Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/05/10 15:08

Das Krokodil

Windows 7: Sound trouble

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here, so let me introduce myself shortly: My name is Niko, and I'm a huge fan of Oni since 2007. I also consider myself a Grandmaster, but for the lack of online gameplay, I'll never find out if that's actually true wink.  All the time, I've been playing Oni on my PowerMac Dual G4 under OS X without any major problems.

Now, recently I bought a Sony Laptop (Vaio VPCEB1M1E) with pre-installed Windows 7. I managed to run Oni on it using the Daodan Mod, which works nicely and even allows me to run it in the right screen resolution, but the sound doesn't work at all.

Is this a known problem? Could anyone please help me?

Thanks,
Niko.

#2 08/05/10 17:08

Mukade

Re: Windows 7: Sound trouble

Das Krokodil wrote:

I also consider myself a Grandmaster, but for the lack of online gameplay, I'll never find out if that's actually true wink.

Lol, not never, do some searching up on the forum and you'll find out that multiplayer is in fact a work in progress by certain members of the fanbase, so you may find out in the hopefully-not-too-far future whether you are better than us people who have been playing since it came out  big_smile

Anyways, as for your problem, you'd have to get one of the more technical people on the forum to help you with your problem, anyways, glad you found us. Welcome to OCF and hope you enjoy your stay smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 08/08/10 06:08

Das Krokodil

Re: Windows 7: Sound trouble

Mukade wrote:

Lol, not never, do some searching up on the forum and you'll find out that multiplayer is in fact a work in progress by certain members of the fanbase, so you may find out in the hopefully-not-too-far future whether you are better than us people who have been playing since it came out  big_smile

Wow, I wasn't aware of that! But I'll gladly eat my bold words if it means that we all get to have some online Oni action! That would be a dream come true (even if I'd get beaten up every time).

So, is there really no one who can help me with my sound problem?

All the best,
Niko.

Board footer