Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 06/09/11 19:06

niftymuffins

Re: Please help, Windows 7 can't run oni. TRIED EVERTYTHING!

Iritscen wrote:

Oh, I see.  The Windows CD seems to have all the files packed into an installer archive, not like the Mac CD.  Well, I was wondering if you could post what the Oni folder on your HD looks like when you open it up.  There's an Oni.exe app... a read-me?... and what else?

All else that there is, is a link to the site and an uninstaller. sad

#27 06/09/11 19:06

niftymuffins

Lukas Kreator wrote:

EDIT: Try this:

- Right click any of the files in the folder in your screenshot -> look for the text wich says "target" and copy that text from the box and paste it here. That way we will know where it points to.

Which screenshot? The first or the second?

#28 06/09/11 19:06

Iritscen

Sorry, I was confused.  I didn't realize that you were showing us what was on your hard drive with that first screenshot (the Windows 7 Explorer is weird neutral).  Lukas is referring to the screenshot of your hard drive -- those four shortcuts must be hiding the real Oni installation and the GDF from us, so he wants to find out where they are hiding.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#29 06/09/11 20:06

Lukas Kreator

Exactly, Iritscen. Do you have any idea on where they might be? Also, you said you wanted to talk to me, you can do it now, if you want. Messenger?

EDIT: Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow, maybe. Bye.

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (06/09/11 20:06)

#30 06/09/11 20:06

Iritscen

Sorry, can't chat tonight.  I was already fatigued today, and the other thread used up my last energy.  Going to bed; be good while I'm gone, guys.

#31 06/09/11 21:06

niftymuffins

Sorry, I don't know what they are hiding.. but if I can't even get normal oni to run then how will installing the anniversary edition fix the problem? (According to Gumby)

#32 06/10/11 07:06

Iritscen

Well, we haven't seen your actual installation yet, so we have no idea what it looks like.  Right now you couldn't even install the Edition if you wanted to because you haven't found the real Oni folder on C:\ yet.  Please follow Lukas' directions on right-clicking one of the four icons in that screenshot and seeing what its Target is.

#33 06/10/11 09:06

Lukas Kreator

I just rechecked and I'll try to explain it better:

- Right-click any of the files in the first screenshot, and click on "Properties";
- There, click on the tab wich says "Shortcut" (unless the tab is already selected/active);
- Then, you will see some white boxes with text, and a "label" at their left. You have to tell us what is written in the box with label "Target". That way, we will find where are the real files.

If you can, try also to go to that "secret" folder and take a screenshot of it's files. If you can't, no problem, just paste the text here and we will try to explain how to see the hidden files.

Click here to see an image of the Shortcut tab, so you can identify it

#34 06/11/11 14:06

niftymuffins

I'm sorry, but There is no shortcut tab in properties sad Is there something else that I can do?

#35 06/11/11 15:06

Iritscen

Hmm, that would indicate that you didn't right-click on a shortcut, but it appeared that all four icons were shortcuts, because they had the little arrows on them... this is peculiar.  Another way to find Oni would be to search for "Oni.exe".  I'm not sure, but I think you can just type that into the Search box in the Start menu.

#36 06/11/11 22:06

Phydur

ok im going to try and help.
from the first picture, the one with the shortcut icons right click on that one and do the open file location.
i think the file location should just be C:program files/Oni so check for that.
lemme know if you find that.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#37 06/13/11 16:06

niftymuffins

it is just in my games folder for the location sad and I just noticed I have a new debugger problem:

### warning: particle class 'w3_phr_e01' emitter 5 can't find emitted particle 'w3_phr_p08'

### warning: particle class 'pstream_shooter' emitter 2 can't find emitted particle 'w_pstream_shot2'

### warning: particle class 'flame2_e' emitter 2 can't find emitted particle 'test_smoke'

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud02_p01' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud02_p02' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud01_p01b' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud01_p01a' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'env_cloud01_p01' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

### warning: particle class 'm_block' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle 'm_p01'

### warning: particle class 'muroglow_e01' emitter 2 can't find emitted particle 'muroglow_p02'

### warning: particle class 'phase_shot' emitter 1 can't find emitted particle ''

#38 06/13/11 17:06

Iritscen

That's actually normal, we all get those messages.  So I guess Oni is running now!

Board footer