Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/19/11 08:05

xxsniperx

TCTF troops attacking civilians, why?

Some levels TCTF troops attacking civilians.Is this normal?

#2 05/19/11 08:05

Yoriko

Re: TCTF troops attacking civilians, why?

It is a bug that has always been in the game, something the developers didnt notice would be my guess, does it happen on tctf headquarters or somewhere else?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#3 05/19/11 08:05

Delano762
Website

It happens in Atmospheric Conversion Center Interior, last checkpoint. Nah, I don't think this is a bug.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#4 05/19/11 09:05

TOCS

It happens in any situation where the TCTF is close to civilians. As far as I know, this was stated an official bug a few years ago. I've only seen it in level 6 though.

#5 05/19/11 11:05

Dirk Gently
Website

how come they don't attack the secretary.

#6 05/20/11 09:05

xxsniperx

Dirk Gently wrote:

how come they don't attack the secretary.

who is secretary?

#7 05/20/11 10:05

TOCS

The women sitting behind the desk at the opening cutscene of level 2.

#8 05/20/11 10:05

TheCreature

They don't, but I usually do.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#9 05/20/11 11:05

xxsniperx

I say some levels. Dirk Gently have misunderstood me.

#10 05/20/11 13:05

Dirk Gently
Website

No, not misunderstood, I am just pointing out there there seems to be a way to make them not attack civilians. Same with the civilians in the Records building. Figure out why they don't get attacked on sight, make a mod to prevent all civilians being attacked on site. It would be very helpful.

#11 05/20/11 14:05

paradox-01

Reminds me to OTA .. Civilians .. WHO CARES .. msn_red_fox_smilies-03.gif
For those who want information: here you go.

#12 05/20/11 16:05

Lithium

Greedy Jack has died

Who cares?

...Well I do :'(

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#13 05/20/11 17:05

xxsniperx

Who says that my care? I'm just wondering.Is due to a bug or normal?

#14 05/20/11 17:05

Iritscen

I think it's already been stated twice — TCTF should not attack civilians, it's just something that happens sometimes.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#15 05/21/11 17:05

xxsniperx

that's my upload. Watch and see

http://www.izlesene.com/video/onierror/3473383

#16 05/22/11 09:05

Yoriko

That I'm familiar with, there are two strikers that appear close to that civilian and if your allies are comming with you I think they brand that civilian as an enemy aswell.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#17 05/25/11 20:05

SektorZ
Website

We all attack the secretary. Anyways,

this ain't no bug, the AI's have scripted teams. The AI's who have the ability to fight will always fight AI's from other teams.

For all I remember the teams were - TCTF, Syndicate, Neutral, and Rogue Konoko (and I'm 100% wrong but you get it, I counting on memories from 8-9 years ago here).

In the levels where the troops attack civilians there's a simple and reasonable explanation: the troops are scripted as team TCTF, while the civilians are scripted as team Syndicate.

Get it? Those are Syndicate workers. Makes sense now?

#18 05/26/11 10:05

Iritscen

Well, geyser claimed (at the wiki link paradox gives above) that the civilians *are* Neutral, but the AI system mistakenly identifies them as enemies.  I'm not going to take the time to check the data myself, but it's generally unwise to contradict geyser, because he always does his homework smile

#19 05/26/11 11:05

Lithium

Geyser is God Tier

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#20 05/28/11 10:05

SektorZ
Website

Since we're talking about the AI system, I always wanted to point out that the AI in Oni is really great, and probably the best there was back in the time, the AI's have a "sound system", "vision" and so on, that were very well done, they didn't always react great but those things were still impressive. And the ONI AI system has always been underrated for some reason, IMO. But I think it was pretty great. Would suck if this is infact a bug but I HIGHLY doubt it. And obviously we're not sure yet, so I stick with what I said before. Even if the civilians were "neutral" there's probably a better reason that they get attacked, Bungie probably knew that but we all know they went really sloppy with Oni, so who knows...

#21 05/28/11 15:05

Iritscen

I agree that Oni's AI is impressive -- even more so once gunfire dodging is enabled.  But Loser et al. have documented quite a few glitches in the AI, which, after all, had to be rewritten halfway through development.  So don't be too surprised at odd bugs like this.

#22 05/28/11 17:05

Yoriko

I gotta say that when I first faced a ninja I was mesmerized seeing how fluently they move, they move from side to side a bit, then they run at you and use a slide following it up with a scorp kick (avengers and eliminators only) and they also seem to be the only ones effectively using jump kicks. (striker hoplites are too predictable IMO) I also love fighting furies since they have the best blocking skills. smile

Does anyone know what enemy has the best melee ai in the game? (not including bosses)

#23 05/28/11 19:05

Gumby

In the hands of a human: Furies are damn good (even if you remove their infinite combo) because all of their moves flow together and combo well. Tankers are pretty good too, many unblockable\powerful attacks.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#24 05/28/11 19:05

Samer
Website

which levels ? are we talking .. just convert the BINACJBOCharacter and see the teams of them then we'll know if it's a bug or not.
from my experience that only happens if : i hit a civilian, then the tctfs on my team will attack them too.
if by accident the syndicate and civilian were standing close to each other and the tctf while meaning to hit the syndicate hit the civilian, then he'll continue to attack them afterwords.
never saw it happen another way.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#25 05/29/11 04:05

Yoriko

Gumby wrote:

In the hands of a human: Furies are damn good (even if you remove their infinite combo) because all of their moves flow together and combo well. Tankers are pretty good too, many unblockable\powerful attacks.

Furies can use an infinite combo? yikes Are you sure you arent thinkin about ninjas? Also if I'm not misstaken I believe furies are invulnerable for a brief moment when executing their punch combo in vanilla oni.

I agree about the tankers, I especially like using their running side tackle wink [Hold D or A then kick]

Last edited by Yoriko (05/29/11 04:05)

Board footer