#1 04/03/10 03:04

TOCS

A terrible stupid idea

//Too sensitive content//

Last edited by TOCS (08/11/23 07:08)

#2 04/03/10 07:04

Iritscen

Re: A terrible stupid idea

Hmm, well when the cardholder gets his/her card back, they will of course see the charge and dispute it.  It will probably be reversed, no harm done.  Although they may find it odd that if someone else used their card, they didn't keep using it, but rather it was turned in a day later.  But probably no one besides your parents would figure out it was you that used it, if it was an online purchase.  If it wasn't a large purchase then you probably don't have to worry too much, as the CC company will just eat the charge.  At least, that's how it seems to me, but I could be wrong.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 04/03/10 07:04

Shade

Just return the credit card to the bank where its hosted from. The bank will probably call the owner of the credit card and will tell them someone found it and turned in the credit card. I highly doubt you can go to jail for accidentally spending a little money there. Depends on how much you spend I think. If it was over 100 dollars then yeah I think you can go to jail for it. But tell your parents and have them call the bank that owns those credit cards. Who ever owns that bank card is probably having a heart attack when they found out someone took money out of their bank account. Where exactly did you found the credit card at? At a store or something? If I were you I would return it to management so they can have proof that you didn't stole it.

Apparently it is illegal to have someone else's credit card and using it to buy things. If they are going to make a big issue about the *money spending* after they return it. I think that the owner of the credit card can sue your parents and the bank its self for them letting you take money out of their bank account. If I were you I would pay back the owner of the credit card how much money you've taken out. If you didn't tell your parents right away when you found it the first time. You could get into serious trouble. And could possibly go to jail for spending someone elses money.

Last edited by Shade (04/03/10 07:04)

#4 04/03/10 07:04

Iritscen

I assume we're actually talking about a credit card in the American sense here, not a debit card, which withdraws from a bank account directly.  A credit card doesn't take money out of anything but the person's credit line.  Which is why the credit card company will probably end up eating the charge, not the individual.

#5 04/03/10 09:04

Striker

-Snip-

Last edited by Striker (04/03/10 09:04)

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#6 04/03/10 09:04

Striker

Reverse the transaction and send the product back to whoever you bought it from.
Give the credit card to the owner (Not the police or the bank, they won't give you anything in return).

Follow those steps, and you will get something in return. Good luck.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#7 04/03/10 09:04

TOCS

It's an online purchase from Steam which can't be refunded, sadly.
From the card details, we found the persons number online and called it. He said he had been searching for it for quite some time, so he went by and I gave him the card. The person has yet not said anything. I just hope for the best at the moment.

EDIT: Also, the laws here in Denmark are quite different from the ones in the US. In the US nothing is your fault, you can always sue people. That's impossible here.

Last edited by TOCS (04/03/10 09:04)

#8 04/03/10 10:04

Iritscen

It's odd that, if he knew he was missing his card, he didn't call the CC bank and have it canceled.

#9 04/03/10 10:04

TOCS

Exactly, I thought that too.

#10 04/04/10 00:04

northero
Website

It might be a trap ? O.o

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#11 04/04/10 11:04

Mukade

"IT'S A TRAP"
-Admiral Ackbar

sry, I couldn't let that one go...
Anyways, it's good that you aren't keeping the card, it shows us that you are a good person, even if you did use it once, after all. we're only human  smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#12 04/05/10 02:04

northero
Website

Mukade wrote:

after all. we're only human  smile

exactly  big_smile

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#13 04/05/10 03:04

Shade

Your lucky. Because here in America. If that happened. The person will try to sue you or get you put in jail.

#14 04/05/10 09:04

northero
Website

And in Singapore, dun even tink abt getting away without any consequences... hey TOCS juz tink twice before u do anything nxt time... abt the consequences.. abt how ur gonna get worried over being caught up by law  wink

#15 04/05/10 12:04

Mukade

Requiem wrote:

Your lucky. Because here in America. If that happened. The person will try to sue you or get you put in jail.

Not necessarily, at least up here in Canada, i know plenty of nice people that would probably lecture you a bit, but would be grateful that you didn't keep it and keep using it, and wouldn't tell anyone...

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#16 04/05/10 18:04

Lithium

Not here in America, especially if ur a minority, like a mexican, then again we do steal stuff a lot. Yea i'd be weary as a cop.
Anyhow as  northero said try to never do that again. It's hard to resist temptations but try to get something to distract u from theft.
Also Americans are pretty generous so they wouldn't have a huge problem.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#17 04/06/10 13:04

zilcon

has the problem been solved yet?

Static Fist!!! tongue

#18 04/07/10 00:04

TOCS

I haven't heard from the guy yet, so I guess it's solved somehow.

#19 04/09/10 08:04

northero
Website

good for u and take it as god giving u a chance  wink

#20 04/09/10 20:04

Stevinlewis

Wow... A big sigh of relief? smile

#21 01/13/12 16:01

Windy

neutral

Last edited by Windy (01/17/12 10:01)

#22 01/13/12 20:01

kyletm57

If he calls and asks about the purchase, just tell him the truth and pay him in cash for it. If he doesn't, then just take it as a reward of sorts for finding his card. Either way, no harm done smile

banner2440.jpg

#23 01/14/12 05:01

TOCS

I don't think he care or even know what happened. He seemed like a guy without proper administration of his economy. That's based on the really expensive clothes he's wearing that day, and the fact that he didn't even know he'd lost his card, and where.

#24 01/20/12 00:01

Yoriko

TOCS wrote:

I don't think he care or even know what happened. He seemed like a guy without proper administration of his economy. That's based on the really expensive clothes he's wearing that day, and the fact that he didn't even know he'd lost his card, and where.

Darn it! Then you could've kept using it!

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#25 01/20/12 08:01

Iritscen

Some of you people seem to be lacking in the "moral compass" area roll

Board footer