Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 06/21/10 22:06

Mukade

Re: Mukade

<3 JKA

Now that we've established the conncetion between Mukade and Star Wars... lets get back on topic

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#29 06/21/10 22:06

Gumby

Mukade, if you have JKA, you must play MBII, I code for it. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#30 06/21/10 22:06

Mukade

Ohhh sweet!

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 06/22/10 20:06

Lithium

so much for getting back on topic, but what do i know, the guy who had -26 karma at one point...

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#32 06/22/10 21:06

Mukade

If you look up I tried to get it back on topic ^_^

#33 06/22/10 22:06

Lithium

yea lol anyways... i always thought of Mukade as maybe a sort of psychic, kinda like psycho mantis, he can read Konoko and all the people she has killed and thought himself as the same. Just a tool of an organization. And maybe the Chrysalis gives konoko an instinct to fight, its in her blood to fight. That's just my opinion

#34 06/23/10 12:06

CocaPuff

smile Interesting possibility ^_^

Dain bramaged

#35 06/23/10 12:06

Sharoduinn

oxe161 wrote:

And maybe the Chrysalis gives konoko an instinct to fight, its in her blood to fight. That's just my opinion

That's right wink , if you've read the data consoles in both TCTF HQ levels they tell that in training Konoko has been obsessed with practising and wouldn't stop even when told to. In one it even says that her trainers should have VDG's close at hand in case she goes over the top. hmm

"Sorry about the mess"

#36 06/23/10 12:06

Mukade

Yeah, I'm a little foggy about this, but from what I understand, the chrysalis turns you into a more resilient, powerful, version of yourself, and you final form is an expression of your true nature (Kerr) If this is so, when she has her daodan spikes, her aggressive nature is amplified.

#37 06/23/10 12:06

Lithium

Wow people agreed with me for once, mainly i thought this because of how much i've been playing MGS lately.
(That and now i have to play MGS music when im sneaking around in oni rofl)

#38 06/23/10 17:06

Iritscen

You guys didn't read my post very carefully wink  Hardy already answered some of these questions.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#39 02/17/11 11:02

Yoriko

I always thought that it was strange that Mukade holds his head in pain at when you defeat him, could be something about Konoko breaking the link beetween them.

One thing I'm quite sure of though, I think Bungie did intend to evolve the story a whole lot more than that which was delivered.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#40 02/17/11 11:02

TOCS

Agreed, a lot of the content which was supposed to ship with the game, was cancelled due to time schedules. The game looked pretty awesome back in 1999 - 2000 judging from trailers and screenshots.

Last edited by TOCS (02/17/11 12:02)

#41 02/17/11 12:02

love_Oni

Yeah but they don't play Oni much right now. Damn they don't know there's a good hand to hand combat game lies front their faces!

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#42 02/17/11 12:02

TheCreature

Necro post!  And yeah, that makes sense, about the link-breaking.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#43 02/17/11 22:02

Mukade

Or she just kicked him upside the head? Meh....

#44 02/18/11 01:02

Sharoduinn

I believe many people would hold their head if they were beaten almost to death tongue
Or then, as Mukade was quite a cocky guy he must've been quite humiliated when he got his butt kicked hard by a girl...

"Sorry about the mess"

#45 02/23/11 12:02

Yoriko

I bet Barabas must have felt quite humiliated the first time Konoko kicked his butt since he didnt die wink

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#46 04/17/11 12:04

Yoriko

I find it funny that Konoko is like: I have nothing in common with this cold blooded killer! *Snaps Mukades neck* I'm like: WOOT

Sorry about the double post.

#47 04/17/11 14:04

Iritscen

Yeah, Konoko's battle seems to be drawn to a life-or-death conclusion because of their Chrysalises.  It's a battle of superpredators.  I also think they wanted to establish that Konoko is willing to kill her enemies (although I like to think that Mukade survived), so that the decision the player has to make on whether to kill Griffin feels harder, or more real.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#48 04/18/11 12:04

Yoriko

This may be a bit irrelevant but I believe Samer has reskinned Konoko into different imago stages: one good, one evil and one slightly mutated (like Muro)
How about that you get a choice to kill Mukade or just grab the disk and walk away.
If you kill Mukade and kill Griffin you become evil and you'll fight mutated Muro but if you spare Mukade and Griffin you fight Muro with Griffin while being good, and if you kill Mukade but spare Griffin you'll fight Muro with Griffin as in the original Oni.
But if you spare Mukade but kill Griffin perhaps Mukade can help you through the last level beacause you have proven that you and he are the same. And in the final battle you fight Muro while being slightly mutated with help from Mukade.
Just a thought.

Sorry about the long post

#49 04/18/11 12:04

TOCS

Not bad thinking, but it would require extra voice acting and a change in the scripts to make it possible. smile I can't remember who voiced Mukade, frankly. tongue

#50 04/18/11 13:04

Delano762
Website

Yoriko wrote:

But if you spare Mukade but kill Griffin perhaps Mukade can help you through the last level beacause you have proven that you and he are the same.

That's a pretty interesting idea, somewhat too big, but I'm pleasantly surprised lol

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer