Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/04/11 04:07

Samer
Website

Female BGI Boss pre-package-release discussion.

I tried to make her look as much as Dark Litria's sketch as possible, hope u like her so far.

2011-07-04_123704.jpg

I still have to work on the boots, and maybe add reflection for the little metallic parts, and then move on to the moves. If someone is feeling up to it a few custom animations for her would be nice smile smile i'll try to maker her some but I'm running out of ideas and I'm still not that skilled in making completely new animations

and I think she should have a name I'm feeling that Sarai suits her .. if it's ok with thecreature i'd like to use it for her, or if u like suggest other names.

this character was inspired by the joint story started by leus, mukade and I. we named her Samoko back then tongue

the head was first created by Lapis http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1160&p=2

Dark Litria made this sketch : http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z245 … boss-2.png

and EdT started the TRBS and made the head less complex http://edt.oni2.net/images/BGI_boss.jpg

& please give me feedback :\

Last edited by Samer (07/01/13 00:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 07/04/11 05:07

Delano762
Website

Re: Female BGI Boss pre-package-release discussion.

I think I would change the hair. Maybe even changing hair color would the trick. But, well, it is not necessary in any way. But anyway, DUDE, F****** AWESOME big_smile

Last edited by Delano762 (07/04/11 05:07)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#3 07/04/11 05:07

Lithium

Hmm I'm just not liking her color scheme D:

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#4 07/04/11 05:07

Samer
Website

it's the exact color scheme the dark litria used i extracted the same colors -_- and u loved it back then didn't you :\ ?

delano we can't change that hair shape anymore cause the head is high poly we had to make it less complex in order for the game to not crash, and the color we agreed she'd be a blond before ^_^ and thanks big_smile

#5 07/04/11 07:07

Leus
Website

Lol, I feel like her cleavage-revealing-shirt-opening-circle-thing looks weird.  But maybe it just always will, considering how weird of an feature that is to clothing in general.

Other than that looks pretty sweet.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#6 07/04/11 07:07

TOCS

Nice work! But she really seems a little too thin. Like someone with anorexia or alike. tongue Despite that, it's awesome!

#7 07/04/11 09:07

Dirk Gently
Website

hair needs some work.

#8 07/04/11 09:07

EdT
Website

I think the cleavage is too high.  Also, if you want, you can adjust the shape and flow of the hair without adding more polygons.

#9 07/04/11 10:07

Iritscen

TOCS wrote:

But she really seems a little too thin.

EdT wrote:

I think the cleavage is too high.

Looks to me like she has a corset on and it's pushing up her cleavage ^_^

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#10 07/04/11 10:07

Dirk Gently
Website

the waist should be wider, and the back should be more fleshed out.

#11 07/04/11 10:07

Yoriko

Bloody brilliant! Are you sure you cannot change the hair to make it more like Litria's picture though? (Not the colour)
I agree with the others that she looks a bit too thin.
About her moveset I think she'd fit as a mixture of fury and generic female with comguy particle trails.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#12 07/04/11 13:07

Samer
Website

1-mmmm i'll lower the circle a bit maybe although if u look at dark litria's sketch there's not a lot of distance between the circle and the neck :\ http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z245 … boss-2.png

2- i don't see the thin thing :\ she's wearing tight fitting clothes. but ok i'll enlarge the width of the lower part mid pelvis and thighs and shoulder biceps, though i think that would end up looking weird. i can't enlarge the mid without enlarging the pelvis cz then the mid would overlap the pelvis and textures will look broken, tried it before.
I had to resize the mid part from the trbs u gave me EDT cz when it came to texturing it it wasn't fitting the pelvis well. maybe the head is too big for the body :\ cz the upper parts are from konoko cop outfit and i didn't resize them. and maybe it's cz we're not used to seeing characters in oni wearing dresses or tigth fitting clothes,  but anyway will give it a shot.

3- that's all i can do with the hair with what i have, i did do modifications from what u gave me EdT maybe not appearing in the screenshot but some edges needed to be welded together cz there was space showing, and i moved the hair off her eye a bit. + i added that texture to give it a flowing property. i don't know what else to do with it.

@ dirk waist and back are a little vague for me .. u mean mid or pelvis ? in the oni anatomy language tongue

Last edited by Samer (07/04/11 13:07)

#13 07/04/11 13:07

Dirk Gently
Website

look at the drawing again, then look at the model. the hips to waist ratio is totally off.

#14 07/04/11 13:07

Mukade

I see what you mean about the waist. It's actually more the stomach area that's small, widening that would go a long way to improving the look

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#15 07/04/11 13:07

Samer
Website

again use oni anatomy :\ there's no hips and stomach. mid pelvis or thighs ? what's exactly the thin part ? just the mid ? or the thighs too ? do u think the arms are thin ? or if re-size the mid (area between chest and pelvis) that would fix it ? i do partly agree but as i said there was a reason for making the mid thinner, the pelvis from lara croft doesn't flow well with the mid of the fury, they overlapped that's why i had to resize it to fit inside it big_smile, it would make more sense if u saw it in xsi,
so i'll resize the mid shall i resize the thighs and biceps too ?

#16 07/04/11 14:07

Mukade

Arms look fine, if anything, they look a bit big, so if you were to do anything, make em smaller. And yeah, try and make the mid bigger if at all possible without making it overlap the pelvis

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#17 07/04/11 15:07

Yoriko

Nah dont touch the arms, they're perfect. The sleves of her coat/dress/jacket is quite a bit wider than her arms if you look at the end of them. And by mid we mean the area above the pelvis and below the chest. Only make it a bit bigger though so you can still see that her pelvis is wider than her mid.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#18 07/04/11 15:07

Lukas Kreator

I like her like she is now, but I think there is something weird in her face, maybe the lips, dunno...

And I'd suggest you to change the texture of the hair, but you have already done that.

#19 07/04/11 16:07

Samer
Website

The sleves of her coat/dress/jacket is quite a bit wider than her arms if you look at the end of them.

that was intentional smile i modified the trbs that way to resemble the sketch more

so mid it is then ^_^ and lower the circle on chest

btw the lips don't work for me either i was thinking of reversing the colors right now she has light color on the lips and dark small part was thinking of making darker colored lips and light small part.

Last edited by Samer (07/04/11 17:07)

#20 07/04/11 18:07

Samer
Website

Better ?
oni%2525202011-07-05%25252002-12-04-698_cr.jpgoni%2525202011-07-05%25252002-23-04-338.jpgoni%2525202011-07-05%25252002-23-34-562.jpg

I enlarged the mid, lowered the cleavage circle, and made the lips a different color

btw the image may look a bit blurry :\ that's cz of my screenshot program not the actual model

Last edited by Samer (07/04/11 18:07)

#21 07/04/11 18:07

Mukade

Ohhhhh there ya go, that looks much better smile

#22 07/04/11 19:07

Yoriko

"Have a gander at this little beauty"

#23 07/05/11 04:07

Delano762
Website

It seems I am not the only brainwashed TF2 fan.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#24 07/05/11 05:07

TOCS

Definitely looks a lot better. Good job. smile

#25 07/05/11 07:07

Samer
Website

I have several questions :

this is the original head by lapis : SNAG-0126.jpg
it has 1450 triangles and as u can see the u.v mapping is very complex, simple modeling to decrease the poly count would change the u.v positions and make texturing very difficult

i was wondering how did u successfully import it before EdT ? here : http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=1160&p=4 comgirl.jpg it causes a weird buffer overflow when i try the original head where textures become distorted all over the screen

if i were to manage decreasing the ploy count what's the limit ? the goal number of the polygons ?

this is the current head modified by EdT and then me a bit SNAG-0128.jpg
it has 1038 triangles, texturing it also isn't easy, cz when the polygons changed the u.v maps aren't fitting them exactly

and for the time being does this hair texture look better ? SNAG-0130.jpg
in game oni%2525202011-07-05%25252015-24-52-999_cr.jpg

Board footer