Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 04/18/11 13:04

Leus
Website

Re: Mukade

Actually all that would be very doable, even without extra dialogue.  The only problem is there's no "did kill mukade" switch, which would mean that there'd be no way to have the final battle outcome have so many different options based on actions in earlier levels.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#52 04/18/11 19:04

GlenP

Gumby wrote:

Mukade, if you have JKA, you must play MBII, I code for it. smile

looks pretty cool, does MBII work with JKA on the Mac?

#53 04/18/11 20:04

Lithium

M dead, G dead = M Muro
M dead, G alive = Normal Team Fight
M Alive, G dead = Mukade Ally, M Muro
M Alive, G alive = Good ending
4 boss fights...

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#54 04/19/11 14:04

Yoriko

Well for the "dont kill mukade part" I was thinking Konoko could still say: No, I have nothing in common with him!
But instead of snapping his neck, walk up to him, do the "pick up stuff" animation and then face towards the elevator and walk away.

If there is no "did kill Mukade switch" perhaps you could create one ^^

For the M dead and G dead you'll be facing mutant muro while you are imago evil and if you've only killed Griffin you would fight mutant Muro and be slightly mutated yourself, and you would have Mukade in the building hacking into consoles and opening doors for you.

Last edited by Yoriko (04/25/11 11:04)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#55 05/03/11 11:05

Yoriko

Double post of doom!

I've always wondered what the pointy things on the back of Mukades armour is, a version of the blue and red ninjas have them aswell.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#56 05/03/11 15:05

Iritscen

All I know is, don't fall on them.

Comic_Page_04.jpg

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#57 05/03/11 16:05

Yoriko

Ah explosives, handy for creating a path into a building ^^

#58 05/03/11 16:05

Lithium

I don't know I see them as the legs the Mukades have

#59 05/03/11 16:05

Yoriko

Where are those pictures from? Looks like a cartoon. Gimme link nao! In pm ofc.

#60 05/03/11 16:05

Gumby

It's from the Oni comic. It's somewhere on the wiki. If ninjas are actually cyborgs, those might be power supplies or something.

Edit: "combination fuel cells and gyros" <-from a reliable source

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#61 05/03/11 17:05

Lithium

Well that loophole makes them a horrible enemy

#62 05/03/11 17:05

Iritscen

I mainly linked to that as a joke.  Since it's only in the comic, we don't need to consider it canonical.  Just because they have fuel/energy in them doesn't mean they have to blow up at the slightest provocation.  Or maybe that guy just wasn't performing regular maintenance on his rods.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#63 05/03/11 18:05

Yoriko

oxe161 wrote:

Every time you knock down a ninja he goes boom. Yeah wouldnt make them the challenging enemy as they are now would it ;P

As for Mukade, his spikes look a bit........natural.

#64 05/03/11 18:05

Gumby

Yoriko wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

Every time you knock down a ninja he goes boom. Yeah wouldnt make them the challenging enemy as they are now would it ;P

As for Mukade, his spikes look a bit........natural.

Now I have the urge to make ninjas explode when they are knocked backwards...I could totally do it, too. :X

#65 05/03/11 18:05

Lithium

Do it bro :V

#66 05/03/11 18:05

Samer
Website

when they are knocked backwards :\ ? that would make them very short lived.
1 triple punch haymaker = knockbackwards .. explosion -> they die.
better if they explode when they die like mad bomber and shinibot, that would only need adding the mad bomber death particle in the oncc. i'm not too crazy abt the idea though tongue we don't know if they are cyborgs or not.
i always saw the spikes as just part of the armor nothing special ...they improve the aerodynamics of it or something tongue

Last edited by Samer (05/03/11 18:05)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#67 05/03/11 18:05

Lithium

Every enemy should explode

#68 05/03/11 19:05

Gumby

Samer wrote:

when they are knocked backwards :\ ? that would make them very short lived.
1 triple punch haymaker = knockbackwards .. explosion -> they die.

Yup. That means you have to choose your moves carefully. wink

better if they explode when they die like mad bomber and shinibot, that would only need adding the mad bomber death particle in the oncc. i'm not too crazy abt the idea though tongue we don't know if they are cyborgs or not.
i always saw the spikes as just part of the armor nothing special ...they improve the aerodynamics of it or something tongue

I have it on good authority that at the very least the normal ninjas are at least part mechanical. smile I wouldn't regard the accidental explodiness as canon though.

#69 05/03/11 19:05

Yoriko

Where did this idea come from anyway? What indicates that ninjas are cyborgs? All I see when looking at them is a highly athletic guy wearing light metal armour and a gas mask, (possibly to get in to areas outside the atmospheric proccessors) they speak through vocoders and they can moonwalk. ^^

#70 05/03/11 19:05

Leus
Website

Dude Gumby I actually think that's an awesome idea.  They wouldn't die and give a countdown timer like the bombers, they'd just instantly explode as soon as they land on their back.  Like you said, you'd have to be really careful about how you fight them.  You should totally do this, either to ninjas or some other character 'cause ninjas are already pretty badass.  But either way, I think it's a sexy sounding mod.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#71 05/03/11 19:05

Yoriko

Got it! Tankers with a Siox destruct mechanism!

#72 05/04/11 02:05

Gumby

Yoriko wrote:

Where did this idea come from anyway? What indicates that ninjas are cyborgs? All I see when looking at them is a highly athletic guy wearing light metal armour and a gas mask, (possibly to get in to areas outside the atmospheric proccessors) they speak through vocoders and they can moonwalk. ^^

Word of God and general shape, I suppose.

#73 05/04/11 07:05

Delano762
Website

Ninjas in Oni ain't cyborgs, look at their necks. At least I think so.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#74 05/04/11 10:05

TheCreature

I'd always assumed they were human as well.  With the spikes containing neural enhancers or something.  The exploding tankers sounds good though.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#75 10/17/11 18:10

RuthgerMiles

11_39_05 Konoko: There is something familiar about him...I can't quite place it.

You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

Board footer