Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/20/11 18:06

Lukas Kreator

Small Screen

Well, I started Oni and saw a small screen, and then I tried making it fullscreen. However, it was still small but with a black border around it. I tried changing the options, but only the window size changed, not the actual game screen. I'm sure there is a very simple solution for this...

EDIT: Tried changing my actual computer's screen size/resolution (using the "Run this program at 640x480 pixels" option), the same thing happened.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (06/20/11 18:06)

#2 06/20/11 18:06

Yoriko

Re: Small Screen

Try changing the in game resolution, see if that helps.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#3 06/20/11 18:06

Lukas Kreator

Yeah, only the window size changes. The game area is still the same size.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, only the menu is small, the game is at the correct resolution. Anyway, is this common?

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (06/20/11 18:06)

#4 06/20/11 18:06

Dirk Gently
Website

Yep, the vanilla main menu is extremely small compared to the HD screens you can use in AE.

#5 06/20/11 18:06

Lukas Kreator

One more thing: I cannot see the menu bar anymore. Even windowed, the window is bigger than the screen. If I try to change the resolution in-game, it says I need to restart Oni.

#6 06/20/11 18:06

Dirk Gently
Website

reinstall?

#7 06/20/11 19:06

Lukas Kreator

hmm

I can live with it...

#8 06/20/11 19:06

Iritscen

Why can't you just restart Oni, when you change the resolution setting?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 06/20/11 19:06

Lukas Kreator

The problem is: if I set it at the correct size, I can't see the menu. Otherwise, the screen is small. I cannot change the resolution after using the menu. In the end, I have to use "thedayismine" and it (sometimes) glitches my camera. By the way, is that uncommon? :3

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (06/20/11 19:06)

#10 06/20/11 20:06

Iritscen

That's... weird.  Screenshots?  It's hard to picture what's happening.

#11 06/20/11 21:06

Lukas Kreator

I'll post something tomorrow. Anyway, a little description of the glitch is: I type "thedayismine", I exit the 'menu', my camera starts going into a random direction slowly (usually left), in a line trajectory. The speed slowly accelerates and then, after 3 seconds or so, I begin seeing the entire level, and then I can see no more. I have to reload the level to fix it.

#12 06/20/11 21:06

Iritscen

Oh, that camera bug is a known issue.  Gumby or another Windows user might be able to tell you how to avoid it.  I'm more curious about your resolution issue.

#13 06/21/11 01:06

Yoriko

About that bug, use the button that generates ¨ to spawn were the camera is at, do it before you're camera goes out of the map though or you'll be facing a long fall followed by death.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#14 06/21/11 05:06

Samer
Website

or after u use the dayismine ( u can just type x instead) .. don't exit the dairy screen using Esc .. instead repress F1

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#15 06/21/11 11:06

Lukas Kreator

Oh, thanks, samer XD

Yoriko: I'm not sure if that is possible. The key wich generates ¨ needs to have Shift pressed too, but I'll try that.

I'll report soon with screenshots and results...

#16 06/21/11 14:06

Yoriko

Nope, by holding shift and pressing that button generates a ^

#17 06/21/11 14:06

Iritscen

Not sure what keyboard Lukas is using, but an English QWERTY keyboard has the tilde as the character above the '`'.  In other words, Shift+` is a ~.

#18 06/21/11 14:06

Yoriko

Well that button for me can generate a "¨" (normal) "^" (shift) "~" (shift+)

#19 06/21/11 15:06

Dirk Gently
Website

The key above "tab" on a standard english qwerty keyboard is a grave accent, the tilde is made from toggling shift plus the grave accent.

#20 06/21/11 16:06

Iritscen

Yoriko wrote:

Well that button for me can generate a "¨" (normal) "^" (shift) "~" (shift+)

What the heck is a Shift+?

#21 06/21/11 16:06

Lukas Kreator

I'm using a Brazilian keyboard. ¨ is the same key as 6, but I have to hold down shift.

#22 06/21/11 17:06

Iritscen

Somewhere along the line, this conversation got incredibly confusing.  Did we actually solve any problems yet?

#23 06/21/11 17:06

Yoriko

Nope, let's top right now then :S
Clearly our keyboards are quite different.

Board footer