Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/04/09 13:11

dream996

mp3 into --> wmv ETC

why does WMV music format file a lot bigger than mid's ???
they dont have any difference ..... but why does wmv a lot more bigger ?what kind of thing had change ??? would the quailty going to be more worse after you covert it into mp3

Last edited by dream996 (11/04/09 13:11)

PunBB bbcode test

#2 11/04/09 14:11

Ether

Re: mp3 into --> wmv ETC

I'm not sure what you mean. .mp3 is similar to .wma in size and quality, though .wma is supposed to be slightly smaller under some circumstances. .mid can be compared to a musical score - it's considerably smaller, but in order to play you have to use some sound banks (integrated in the system) and the quality can be different on different systems. .wmv is a video file format.

#3 11/04/09 15:11

dream996

the question is ...why after converting wma file into mp3 (will be a lot smaller
i used a goldwave to rec some music (stereo.....mean recond the background of the music .....or like a click in the window.......and after i record them....the file size a really big so i convert it into mp3...than is gona smaller ,,,,,,the question is why ????and would the quaity get worse ?/?(is there any change ??)and wva and mp3 files when u listen to it it doesnt have any difference why wma is bigger ?

PunBB bbcode test

#4 11/04/09 19:11

Ether

Could you post some details on the size of the files? Like test.wma - 1.5 MiB, test.mp3 - 1 MiB?

Anyway, if you want to get some serious answers, you might consider spell checking your post before you send it. Or, at least be consistent in the technical terms (.wma/.wva/.wmv?).

#5 11/04/09 20:11

Iritscen

There are probably all kinds of settings when encoding a WMA that affect the size and quality of the music.  MP3s also have a few settings, like bit rate, stereo/joint stereo, and sample rate.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 11/05/09 10:11

dream996

after the convert would the mp3 get worse ?

PunBB bbcode test

#7 11/05/09 11:11

Iritscen

Technically, any conversion will result in some loss of data, but if you use a high bit rate for the MP3 conversion (like 192kpbs or higher), you won't hear the difference in quality.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer