Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 04/06/10 17:04

Lithium

Re: What Made You "Fall In Love" With Oni?

Iritscen wrote:

Guys, it's only a few dollars if you buy it secondhand, why can't you just bum the money off your parents?

well my parents are ilegal so credit cards, debt cards, um that paypal thing is pretty hard, especially with my parents being really weary, I could do it myself if i knew anything about this

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#77 04/06/10 19:04

GlenP

I recently saw a PC version in a Half-Priced Book store, kind of surprised to see it. 
http://www.halfpricebooks.com/

The artwork on the box is pretty nice, though some of the "screen shots" might have not actually made it into the game, I think.

"A DARK FUTURE... AN UNCERTAIN PAST... NO ONE LEFT TO TRUST." 

She had me at "hello."

#78 04/06/10 20:04

TheCreature

Lol!  That's weird.  I got my mac copy of Oni at the same store.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#79 04/06/10 20:04

Lithium

i'll do it i'll get a paypal or sumthing like that

#80 04/08/10 06:04

Super Nerd

This was my 1st game that used the WASD + mouse control system. Now we see it in all PC fps! I was quite impressed how smooth and fluent the hand to hand combat system works with your own easy manipulative control and how easily satisfying it was to defeat your enemies.

I was 13 when the demo came out and yeah I was really motivated to get the full version asap. What I really loved about Oni was obviously Konoko/Mai. Aside from Tomb Raider, she was by far the most attractive game character I've ever seen. I love her purple hairstyle, her body, her green eyes, her voice, her masterful fighting skill and her spirit to seek out truth and justice. The artworks of her are just fantastic!

Everything about the game had a strong substance; the addictive game-play, the gripping deep storyline, the look of your enemies and the world of 2030= an amazing game that I experienced.

Further on, I can't think of any other game that is based on an anime concept. I can only think of Ghost in the Shell. So therefore, Oni is a classic and very a special game to me that I will always remember forever!

#81 04/08/10 16:04

zilcon

there is sengoku basara. and some other anime games but i bet that's not what you meant right ?

Static Fist!!! tongue

#82 04/08/10 17:04

Lithium

the only thing tat made the tomb raider series really popular was her...um...yea

#83 04/09/10 08:04

northero
Website

omg -,- and yet  lol

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#84 04/20/10 23:04

Alazam

Hmm airports hangars right before checkpoint 2 with the 3 blue rooms and the computer inside. The gloomy music that was playing gave you an anime sense of "something's gonna happen and i'm not gonna like it" and it did happen, that song is for me the best dark/gloomy piece of music i've ever heard

Damn it oxe i don't wanna do this 'sigh'
"Okay Megaman! Come into my lair and die!"

#85 05/19/10 09:05

Hostpik

When I played the first level I was already in love with the game. The graphic style, the fighting moves, the guns and the story. Everything felt alright. The difficulty curve was very good. It was a pretty hard game at the ending levels, but you just don't want to give up because you want to know the story.

Konoko: Muro, Stop
Muro: No
Konoko: ...Touché

#86 05/23/10 10:05

SCV

influenced by Gist, the flow of story and anime, is very interesting me most

#87 09/30/10 14:09

onirulez

i got this game 2 years after i was born nearly wen it came out

i got it in belgium for 18.99 euros

if any1 wanted to no i was born on 17/11/1998

Last edited by onirulez (09/30/10 14:09)

"Your mine!"

#88 09/30/10 15:09

Den

The combat system I find being the best I've encountered yet, I'm just playing the game to fight nowadays.

#89 10/01/10 09:10

TOCS

The game came out in 2001. wink You really played video games at the age of 2? yikes That's interesting. tongue

#90 10/01/10 10:10

Tudorge
Website

Me too! But it was Quake 2 first for me.

#91 12/13/10 08:12

RiceyChicken

I had just bought myself a PS2 back in 2001, I think. When I was picking a game at GameStop, I saw a copy of Oni sitting there like any game would. I looked at the back of the game's cover (and price tag) and saw what I was to expect. Priced at only $4.99, I purchased the game and immediately, I was hooked on the game as soon as I got home playing it. I don't know what got me addicted to the game, but I'm just gonna assume it was every aspect of the game that immediately got my full attention. Too bad the ol' PS2's broke, but there'a always the PC side of things...

#92 08/15/11 20:08

Knox

My dad got it back in 2001. I enjoyed watching him play it. Then in 2007 he gave me his copy. I loved it. I lost the disc a few months ago, and I was VERY, VERY UN-HAPE'MASK. But today I rejoice, as my new copy arrived in the mail. And now I will never let my precious out of my sight ever, ever, ever again.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#93 08/15/11 22:08

Mukade

I love stories with happy endings wink

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#94 08/16/11 15:08

DarkLitria
Website

the fighting system, it like realistic moves XD (kinda)

No BLOOD no foul.

#95 08/16/11 15:08

Tarik
Banned

When i Basically saw your name "MKUltra", i Immediately though about Mortal Kombat Ultra Game or something, but Your actually talking about the MKUltra Project, you know that's pretty Sick.

Last edited by Tarik (08/16/11 15:08)

#96 08/16/11 15:08

Yoriko

The combination of melee fighting and gun shooting, fighting against opponents when there's weapons in play and come out victorious is just sooo satisfying. However in order to have a chance against the black adder when you've got low health there need to be a lengthened reload animation, it's too unrealistically fast for all the weapons.

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#97 08/17/11 09:08

kyletm57

The story is what captured me, before playing oni i had never played a game with a deep story (i had always played games like Quake and Street Fighter before)

banner2440.jpg

#98 01/18/12 04:01

tokenoftime92
Website

Boobs!
just kiddin'
Her ass!
It was the fighting system for real.

Oni Flatline is the sh@t.

#99 07/24/13 01:07

mariparis

I remember playing the game in kindergarten after seeing my dad play the training level. I got instantly hooked. I loved her outfit and her purple hair. When I was a kid I tried to cut my hair like hers but I ruined my hair  yikes
But the thing that I love about Oni even today is the atmosphere of it. This game also has everything like monsters, ninjas, lasers, martial arts, shooting, snipers, robots, acid vats, ziplines, and countless other things. This game is so underrated that it sickens me. No game nowadays can even compare to this game.

#100 07/24/13 06:07

Iritscen

mariparis wrote:

When I was a kid I tried to cut my hair like hers but I ruined my hair  yikes

Wow, that deserves an entry in the "You know you play too much Oni when..." thread, I haven't heard that one before.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer