Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/19/11 22:04

Lithium

Parts you got stuck at (and I mean stuck at for a long time)

Well it's kinda dead here...anyways what parts gave you a really hard time? I don't mean just got stuck on it for like an hour I mean a whole day or week.

Me Rooftops...fell off so much because the PS2 version is freaking dark.
First of all the synd kept throwing me off, then the darkness just ticked me off because half the time I thought what was land, it was a gap. Then having to retrace my steps, screwing up once or twice and get slightly further and die. Then the load times....everytime I died I had to sit there for 2 minutes and try to restart. Eventually I flipped out and punched a wall

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 04/19/11 22:04

Iritscen

Re: Parts you got stuck at (and I mean stuck at for a long time)

I had a lot of difficult parts in the game where I just kept respawning again and again, most memorably the last SP of Chapter 2, where I died countless times.  Now I can do it with little trouble, but that's only after devising specific tricks for handling just about every single enemy in that stage.

And I certainly got stuck on the part with Zombie Shinatama at the end.  In fact, I'm not 100% I've ever beaten that part without cheating.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 04/20/11 04:04

TOCS

I remember eventually completing the game in 2004. I had a hard time getting past the last level. My dad and brother helped on several parts, such as the last savepoint on Chapter 2, last savepoint on Chapter 5 and last savepoint on Chapter 13. That's only those I remember.

Oni is a pretty though game if you're only like 8 - 10 years old. smile Especially when you played through pretty much the whole game, without knowing the difficulty was set on hard. tongue

I love nostalgi.

#4 04/20/11 07:04

Delano762
Website

Chapter 3 checkpoint 3 was extremely hard the first time, and entire level 14 except battle with Muro was a pain in the arse. Though I was playing on easy lol.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#5 04/20/11 09:04

adorage

Level 10 took me forever. Nevertheless - or perhaps because of it - it's my favourite level.
But the acid vats in level 3 and the end of level 12 were way more frustrating than level 10 because there's no save point there for a very long time and if you die you have to do it all over again...

Last edited by adorage (04/21/11 08:04)

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#6 04/20/11 10:04

Leus
Website

Levels 3, 12 and 14 gave me the most trouble for sure.  I found the brain and zombie shinitama bosses strangely easy though.  It's just 'cause they're so predictable I guess.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#7 04/20/11 11:04

Gumby

I did a walkthrough on level 12. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#8 04/23/11 16:04

GlenP

Chap. 5 Hot Pursuit, the Airport Hangers took me a while, I got stuck at the one save point at the hallway with the lasers and poison gas with very low health, getting past that was not so bad, but the following room with a Tanker and a guy with a pistol was tough to beat, you go for the shooter first, but you can't turn your back on a Tanker either.  I eventually had to repeat the previous save point with more health, a tip from the GameSpot walkthrough.
http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/guides … index.html
their web site is acting strange now, some times you get a page not found error, but can reload and it works.

Mukade stumped me for a long time, the only way I could ever defeat him was with one of those Screaming Canons.  He still scares me.

I finally got through the whole game with out any cheats, but wish I had heard about the Oni Save Game Editor, I would have used it at those tough spots to keep from having to repeat the previous level.

#9 04/23/11 20:04

TheCreature

I actually got stuck on the lvl 3 final savepoint for a while.  Of course, that was partly because I was attempting to play it on my laptop while I was on a vacation, and didn't have a proper mouse with me.

Last edited by TheCreature (04/23/11 20:04)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#10 04/24/11 04:04

TOCS

Yeah, that acid chamber was a pain in the ass. I always wished there was a savepoint just before. ^_^

#11 04/24/11 05:04

Samer
Website

acid vast too, never could get the jumps right, still can't .. so i found another way ... run to the stairs just above the final gate and drop from above ... u'd lose just a tiny bit of health, but u won't have to do the jumps

instead of : Oni%202011-04-24%2013-10-51-34.jpg
drop from here : Oni%202011-04-24%2013-11-08-57.jpg

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#12 04/24/11 07:04

Delano762
Website

Yes, those jumps here were hard. Oh, and I just remembered that Mukade was extremely hard the first time because I used all the PEELZ I had, I mean, hypos and had very low health.

#13 04/24/11 13:04

TheCreature

That's the same solution I came up with Samer.  But I never found Mukade all that hard, if you conserve your ammo and just blast the heck out of him when you get there.  If I tried to go melee with it though it was a totally different story.

Last edited by TheCreature (04/24/11 13:04)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#14 04/24/11 14:04

Iritscen

I remember having a hard time with Mukade, probably because I usually play melee-only.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#15 04/24/11 14:04

Delano762
Website

Oh, and has Leucha fixed this sleeveless force field bug which you can see in the picture? It's quite annoying.

#16 04/24/11 22:04

Lithium

TCTF Science Prison, the first part with the mercury bows. I was never patient enough for turrets

#17 04/25/11 06:04

jackoverfull
Website

Muro, in the dream lab, with last year's edition. I usually managed to beat him but only with very low health and the ninjas or the furies finished me off. That's until I found out that he's quite vulnerable to the triple-hit haymaker…

Never found to difficult mukade, tough, nor the brain/shinatama. Yes, those jumps were true pain, got to the same solution that Samer did.

I hate these turrets at the start of TCTFSP as well, I never passed all of the lasers and always got trough with low health.

"To the future, blinkin' an eye to the past!"

#18 04/25/11 11:04

Yoriko

I got stuck at the last boss battle with mutant muro (I shot Griffin by reflex beacause I thought it would erupt into a boss battle, my english skills werent so good when I played it the first time)

It took me a while to realise how you can make him vulnerable and I dont think I used any weapons either hmm

Now he's too easy big_smile

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#19 04/25/11 14:04

DarkLitria
Website

rooftop, i remembered playing it wen i was 10 or 9 years old on PS2 and i was stupid cause i didn't knw how to dash to jump  higher and further in that level.
and the science prison. i hate those mercury bows at the begining -.-;;

PS2 version is harder and there where little different compare to PC version..

No BLOOD no foul.

#20 04/25/11 16:04

Lithium

PS2 Version just sucks...BURN ALL THE COPIES I SAY
Good thing I down- bought the PC version

#21 04/25/11 16:04

DarkLitria
Website

same here. the controller for the ps2 is hard DX PC is much easier plus more cheats too hehehe

No BLOOD no foul.

#22 04/25/11 16:04

Lithium

Yeah, also the PS2 version is too dark. Atmospheric Processor Ext was a pain because sometimes I didn't know if it was a hole or black, So i had a gun with me to check

#23 04/25/11 16:04

DarkLitria
Website

oh! i use to get stuck on that level alot too DX because Muro's thugs aalways punch and kicked me off *twitch*
but i never knew it was dark on PS2 heh

No BLOOD no foul.

#24 04/25/11 16:04

Lithium

Maybe it was my BS TV, anyhoo...

Another part that I hated was the last part in Synd. Compound, right in the room with the satelite. I was really scared there because falling was my biggest nightmare, I have never fallen, but I still get cautious in that area

#25 04/25/11 16:04

DarkLitria
Website

yeh i hate falling alot too =.=;

No BLOOD no foul.

Board footer