Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/28/11 09:06

Samer
Website

NEW CHARACTERS **Jester and Co.** Version 2.2 update on 22/05/2013

Adds new characters Mutant Jester, male jester minion, female jester minion aka Jessie, in addition to a mini and a giant mutant-jester
Mutant Jester is an annoying lunatic tongue yet fun to fight and play with big_smile He is inspired by the Jester character from Devil May Cry 3.

2011-07-01_071657.jpg
2012-10-29_205257.jpg
SNAG-0004.jpg

The minions and giant jester have some differences in move sets and abilities.
Giant Jester has more energy based attacks (heavy punch, heavy kick and forward punch)

Jester has custom made sounds made by Leus (taunts, super move sounds, hurt sounds, alert sounds)
Jessie has a custom made taunt, so check it out.

download : http://mods.oni2.net/node/183

Videos 
* A showcase video demonstrating all of Jester's and Co moves and combos version 2.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci44KaCq … e=youtu.be Version 2.2 uses an updated heavy kick for Minion, Jester Mini and Jessie which is shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpNzwdERwp0
* Hayate vs Jester, Casey vs Hayate, Jester vs Jubei & Akane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ugC6fV-6o

for Modders :
since i don't plan on making him a second look, he uses "ONCVany" so no need for the character variant fix & therefore don't give him a random costume flag or else any other character may spawn instead.

Last edited by Samer (06/07/13 21:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 06/28/11 11:06

Lukas Kreator

Re: NEW CHARACTERS **Jester and Co.** Version 2.2 update on 22/05/2013

Looks good, and will probabilly look even better with the feathers!

The spikes could be interesting. Maybe it adds a differential...

#3 06/28/11 11:06

kyletm57

Very nice work! The spikes would certainly be an interesting addition, but i'm not sure if it would be worth the extra work.

banner2440.jpg

#4 06/29/11 17:06

Yoriko

I think he would look fine without the spikes, is it possible for you to make him grotesquely thin and slender?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#5 07/01/11 00:07

Samer
Website

so i decided not to add the spikes and i couldn't make the feathers .. i worked on the boots and textures and neck more, and i finished selecting the moves and made him a custom heavy punch move. and he's turning out pretty well smile

now all is left are the sounds ... The Creature made some sounds before that were pretty good.
However, now i feel that they might not be particularly suitable for this character, they were funny and fun .. but i think jester needs more sinister yet crazy sounds ...

take a look here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlxY5PqX4mg
this is jester from devil may cry 3 which inspired me to make this character in the first place ... hear his voice and how he talks in the video .. this is kinda what i want for this character too ...

so anyone feeling up to it big_smile ? make some sounds for jester ? we need taunts, hurt sounds and super move sounds ...

I don't know if u're seeing this thecreature, i could use ur help,
Leus also said he wants to attempt the sounds and Gumby as i recall ... 
jester won't be released till i have the sounds tongue

so if u're interested tell me here to tell u exactly what i need. and then we'll get a sample and see how if it works smile

oxe i'm gonna use some of the sounds u uploaded for hurt and death sounds if u still have something similar please do share ^_^ ...

Last edited by Samer (07/01/11 01:07)

#6 07/01/11 09:07

Samer
Website

A video showing all of jester's moves : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GRLx8v5I0

the left and right cartwheels are by EdT

the sounds are temporary

Last edited by Samer (07/01/11 09:07)

#7 07/01/11 14:07

Lukas Kreator

I was sad you couldn't add the feathers, but then I saw the video and it's pretty good without them. The character, the moves and the taunt are funny. Also liked the boots a lot. I think it only lacks the voices now. The only other suggestion I can give you is improving a bit the hands in the side cartwheels, or maybe it cannot be done, I dunno.
Anyway, the character seems great by now.

Also, a bit off-topic, but what is the current progress on Hayate's sword?

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (07/01/11 14:07)

#8 07/01/11 14:07

Delano762
Website

0:35 Fat man, please! Theez eez getting awkward!

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#9 07/01/11 15:07

TOCS

Definitely looks interesting! It kinda reminds me of Voldo from the Soul Calibur series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voldo). This dude seems like a very flexible yet furious character.

#10 07/01/11 15:07

Yoriko

Delano@ You're not making any sense now.............If you ever do.

Samer@ Do you intend to have some fog in Jesters lair? I think purple would fit with his clothes smile

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#11 07/01/11 19:07

Samer
Website

@ Lukas thanks .. smile
hayate's sword .. no progress actually :\ all my time was spent on jester it takes more time than it might appear to, especially the TRBS and aligning textures on 2 different parts .. example to make that line continuous on the chest and mid took a while tongue
and i still have no idea how to add particles to the sword .. hoping that gumby would make a tutorial on that :\ doesn't seem he will though.

the cartsweel made by EdT, i don't have the dae .. and i don't think i can improve them any further than EdT already have.

@ Delano all i got was that u're talking abt the butt slam move tongue

@ TOCS yeah that was the intention ^_^

@ Yoriko yeah it would but that's a final touch tongue the hard part would be the textures ( i really hope u'd help oxe)
and scripting the battle (really hope anyone with script experience steps up big_smile) really .. or that project won't see the light. as i said before we do need more modders.

and if no one steps up to help with the sounds i'll use the sounds thecreature made .. i was hoping for a "BUTT SLAM" ... a "BOUNCING DOOM"  and an evil laugh sound ... "Flying annoyance" will have to do for the ball move then, and "super splasher" for the butt slam :\

#12 07/01/11 21:07

TheCreature

Hey.  I might have some sounds for you.  Now that I've got a few days off work I might be able to whip up some creepy-jester sounds for ya.

I realize they're all you've got right now, but please don't use my earlier 'joker' sounds.  They're meant for more of an... irritating childish figure, than the Jester you've created.  They just wouldn't fit.

Last edited by TheCreature (07/01/11 21:07)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#13 07/01/11 22:07

Samer
Website

yay big_smile I'm glad u're here thecreature smile yeah i agree they are more suitable for a more childish figure that's why i didn't use them yet i sent u an email to ask for ur help.

I hope u do .. i trust ur judgement smile

we need some hurt sounds :  ouch .. ayy .. not fair ... that hurt ( for light, medium and hurt sounds)
we need some death sounds : some sort of scream or I'll see u in hell or something tongue whatever u find suitable
we need taunts : an evil creepy laugh .. in devil may cry 3 he says "jester's gonna spank ur butt" tongue don't know if that would be ok and .. whatever other taunts u find suitable
we need super move sounds : "Bouncing doom" ... or "doom ball" ... or something like that u choose smile and "Butt slam" for the butt slam tongue
and  if possible ... 1 surprised sound ( u know when the AI notices u) the fury says ouh and comguy says hey
and something for when he can't spot u, fury says u can't hide from me and tanker says where did u go.

#14 07/01/11 22:07

Leus
Website

Shit, I would love to do some voices but looks like I'm too late.  Sorry I've been slackin.  If you still want me lemme know smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#15 07/01/11 22:07

Samer
Website

we can always have 2 versions and then vote for which suits best ... if u want to leus smile i'd love to see a sample from u.

#16 07/01/11 23:07

Leus
Website

Sweet I'll try and remember to do it soon!  I'll try and give a wide range of samples, some of what you want and some of my own random stuff haha.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#17 07/02/11 05:07

Delano762
Website

That "Fat man" is another quote from TF2. TF2 has been released as a free game couple of days ago, becoming the best Free to play (free to play, not pay for fun like Battlefield Heroes, because you can find all the items in game) title so far. I recommend it smile

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#18 07/02/11 15:07

Yoriko

Has it? Sweeeeet big_smile, I've played TF2 on xbox 360 and for some reason valve hasnt given the xbox version any updates, new stuff or anything since it's release. hmm

Ahem, to keep it on topic: I'd love to hear Leus and The Creatures meneacing laughs and taunts! Make some utterly humiliating ones like: Do you want a lollipop? Or: Oh did you get a boo boo? smile

Last edited by Yoriko (07/02/11 15:07)

#19 07/06/11 21:07

Samer
Website

SOUND ME UP PEOPLE ! i don't want this to become a forgotten project !

creature or Leus i'm waiting for u guys :\

#20 07/10/11 21:07

Samer
Website

seems the jester is gonna be mute tongue

#21 07/10/11 22:07

Iritscen

Then clearly you need to make him a mime big_smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#22 07/10/11 22:07

Samer
Website

hehe i'm really thinking of releasing him as is with comguy sounds ... but how about u iritscen tongue wanna give the sounds a try tongue ? i want to hear ur evil laugh big_smile

#23 07/11/11 04:07

Leus
Website

Damnit...  I've been waiting 'til I'm home by myself so I can make crazy sounds lol.  I think I MIGHT be in about half an hour, actually.  I don't wanna promise I'll do it, but I want to, so...  Hopefully I do.

#24 07/11/11 06:07

Leus
Website

Jester sounds:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3e2nw0em2i1a89i

Lemme know if you want anything different.  smile

#25 07/11/11 07:07

Samer
Website

yay these are really good Leus big_smile ... the butt slam is musical tongue loved them ^_^  .. but any chance u have the version without the echo ? there seems to be a little echo in there or noise (?) if not then that's ok these are really great as is big_smile ...

edit : mmm tongue 1 request if possible could the evil laugh be a bit more crazy ? and less macho tongue a bit more like this : http://www.the-ocean.com/cartoon/sounds/joker.wav but shorter . or like the beginning of this http://www.totallylivetrivia.com/sounds/LOL.wav

Last edited by Samer (07/11/11 09:07)

Board footer