaking trams and andrashi's trams.

Now, in order to check something, is there any way to spawn a bot using AE's console?

u can use Leus's OZG mod.. and spawn whatever enemy u want.

#5 03/31/11 13:03

Delano762
Website

Hmmm... On OZG, what do I have to do, to spawn a Muro, a Red Fury with a certain melee profile, and put them on different teams, you know to make them fight? And I'll just sit back and watch it?

#6 04/01/11 04:04

Samer
Website

1- activate moonshadow and maybe canttouchthis and liveforever and minime
2-activate developer mode by F1 then x
alloff
muroon
add
alloff
redfuryon
add

3-activate reservoirdogscheat

to change the melee profile u need to edit the BINACJBOCharacter (from the OZG pack) in xml and change the furie's melee id the reconvert to oni and replace the file in the package. ( probably a good idea to backup the original one)

there are probably other methods but i think this is the easiest.

Last edited by Samer (04/01/11 04:04)

#7 04/01/11 07:04

Delano762
Website

Awright, experiment done. In a 1vs1 duel uber Red Fury vs Muro, Red Fury won with score 4:1. Cheap knockouts from the rooftop are not counted, and if they were, then it would be 6:1.
Results are pretty simple: Muro is dumb and... fat (he's so uber and yet can't jump as high as Konoko or Furies). Lol. And Fury is even dumber, as she can't recognize sex of her opponent - "She wuz weak". Oh, by the way, during the early stages of the development of this mod I've increased Muro's Neck Snap damage to 70, to equal Backbreaker's total damage.
Anyway, apart from making murcom_crouch_fw an attack move and doubling Muro's health, here's my ideas to toughen him up:
-Drastically improve his AI, to like, being able to waste 2 red uber furies at same time
-Despite Muro has so uber moveset, he lacks a Konoko/Ninja style getup_fw, side and back jump flips. Plus he jumps pathetically low, as low as a striker. Obviously I gotta fix it.
Anyway, now I'll try fixing idle anims. But before, I'll play OZG a bit more, it's fun.

#8 04/14/11 11:04

Delano762
Website

Oh, bloody hell, how could I know that Excel would come in handy at modding video games... Now I have to remember 3 goddamn years of learning Excel lol ...Maybe even 5

1.How can I add <Height> tag back in Excel?
2.Bashing space button in Notepad/Wordpad is annoying. Any way to deal with that?

Last edited by Delano762 (04/14/11 13:04)

#9 04/14/11 16:04

Iritscen

1. Have you tried using the concatenate() function?
2. Why do you need to bash the space bar?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#10 04/15/11 03:04

Gumby

Try pressing Tab. tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 04/15/11 05:04

Delano762
Website

Iritscen wrote:

1. Have you tried using the concatenate() function?
2. Why do you need to bash the space bar?

1. Nope, haven't seen it before, thanks for info.
2. To keep the obvious order in the files.

Gumby wrote:

Try pressing Tab. tongue

Let it be ;P I didn't think of that.

Damn. I phailed here. Anyway, I'll just play Evil Genius a bit, then finish this and move on to the next objective.

Last edited by Delano762 (04/15/11 05:04)

#12 04/16/11 03:04

Samer
Website

ouh i have a much easier way... u have to download notepad++ though.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

here's what i do :

use this excel http://www.mediafire.com/?n5oc05idlh2ml4n the first column A is COMguy's idle pose
column C is Red's .. then E is the difference ... in column G i paste the heights i need to change ...

example copying this data opening xml in notepad++
<Height>8.580778</Height>
<Height>8.705538</Height>
<Height>8.935825</Height>
<Height>9.296597</Height>
<Height>9.79269</Height>

paste them into a nw file in notepad++ .. do a search and replace (ctrl+f)... replace all <Height> with a space and all </Height> with space.

now u have this :

copy and paste them into column G in the excel file .. uget the new numbers from column J .. which is the result of either adding or subtracting the difference of com and red heights to the heights u want to modify. u change the formula accordingly :  J = G + H or G -H.
now copy the three columns : I J and K

and paste into notepadd++ u get this :
<Height>    10.9643179    </Height>
<Height>    10.9382279    </Height>
<Height>    10.9031979    </Height>
<Height>    10.8604909    </Height>
<Height>    10.8113719    </Height>
<Height>    10.7571069    </Height>

to remove that space ... press alt + the mouse .. u'll be able to just highlight the spaces ... press alt and drag mouse.. hard to explain but if u try it u'll get it.

u'll have this :
<Height>10.9643179</Height>
<Height>10.9382279</Height>
<Height>10.9031979</Height>
<Height>10.8604909</Height>
<Height>10.8113719</Height>

copy paste them into the xml.. do so by highlighting all the heights to be changed in the xml ..
example in xml :
<Heights>
            <Height>8.580778</Height>
            <Height>8.705538</Height>
            <Height>8.935825</Height>
            <Height>9.296597</Height>
            <Height>9.79269</Height>
            <Height>10.4035835</Height>
            <Height>10.7571069</Height>
</Heights>

so u'll highlight from <Height>8.580778</Height> to <Height>10.7571069</Height> .. now paste the modified one we prepared in notepad++ .. u'll see that all will be aligned already ... if not just press tab once or twice while still highlighting all of the ones that aren't aligned ... and they'll all be in position.

takes a minute or 2 ^_^

Last edited by Samer (04/16/11 03:04)

#13 04/21/11 15:04

Delano762
Website

Thanks Sam. Ok, now I've noticed something pyronormal: According to game files, female cops are using Konoko's TRAC. If they use it, then why the heck are they using Konoko's standard moves?

Last edited by Delano762 (04/21/11 15:04)

#14 04/21/11 15:04

Samer
Website

they HAVE all her moves (determined by track) they don't USE all her moves (determined by Melee Profile)

#15 04/22/11 06:04

Delano762
Website

No, you don't understand me here. I mean, the TRAC which Konoko is using is obviously customized, so she uses some of Muro's moves. And according to female cops ONCC files, they use that TRAC too, so they should be using Muro's moves which are present in that file, but acctually, they don't - they use Konoko's standard vanilla moves.

#16 04/22/11 10:04

Samer
Website

again by use u mean they don't perform those moves when AI controlled or when player controlled ?

#17 04/22/11 11:04

paradox-01

Probably you have to overrule the "globalize package".

Try adding the fem cop ONCCs to your package.
Make sure they use your TRAC (TRACkonoko_animations ?) and not TRACai_kon_animations.

#18 04/23/11 05:04

Delano762
Website

Samer wrote:

again by use u mean they don't perform those moves when AI controlled or when player controlled ?

Both.

paradox-01 wrote:

Try adding the fem cop ONCCs to your package.

Now it works. Thanks mate.
Ok, I'll play some OZG, fix the last heights and move on to the next objective.
BTW, LMAO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3zwlA9j … re=related

Last edited by Delano762 (04/23/11 05:04)

#19 07/10/11 15:07

Delano762
Website

Awright, I have an alpha here (package). Requesting an account on Mod Depot or a little help at uploading it there big_smile

#20 07/10/11 17:07

Iritscen

If your package is *really* alpha, it might be best to upload it to a random file-sharing site first, so we don't have to keep uploading new versions to the Depot as things are tweaked.  But if it's mostly finished, we'd be glad to upload it for you.  Then, if you continue making a few mods, I'll set up an account for you.

#21 07/11/11 05:07

Delano762
Website

Well, It's basically all polished and all, but there's plenty of stuff to add so it's an alpha. What file sharing site would you suggest?

#22 07/11/11 06:07

Iritscen

I don't use them myself, so I'm not that familiar with the choices, but I think Mediafire is pretty good.

#23 07/11/11 06:07

Delano762
Website

I'll try Game Front.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20538317 … URBOSS.zip
Notes:
-Absolutely the best part of this mod is on level 11, the part with 2 furies after wasting invisible ninjas. Hard level of difficulty highly recommended.
-I've made MURCOMcrouch_fw (forward + crouch) an attack move. Thanks to Samer & EdT for instructions.
-I recommend playing this with bigbadboss cheat.
-Loser was right. Those moves look much more ninja without particles.
-Konoko is using Muro's glow particle because she lacks her own.

Last edited by Delano762 (07/11/11 06:07)

#24 07/11/11 07:07

Samer
Website

haven't tried it yet but 1 initial note u should change the package number .. mukade's new animations pack is also 55000 that could cause problems ... try 56000 or 55500

#25 07/11/11 08:07

Delano762
Website

No problem
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20538495 … URBOSS.zip
Now Konoko is gonna go at Muro like: I AM UR BOSS
BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQqP1PQDzUM

So, what do you think?

Last edited by Delano762 (07/11/11 10:07)

Board footer