Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/02/10 08:05

solarionflarion

ONI Strange problem

I dont know if this has even happened to anyone else, but every single time i try to play ONI i crouch automatically and cant get back up. This starts in the training mission, the second they allow you to crouch, but i cant go any further because i cant jump onto the platform to watch the battle. I also tried skipping training and it still wont do anything but crouch.

#2 05/02/10 08:05

solarionflarion

Re: ONI Strange problem

Every key on my keyboard works, and in any case it still crouched when i completely unplugged my keyboard and then started the game.

#3 05/02/10 08:05

paradox-01

Maybe your game exe is corrupt. Choose the right one from:  http://wiki.oni2.net/Daodan.dll#Replacement_EXEs.

Or Oni has trouble with your mouse. Open key_config.txt in your Edition folder and delete following line: "mousebutton3 to fire3". Save file.

#4 05/02/10 08:05

TOCS

This can also be caused by something disturbing; like a joystick, or gamepad. I've had troubles with both my mouse and keyboard in a few games, due to devices that disturbs the controls.

#5 05/02/10 09:05

solarionflarion

using the executable that fit me only caused my game to crash like it did before-im using windows XP and i had to use the onixppatch to make that work-i also have no additional gaming hardware on my setup (like joysticks or gamepads)
deleting the binded command in the configuration file ALSO had no effect. =/

Is there any way to simply erase the crouch function? the first time i played this game i didnt know i COULD crouch until halfway through the 2nd to last level-(rofl)
ive already tried simply deleting crouch keys from the config but as it was crouching without a keyboard anyway, my hopes werent high sad

Last edited by solarionflarion (05/02/10 09:05)

#6 05/02/10 09:05

solarionflarion

Problem solved-erasing the bind crouch key didnt work, but binding crouch to a key that doesnt exist did. I binded crouch to "middlecontrol" and now it works fine! sorry for using your time ^^

#7 05/03/10 06:05

northero
Website

Oh... curious about what was the cause of it  hmm

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

Board footer