Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/30/09 06:10

dream996

how many chapter is actually still missing ?

i saw the beta level and all those level ...there were complete difftere to the version we have ........
and i just wonder how many is still missing ??? is the storyline changed?

PunBB bbcode test

#2 10/30/09 07:10

Iritscen

Re: how many chapter is actually still missing ?

It's true that the engine contains level names for levels that are no longer there.  But they fall under four categories:
- Cut story
- Merged levels
- MP arenas
- Test levels

There's only one level we know of that actually was part of the story, but was cut, and that's level16_Final, "BGI HQ".

There was a third Airport level at level5_Final, but the three Airport levels were merged into two, so probably nothing was cut, Bungie just decided to make bigger levels and fit everything into two parts.

The rest of the missing levels were going to be arenas for multiplayer matches, or else they were made to test some feature of the game.

You mention the "beta" levels, perhaps you mean the pre-beta levels?  It's true that the levels back then sometimes looked nicer than they do now.  Some fancy details were "cut" from Oni's existing levels, in a manner of speaking.  No actual content, just details or features of the game.

Edit: There's also the matter of level15_Final and level17_Final.  We don't know what those were going to be, but probably they represent some planned storyline that was cut a long time ago.  As opposed to the BGI story, which was cut around the time BW had to start rushing Oni to completion.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 10/30/09 07:10

dream996

is it possible to have the crossing zone and all them missing content etc (guns level) back ?

PunBB bbcode test

#4 10/30/09 08:10

Iritscen

Well, only if we remake them by hand based on the screenshots.  We don't have access to any of the data for those levels.

However, if we ever get multiplayer working, I wouldn't be surprised if someone eventually recreated arenas like Crossing Zone so that we could play in them online.

But right now our main interest is adding BGI back in.  Some day it would also be nice to restore some of the existing levels to the way they looked pre-beta.

#5 10/30/09 08:10

dream996

i thought harry met the bungie thingy b4 .....didnt he request for it ?
the bgi back ?
was there a bgi b4 ?? what is it like ??

PunBB bbcode test

#6 10/31/09 05:10

dream996

i wonder how it would actually looks like when ONI is actually releases yesterday....HQ texture more chapter etc  cool  cool  cool  oh ....btw was she going to cross the zone whereher mum die to find his father ?

Last edited by dream996 (10/31/09 05:10)

PunBB bbcode test

#7 10/31/09 07:10

Iritscen

I really don't know what Bungie had planned for Oni that may have been cut.  At this point I'm not sure anyone actually remembers all the versions of the story, even Hardy, the Project Lead.

But fwiw, I've always thought that in Oni 2, Mai would definitely look for her father.

#8 10/31/09 07:10

dream996

same .....his father is only missing ..is not dead =[

PunBB bbcode test

#9 10/31/09 10:10

Stevinlewis

cool to see only iritscen and dream on this post. But itll be great to have those missing levels back on smile

#10 10/31/09 11:10

Samer
Website

his father big_smile
u mean her father dream tongue

But Btw one of the characters I'm going to make are Jamie (her mom) and Dr.Hasegawa big_smile (her father) I planned to make them appear as ghosts in a modified dream level ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#11 10/31/09 12:10

Mukade

why hadnt i thought of that.... its so obvious lolz
it'd be cool to have a jamie and Hasegawa characters
you would replace the two black ops with the suerballs right?

Last edited by Mukade (10/31/09 12:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#12 10/31/09 12:10

Mukade

@dream, wanna know what happens to dr. Hasegawa, read teh joint story  big_smile
(at least thats in our opinion)

essentially he put himself in cryo hibernation

Last edited by Mukade (10/31/09 12:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#13 10/31/09 12:10

Leus
Website

you would replace the two black ops with the suerballs right?

One has a screaming cannon.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#14 10/31/09 13:10

Samer
Website

Mr Leus being all accurate tongue true one has a superball and one screaming cannon tongue

but I was thinking more near the end of the level wink since I'm not so afraid of BSL anymore big_smile i might be able to do that.

and the joint story is really my inspiration for the whole thing ^_^
the glass floor with the large shini if I could make them appear under it or maybe let it break when konoko walks on the rail like we said in the joint story and fall to fight shinibots big_smile or see the ghosts there, that would be awesome ^_^

ok we're getting off topic smile we'll discuss this on the various new characters project when I finish the other characters ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#15 11/08/09 10:11

dream996

.....you know that there is a level19 file???
is that mean b4 they cut those chapter off the full realese will have 19 level ??
so is that mean there is 5 missing ?

PunBB bbcode test

#16 11/08/09 12:11

Iritscen

Technically, yes, but as I said, only one of those levels was definitely going to have content that is not in the final Oni.

Just to lay it all out:
level5_Final was Airport part 2 of 3.  level4-6_Final became level4_Final and level6_Final when the three levels were merged into two.

level7_Final was moved or merged a long time ago.

level15_Final and level17_Final were moved or merged a long time ago.

level16_Final was going to be BGI HQ.

We don't know of any missing elements from Oni's story except for BGI; the other gaps in the numbering were just the result of revisions to the arrangement of content in the story.  Hardy LeBel has said that it was easier to just leave gaps in the numbering than to re-number a bunch of levels when content was moved around or merged.

#17 11/08/09 14:11

dream996

We don't know of any missing elements from Oni's story except for BGI

what is the bgi about ?
what about the crossing zone

PunBB bbcode test

#18 11/08/09 15:11

Iritscen

I feel like your question about BGI has been answered a hundred times already in the history of the community, so I'm going to leave you to research that one for yourself.

Crossing Zone was just a multiplayer arena of some kind.

Board footer