Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/23/11 08:01

Venom3

AE: Language Problem

Hey guys,

Maybe some of you know that I am a german. So I have the german version of the game.
I've got some problems: If I want to read something, the lines just cut off when there is a letter like: ö, ä, ü and ß.
I made some screens for you:

1oz9p.png 229vz.png

On the upper right part is "Schlie", because there is a "ß" letter missing and then the word cutts off. There should be "Schließen", which means "close". Down, in this help-section, there is "Dr", but this has to be "Drücke", (means: Press). And the second button on the left reads "Gegenst", but there has to be "Gegenstände" (Items). I know I don't have to make a german lesson for you, but I just want you to know, which letters are "missing" wink

38ycn.png

In this part of the game is the german subtitle, (that's good big_smile) but the voices are in english. And a lot of text (as example: In the main menu) and buttons are in english.

I hope someone can help me.
Thank you in advance,

-Venom

#2 01/23/11 08:01

Iritscen

Re: AE: Language Problem

Hmm, strange.  Are you in Windows?  I might have heard about the first problem before, but I don't understand why voices would be in English, because we don't provide any dialog audio in the AE.  I guess the Main Menu would be in English, though, at least if you use the HD Screens.  Do you have the HD Screens installed?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/23/11 08:01

Venom3

HD Screens? There are in the HQ-TrainingRoomTexture pack, aren't they? Then, yes, I have. And it's not a problem if some words are in english. But, if I fight, and they see me, it's the english voice actor. But if I hurt or kill him, it's the german voice again. It's really weird.

#4 01/23/11 08:01

Iritscen

Nope, the HD Screens are a separate package.  They make the Main Menu and other screens 1024x768.  But actually I guess we are also distributing the regular menus in English as part of the AE core.  We'll see what we can do about providing other languages as an option.

As far as the audio goes, I'm still puzzled about that.  I don't see any SNDD files in the AE.  Can you show us a list of the mods you have installed, please?

#5 01/23/11 08:01

Venom3

window7odz.png

Is it that, what you need?

btw:
The voices are pretty good and if there is a german subtitle it's okay, but the texts are not good wink

#6 01/23/11 08:01

Iritscen

o_O  What is HD Mod?  Can you show me the details for that one?

#7 01/23/11 09:01

Venom3

The HD Mod is my Texture update. It makes all textures in higher resolution. Maybe I'll rename it later and change the detail-text big_smile Anyways, here it is:

mymod4zmo.png

#8 01/23/11 09:01

Iritscen

Ah, okay.  Well, I don't think the AE could be changing your sound files.  Have you compared the sounds that are in English to those sounds in the original, vanilla Oni?  Maybe they failed to re-dub some of the audio.

#9 01/23/11 10:01

Venom3

In the 'vanilla' oni, the sounds and texts are in German of course. But I don't know how that happened. After I installed AE, everything or a Lot was in English.

Last edited by Venom3 (01/23/11 10:01)

#10 01/23/11 11:01

Gumby

AE changes a few menu files as part of the bug fix procedure. You can try to delete all the WMDDs in packages\Globalize and see if that helps.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 01/23/11 11:01

Venom3

Damn, the only thing which changes are the Levelnames sad

Board footer