Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/27/11 13:06

AluminumHaste

AE destroys my Oni install everytime

Just installed Oni, ran the AE installer that I just updated to latest version. After picking some choice mods in the list on the left, I click "Install" and after a few seconds a message shows up in the bottom of the window showing Access is denied. I'm running all these programs with elevated privileges. After this fail of a program is finished the Oni folder is only like 167 MB and is missing all it's contents and there's nothing in the backup directory.
Is anyone else having this issue?

System:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Core2Quad Q9000
6 GB DDR3
1.2 TB RAID0

#2 06/27/11 16:06

TOCS

Re: AE destroys my Oni install everytime

Obviously your globalization failed. The reason why you're left with that small amount of data, is due to the extract being done when "creating" the new game (AE). I don't know why this would happen though. tongue

#3 06/28/11 17:06

AluminumHaste

Okay got it working on my USB key, so now I can take Oni AE everywhere I go smile Levels load really fast and the game itself starts up almost instantly. Wow it looks great with the texture packs installed and the blood mod smile

#4 07/02/11 17:07

Phydur

well it sound like you got around your problem, but i'd suggest checkign to see if the oni folder is read-only for some reason. that may be the cause.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

Board footer