Oni Central Forum

A Community-driven Forum discussing Bungie's Oni

You are not logged in.

#26 2/6/09 12:59

Leus
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

At the end of level 8, one of the TCTF Elites gets stuck on the wall when trying to chase Konoko down the power grid toward the fan.

Then, at the beginning of level 9, Konoko runs a little bit past the dead security guards on the ground before she stops to "look at them."


If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

Offline

#27 2/6/09 13:47

Mukade
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

lol, its so funny watching the dashing bugs big_smile

its probly been said before, but when muro runs up the ramp with the 2 red strikers on airport assault, thye all end up falling off tongue


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#28 2/6/09 14:12

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Mukade wrote:

its probly been said before

Only three times, most recently four days ago tongue

Thanks again for the reports made so far, I think we've covered most of the bugs now but maybe someone will find more.  For some reason this problem isn't getting fixed in the upcoming AE release, but probably in the one after that.  So this info will be very helpful.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#29 2/6/09 18:20

Gumby
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Iritscen wrote:
Mukade wrote:

its probly been said before

Only three times, most recently four days ago tongue

Thanks again for the reports made so far, I think we've covered most of the bugs now but maybe someone will find more.  For some reason this problem isn't getting fixed in the upcoming AE release, but probably in the one after that.  So this info will be very helpful.

Because we have bigger things to worry about and geyser and I still haven't agreed on exactly how to fix each of the bugs.


Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Offline

#30 2/6/09 20:25

Mukade
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

like you say, it isnt a big issue, just srota makes it look less official smile

still like I said, fun to watch XD


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#31 2/6/09 20:36

Gumby
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Mukade wrote:

like you say, it isnt a big issue, just srota makes it look less official smile

: /


Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Offline

#32 2/6/09 21:40

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Well, he's right, Gumby.  We didn't break it, but we do have to fix it smile


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#33 8/7/10 21:14

EdT
Moderator

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

One cutscene is fixed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqCz064xE1s

I had to edit the FILM data.

Offline

#34 22/7/10 5:30

Sharoduinn
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Leus wrote:

At the end of level 8, one of the TCTF Elites gets stuck on the wall when trying to chase Konoko down the power grid toward the fan.

I've been having a bug in the end cutscene of level 8 where the second TCTF trooper chasing Konoko freezes on the power grid. Because of this only the first trooper gets sucked in the fan (my favourite part of the game, by the way tongue )
With my limited knowledge of these things I'd guess that a bug stops the 'flying to the fan' animation starting for the second trooper.

I'm not using the Dasing AI, so this post doesn't really belong here, but I wanted to bring this up before I forget roll


"Sorry about the mess"

Offline

#35 22/7/10 17:20

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

I think I've seen that, but I don't know what causes it.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#36 22/7/10 18:41

Mukade
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

go into dev mod, and release camera, and check back to see what happens to him?


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#37 23/7/10 11:07

Sharoduinn
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Mukade wrote:

go into dev mod, and release camera, and check back to see what happens to him?

He just stands still as his luckless comrade gets sucked in and minced up... hmm

Should I check the script for the level, and see if anythings missing?


"Sorry about the mess"

Offline

#38 23/7/10 14:06

Mukade
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

It does the same for everyone as far as I know, I think it has to do with him getting caught on the door at the beginning :-/


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

#39 23/7/10 18:04

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Ah, yes, thanks Mukade, that's what the problem was.  So that actually is a dashing issue AFAIK.


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#40 23/7/10 19:55

EdT
Moderator

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

If you play the original (non-AE version) only 1 trooper is sucked into to the fan.

Its not related to getting stuck in the door, because Oni uses a different FILM for the different actions, Entering, running on the power core, turning around, running back to the control room.

Offline

#41 23/7/10 21:42

Iritscen
Moderator

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

Hmm, that's right, one trooper *does* avoid getting pulled in.  sweatdrop.gif


byproducts are fine, but where's the beef?

Offline

#42 24/7/10 0:00

Mukade
Member

Re: Help us fix an AE bug (dashing)

EdT wrote:

If you play the original (non-AE version) only 1 trooper is sucked into to the fan.

Its not related to getting stuck in the door, because Oni uses a different FILM for the different actions, Entering, running on the power core, turning around, running back to the control room.

Yeah okay, thats what I thought.. I think you hear the second one tho  lol


"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Offline

Board footer