Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/30/10 13:11

Jazzyboy

Blam! Oni AE Crashed. I have the Daodan thing btw.

I recently installed Oni again because I was bored. And it took me a few hours of scanning forums and checking all my files to get the installer to work. And then a few more hours to get the game to actually start.

I used the Daodan thing for normal Oni and it worked.
But when I installed Anniversary Edition, the game wouldn't start. So I used Daodan. But it still doesn't work. It loads the menu but when I click 'New Game', it gives me a Blam! message.

I have Windows XP with SP2 I believe. And my computer has been able to run most games, including games older than Oni. I currently have games installed that are about the same age as Oni, Crimson Skies, and BattleZone. So it's not a problem to do with OpenGL or anything like that, like my brother told me.

If somebody can help me, I will be very grateful.

Thank you,
Jaz, leader of a very big Halo CE clan, and set 1 for most subjects in school, so don't think I'm a stupid little kid, like a lot of people think of me. tongue

Last edited by Jazzyboy (11/30/10 13:11)

#2 11/30/10 17:11

Gumby

Re: Blam! Oni AE Crashed. I have the Daodan thing btw.

What folder did you install AE in?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 12/01/10 12:12

Jazzyboy

I installed AE in the Edition folder, which was in the Oni folder. I did check up on all of the ways to install AE so it's not to do with putting AE in the wrong place.

Oh, and I should probably mention that my dad recently turned SLI on so that we can run two graphics cards.

And the only RAW and DAT files I have in the GameDataFolder for AE are level0_Final

Last edited by Jazzyboy (12/01/10 12:12)

#4 12/01/10 14:12

Gumby

Post your installation and globalization logs please. Should be in Edition\install

#5 12/02/10 12:12

Jazzyboy

Install:

Mod Installation started 2010-Nov-29 16:10:00
Reading files from E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\VanillaDats\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\11000BetterWeaps\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\12000NewWeapons\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\21000UpgradedONCCs\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\21500BrutalAI\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\22000NewCharacters\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\23000ShinatamaToo\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\24000SeveredTextures\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\31000GlassBreakingMoves\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\32000DangerousGlass\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\33000ImprovedWeather\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\34000Blood\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\42000DashingAI\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\45000NinjaShadowDash\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\45500DashBlur\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\51000UnlockAllMoves\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\52000AndrashiTRAM\oni\level0_Final;E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\install\packages\53000KnockdownRevamp\oni\level0_Final
Removing duplicates
Writing E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat
Writing E:\Program Files\Oni\Edition\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.raw

Globalization:

Globalization started 2010-Nov-29 15:38:21
Removing old GameDataFolder...
Creating needed directories...
Exporting and moving...

level0_Final
    Exporting level0_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level1_Final
    Exporting level1_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level2_Final
    Exporting level2_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level3_Final
    Exporting level3_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level4_Final
    Exporting level4_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level6_Final
    Exporting level6_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level8_Final
    Exporting level8_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level9_Final
    Exporting level9_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level10_Final
    Exporting level10_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level11_Final
    Exporting level11_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level12_Final
    Exporting level12_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level13_Final
    Exporting level13_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level14_Final
    Exporting level14_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level18_Final
    Exporting level18_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
level19_Final
    Exporting level19_Final.dat
    Cleaning up TXMPs...
Reimporting levels
    Reimporting level0_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level0_Final VanillaDats/level0_Final/level0_Final/level0_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level1_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level1_Final VanillaDats/level1_Final/level1_Final/level1_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level2_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level2_Final VanillaDats/level2_Final/level2_Final/level2_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level3_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level3_Final VanillaDats/level3_Final/level3_Final/level3_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level4_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level4_Final VanillaDats/level4_Final/level4_Final/level4_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level6_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level6_Final VanillaDats/level6_Final/level6_Final/level6_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level8_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level8_Final VanillaDats/level8_Final/level8_Final/level8_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level9_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level9_Final VanillaDats/level9_Final/level9_Final/level9_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level10_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level10_Final VanillaDats/level10_Final/level10_Final/level10_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level11_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level11_Final VanillaDats/level11_Final/level11_Final/level11_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level12_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level12_Final VanillaDats/level12_Final/level12_Final/level12_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level13_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level13_Final VanillaDats/level13_Final/level13_Final/level13_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level14_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level14_Final VanillaDats/level14_Final/level14_Final/level14_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level18_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level18_Final VanillaDats/level18_Final/level18_Final/level18_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level19_Final.oni
Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ../GameDataFolder/level19_Final VanillaDats/level19_Final/level19_Final/level19_Final.oni >> Globalize.log
    Reimporting level0_Particles.oni
    Reimporting level0_Textures.oni
    Reimporting level0_Sounds.oni
    Reimporting level0_TRAC.oni
    Reimporting level0_TRAM.oni

Moving level0_Characters

Globalization ended 2010-Nov-29 16:08:59
The process took 00:30:38

Startup(It's real big so I added it as an attachment):

Last edited by Jazzyboy (12/02/10 12:12)

#6 12/03/10 01:12

Gumby

...don't override the Daodan that came with AE, please. Delete it and use http://rossy.oni2.net/files/daodan/binkw32.dll

#7 12/03/10 11:12

Jazzyboy

I was already using the default bink file. Do I need to delete daodan.txt, and vtuneapi too?

But anyway, downloading the other daodan didn't stop it working, cause it wasn't working before I used daodan.

#8 12/03/10 18:12

Gumby

Delete vtuneapi, use the bink file I gave you. Something to test: does the game crash if no mods are installed?

#9 12/04/10 04:12

Jazzyboy

How do I delete the mods so that I can check?
When I tried installing no mods with the installer, it said 'Warning, exception boost::filesystem::remove: Access is denied: "..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat"!'

Last edited by Jazzyboy (12/04/10 04:12)

#10 12/04/10 05:12

Gumby

Don't delete them, just don't have them checked. If you get an access denied error, that typically means oni is running while you are installing. That's bad. tongue

#11 12/04/10 05:12

Jazzyboy

Well, it's probably one of the mods, because I just unchecked read-only on my entire Edition folder, and the AE Installer stopped giving me an access denied message. So I got it to delete all of the mods, and the game worked. So yeah...

#12 12/04/10 06:12

s10k
Website

Probably some custom models/characters, uncheck them, mark the rest and try again.

Board footer