Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/15/07 16:10

EdT
Website

Oni Group on YouTube

For those interested, we have a group on YouTube that features some of the hacks, scripts and other fun stuff we have playing Oni.
http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=onitoo

If you want to join in the fun, make a video and add it to the group.

For PC users, you can use Fraps http://fraps.com/ or Taksi http://taksi.sourceforge.net/
Mac Users, there is iShowU http://www.shinywhitebox.com/home/home.html

There is also the Jing Project http://www.jingproject.com/

#2 12/01/07 14:12

s10k
Website

Re: Oni Group on YouTube

Is a nice group, I want to see more of your videos there. smile

#3 12/07/07 16:12

EdT
Website

Loser posted an awesome video demonstrating Oni's AI at the Oni Group.

#4 12/07/07 18:12

m2

Loser posted an awesome video demonstrating Oni's AI at the Oni Group.

Unbelievable vid. How does Konoko know which console she has to use? Is the order scripted or somewhere stored?

#5 12/07/07 18:12

geyser
Website

How does Konoko know which console she has to use? Is the order scripted or somewhere stored?

Loser usually doesn't detail the ingredients of his vids, which is a major shame.
My guess is that the objectives are set by a sequence of ai2_setjobstate calls.
In this example, the idle jobs are apparently reduced to ai2_doalarm tasks.
Binary hacks enable Konoko to fight back before resuming the console runs.
(they're not hacks, technically; just parameters that are never used in Oni)
The rest is not so important, and merely gives Konoko better survival skills.
Since she can't use powerups, she has to take very little damage in combat.
This is ensured by an upgraded melee profile, with fewer pauses and such.
I have only watched this thing once, so maybe I didn't notice something...
Anyway, either I'm missing a point or this statement is quite misleading:

this whole thing you can see is triggered by simple command - you tell AI Konoko that near the end of the level is enemy, and she goes through level, triggering consoles, until she reaches target enemy. If this enemy is far enough from the final console, she will use the final console, too (you can see it in my video).

As far as I know, Konoko won't use consoles to unlock doors unless you explicitly tell her to.
Thus an enemy target as the only objective sounds insufficient to explain Konoko's behavior.
Maybe it is possible, but either way Loser has "forgotten" to say something important here...
In my scheme of things, the first command would be to go the first console downstairs.
When activated, the console would tell Konoko to "do" the next, and so on, to the end.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 12/08/07 08:12

Loser

OK, OK, sorry guys (esp geyser) but this was meant as a trailer for those who are not familiar with ONI. Thus some in-depth explanations are unnecesary, this was planned to shock viewers and make them search for info about ONI and possibly becoming members of this site.

Loser usually doesn't detail the ingredients of his vids, which is a major shame.

Also, I wanted it to "hide" from geyser for long enough to cover the fact that I had a bit of spare time, but instead of compiling new CMBT/MELE files, I just spent my time working on this piece of....display of great Bungie programming ^_^. So, big apologies to geyser, and now I am polishing(completely rewriting) Brutal Konoko MELE profile. She will be tough opponent, not undefeatable but you will certainly not lariat-festival her to death.

About that video:
I haven't said anything about that feature here on the forum, but I did on a wiki quite a time ago (it is also documented there). Here is how it works:
Key consoles, which is Konoko supposed to use, are marked with "Alarm console flag". It is described  HERE on the WIKI, console options, 0x40 bit (IMO these are console flags, not options).
Next part of my talking is connected with CMBT file (search it on Wiki):
When alarm logic is tripped by
*run for alarm* (0b) behavior, *run to alarm* if no gun possibility or maybe *Find alarm* pm_pursue_action,
engine checks ïf there is some console with 0x40 flag in "Alarm search distance" area. If there isn't any (and in original ONI there IS NOT any X_X ) this whole thing isn't working. So it looks like it is all defunct except of "ai2_doalarm" script command (but there YOU tell AI WHICH console it should trigger).
But if you set 0x40 to some consoles, engine picks the closest reachable one and tells AI to "ai2_doalarm" that console. So it works automatically as we modders like it to work ^_^.

That is all. In my little vid, I have set 0x40 flag for key consoles of the level (and we all know you have to trigger them in some order due to locked doors). Then I modded(extended) "Alarm search distance" of Konoko's CMBT profile. There I also set "Run to alarm" if no gun event.
In scripts, I called "ai2_spawnall" command (AI Konoko cannot trigger some trigger volumes) and then "ai2_makeaware konoko WH_Striker_C". That is the striker near the final console. Konoko, unarmed but knowning there is an enemy, advanced from one 0x40 flagged console to another until she reached her goal. All.
                                                                                                                                                           Loser

P.S.: Something for geyser (or maybe Neo): Would you please find in the exe allowed number of repath attempts (used when pathfinding is active and AI touches some obstacle while running) and somehow nullify it or set to a very high number??? Currently it is set to five and when AI gots stucked in some door, all five attempts are incredibly quickly used and AI abandons its goal, which is pretty annoying. Thanks.

Last edited by Loser (12/08/07 08:12)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#7 12/09/07 17:12

geyser
Website

Aha. I see. She just goes for consoles whenever she has nothing better to do... Not universal, but interesting.
Actually, you didn't even have to provide the bearing on the enemy (BTW, how come she never forgot him?)
You could have just flagged every non-text console as "alarm", and she'd just trigger them all, eventually smile
I'm not sure I understood what happened to her weapon shortly before the end of the level: out of ammo?
Oh, and about her not triggering the TVs: you can set all TVs to be triggered by any char; it's just tedious.

About the number of retries for pathfinding: sounds like a crucial improvement indeed. "Thanks for asking" smile
Seriously, we'll see what we can do, but please try and contribute some of those kick-ass AI for the Edition...

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 12/09/07 22:12

Gumby

What codec do you Taksi useres use?

Having 100 MB for a 5 minute LQ vid isnt appealing

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 12/12/07 16:12

Tracker

I use Taksi with the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V1 (or V2, if V1 is not installed).
In "Oni - Options" I choose a resolution of 640 x 320 x 32 bit and in Taksi I use a target frame rate of 25 fps and record the movie with "Half Size Video Frame".
The result is an AVI-File with a resolution of 320 x 240.
The quality is not very good, but good enough for YouTube.:)

Last edited by Tracker (12/12/07 16:12)

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#10 11/24/10 08:11

paradox-01

According to Youtube all groups including our onitoo group will be removed at 1. December.
More Information given here:
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b … 535&&hl=en

If you want to save something or .. dunno, you have one week left. (Vids won't be deleted.)
Anyway, I don't think we have a reason to panic, we will simply make a new group when they released their new "product".

Last edited by paradox-01 (11/24/10 08:11)

Board footer