Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/04/10 19:12

Chabby

Installing AE edition

Okay, first of all, hello guys.

I searched through the topics and couldn't manage to find any clue to solve my problem, but I'm sure it won't be uncommon to you.

I can't run oni.exe in the Edition folder, my screen blinks but nothing else happens.

First, I installed the AE edition in Oni/Edition folder, just as asked. I went into the install folder and runned AEinstall.exe. It asked me to globalize, which I did without receiving any error message... I checked the desired MOD then clicked Install. Then I went back into Oni/Edition in order to run oni.exe...

...Yet, whatever I do, nothing happens. I am on Windows 7, the game runned perfectly (with a patch I found here which removed the intro movies) before starting this whole AE thing.
I also noticed that the game seemed to modify only one level (level0.dat), from what I saw in install.log

I must also add that... The read-me files are very incomplete for people who install this whole thing for the first time. hmm

Anyway, since I know you might ask (from what I saw in the other topics), here are the globalize.org and install.log:

------------------------------------------------------------
GLOBALIZE.LOG
Globalization started 2010-Dec-04 18:31:46
Removing old GameDataFolder...
Creating needed directories...
Exporting and moving...

Reimporting levels
    Reimporting level0_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level0_Final VanillaDats/level0_Final/level0_Final/level0_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level1_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level1_Final VanillaDats/level1_Final/level1_Final/level1_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level2_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level2_Final VanillaDats/level2_Final/level2_Final/level2_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level3_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level3_Final VanillaDats/level3_Final/level3_Final/level3_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level4_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level4_Final VanillaDats/level4_Final/level4_Final/level4_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level6_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level6_Final VanillaDats/level6_Final/level6_Final/level6_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level8_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level8_Final VanillaDats/level8_Final/level8_Final/level8_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level9_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level9_Final VanillaDats/level9_Final/level9_Final/level9_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level10_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level10_Final VanillaDats/level10_Final/level10_Final/level10_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level11_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level11_Final VanillaDats/level11_Final/level11_Final/level11_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level12_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level12_Final VanillaDats/level12_Final/level12_Final/level12_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level13_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level13_Final VanillaDats/level13_Final/level13_Final/level13_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level14_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level14_Final VanillaDats/level14_Final/level14_Final/level14_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level18_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level18_Final VanillaDats/level18_Final/level18_Final/level18_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level19_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level19_Final VanillaDats/level19_Final/level19_Final/level19_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level0_Particles.oni
    Reimporting level0_Textures.oni
    Reimporting level0_Sounds.oni
    Reimporting level0_TRAC.oni
    Reimporting level0_TRAM.oni

Moving level0_Characters

Globalization ended 2010-Dec-04 18:31:49
The process took 00:00:03
------------------------------------------------------------

Then INSTALL.LOG:

Mod Installation started 2010-Dec-04 18:48:04
Reading files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\VanillaDats\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\21500BrutalAI\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\22000NewCharacters\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\23000ShinatamaToo\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\32000DangerousGlass\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\33000ImprovedWeather\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\34000Blood\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\45500DashBlur\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\51000UnlockAllMoves\oni\level0_Final;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\install\packages\53000KnockdownRevamp\oni\level0_Final
Removing duplicates
Writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat
Writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Oni\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.raw

Installation ended 2010-Dec-04 18:48:08
The process took 00:00:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Chabby (12/05/10 00:12)

#2 12/04/10 19:12

Gumby

Re: Installing AE edition

Thats...interesting. Globalization completely failed. hmm Can I see a screenshot of Oni\GameDataFolder?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 12/05/10 00:12

Chabby

There you go :
http://i52.tinypic.com/2n7eh51.jpg

It's in french though, but you should be able to understand lol.

Another (interesting?) fact: The install.log in Gamedata only contains this:

Mod Installation started 2010-Dec-04 18:22:07

Plus, BSL.log is completely empty.

#4 12/05/10 08:12

Iritscen

Um, is "Archive" the AE folder?  Because it's supposed to be named "Edition" smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 12/05/10 11:12

Chabby

The folder is empty. I don't know how it appeared though, but after launching AEinstaller.exe and all this globalize thing, it was there.
The IGMD contains all the level folders (Airport, Dream_Lab, etc.) with the .bsl files.

Last edited by Chabby (12/05/10 11:12)

#6 12/05/10 13:12

Gumby

Oni is improperly installed. Reinstall Oni and reinstall AE. If your .dats disappear again we have a serious problem.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 12/05/10 17:12

Chabby

^ This was the issue. I reinstalled the whole thing and now it works perfectly. Thanks smile

Board footer