Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/14/11 13:05

Iritscen

Bungie is up to something

Just the latest rumors of rumors from the big B: http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/12/bungi … e-crimson/

A number of people are hoping that Bungie will be making a game that plays across different platforms including the iOS.  I guessed "MMO action game" a long time ago, and it sounds like that's where things are headed, but I wonder if it's something that you'll be able to play on an iPad, or if that will just be a tie-in product to the main game.  Also, I don't think we even know which consoles and PC OSes it will be for.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#2 05/14/11 14:05

TOCS

Re: Bungie is up to something

The rumors of a MMO by Bungie has been around for quite some time now. I never really heard anything about it, until now.

I'd never imagine a company like that to create anything close to an MMO. They probably need something new, now that the Halo franchise is more or less done.

Last edited by TOCS (05/14/11 23:05)

#3 05/14/11 15:05

Iritscen

Well, it's done for them.  Halo games will be made by other studios now.  But yeah, the MMO rumors were around a while ago.  Then recently there've been hints that it would be an action game (and this is Bungie we're talking about, after all; action is pretty much their bread and butter).

#4 05/14/11 16:05

Yoriko

Excuse me but what is MMO an abbrievation for?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#5 05/14/11 16:05

Delano762
Website

Massively Multiplayer Online. It's a video game genre, where a crapload of people are playing online. World of Warcraft for example.

Last edited by Delano762 (05/14/11 16:05)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#6 05/14/11 17:05

Iritscen

Although I've never been interested in the standard Dungeons & Dragons-type MMOs, if Bungie makes an MMO, I will definitely be paying attention.  I would assume they're going for at least a modern setting, if not a sci-fi setting.  The fact that they started an Aerospace company is proof of that.

#7 05/14/11 17:05

Yoriko

What kind of games was bungie making before they made Oni?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#8 05/14/11 18:05

Gumby

Marathon, an FPS. Myth, an RTS. And Gnop. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 05/14/11 18:05

Iritscen

And a multiplayer online RPG and an action RPG, in 1992 and 1993 wink

#10 05/14/11 23:05

TOCS

It would definitely be cool if they released something like a MMOFPS. And I'm sure we'll stay in some sci-themed world, like their other games. ^_^

#11 05/28/11 11:05

Stevinlewis

lol. Now thats cool, prob some apocalyptic setting where there are zombies and you have to kill them to level up :OO. Thatll be so cool ^^

#12 07/02/11 02:07

Mukade

I've ALWAYS wanted a realistic zombie apocalypse MMO. Where you're a survivor, and you have to survive, and you can raid other peoples bases for supplies, and stuff. But, I doubt that's where it's headed sad

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#13 01/07/12 13:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 11:01)

#14 01/07/12 16:01

Striker

Mukade wrote:

I've ALWAYS wanted a realistic zombie apocalypse MMO. Where you're a survivor, and you have to survive, and you can raid other peoples bases for supplies, and stuff. But, I doubt that's where it's headed sad

Well since the topic has been brought back from the dead...
Try "Project Zomboid". It's a semi-realistic zombie RPG in 2.5D. Although it's in its developing stages, it's still a pretty damn fun game.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

Board footer