Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 10/15/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Re: Oni Joint Story, Second Installment: Punishment

big_smile Sweet.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#52 10/15/09 19:10

Stevinlewis

Whos Hitoshi!!!!!!!!!!

#53 10/15/09 20:10

Lithium

go back and read

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#54 10/15/09 21:10

Leus
Website

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#55 10/15/09 21:10

Stevinlewis

big_smile. Ill write next

#56 10/15/09 21:10

Stevinlewis

"Hey Grif, wake up were almost there. Grif?" Said a low voice, Barabus. "Yeah... yeah im awake" Said Griffin while stretching a little. "Alright T minus 1minute to touch down load your gear. Tommy's squad has already secured the area awaiting further orders. Tommy has just ended a small battle with the rebels. We have no idea what they are planning but bring a plasma rifle and a water bottle. Nothing more nothing less." Said Marlow, the technition. "Touch down! Hit it mutants!" Said the pilot, Jackson. Almost immediately all seven of the guys, including griffin, raced to the safe zone. "Alright. patrolling the air. Alpha-sky's squadron 6 (Number of planes) has reached air control. Air above us are surcured." Said the pilot.

"Mornin sir. Several rebals with RPGs came out at around 6am sunrise. We killed them all but we are not sure how many more of those guys r out there. The dead pratitioners are other there" Tommy pointed to the left telling the autopsys' , "And the government are over there." Pointing straight ahead.

The city was quite lively. Many people with their kids playing around and there are chrysallis medical halls by the road side and shops with a variety of fruints and meat. "Wow this place seems quite happy huh?" Said Mai walking into the city with Griffin and Barabus. Barabus, Mai and Griffin entered the state building which looked quite new. Walls painted bright white with several decoration and pictures of historic moments.

"Welcome! Welcome!" Said Chandragupta. "How are you my friends. My name is Chandragupta. Call me Chan." thrusting out his hand to Mai, Griffin and Barabus. They each introduced themselves and shook hands with the governor. "

"Alright Mr Chan." Said Mai "We have reports that you guys have found a way to implant chrysallis. CI has been noticing this for quite awhile and we have report that two practitioners are dead? Am I right?". "Yes that is very true. But over here. We call the CI rebels. Those assholes have been terrorising us for quie awhile. So what is it you require?" Said Chan. "Well you see. We are also fighting these... rebels. And we thought maybe lets join hands to protect each other against this huge army which is conquring many cities and countries. Most of them are nearly dead or either that, begging for death." Said Mai. "Oh dear. My brother went to Singapore on a trade route, Im not sure if he is still alive." Said Chan with a frown while looking down. "Okay deal! Since we do not have much army we will accept it!" Said Chan, putting his hands out, agreesing with this offer. "Alright thankyou Mr. Chan." Said Mai.

"So how much have you known about the chrysallis already Mr.Chan?" Said Barabus. "Well Mr. Barabus...", "Call me Barubus no Mr. barbus." Said Barabus, cutting off Chan. "Okay. We have known how to implant those chrysallis and known about the imago stage thing. But we have managed to reverse the effect by using the antidote. It helps to rid the chrysallis from the body but then the repaired part for example, the heart, will be left with a hole and thus, the person will die.". "Our scientist are still researching but since the lost of our two practitioners, it has been hard." Said Chan. "How about i go to your land? We have unwanted eyes and ears here around India.". "Sure Mr.Chan. The plane is ready follow us." Said Mai, tapping on her scanner.

"SIR! WE LOST A PLANE BUT THE PERSON IS STILL ALIVE. WE HAVE HOSTILES IN THE AIR. REPEAT. WE HAVE HOSTILES IN THE AIR!"

#57 10/17/09 02:10

Stevinlewis

Since u guys r kinda busy. I wana write the next part. before this thing gets forgotten.

#58 10/17/09 03:10

Stevinlewis

Along the outskirts of Reco.... "Hey you alright Marty?" Said Amanda, trying to regain balance on the ground. "Argh those GPAs are going to pay for it." Said Marty. "Hey! Is anyone there! Are you the CI? FREEZE!" Shouted a voice coming from the bushes.

"CI? What the hell is that? No were from command base. Are you the GPA? You freaks are gonna get it from me" Said Marty as he got to his legs but he immediatly fell to the ground. "Your hurt. Hi my name is Jay. Someone said there might be more survivors here. Follow me, were moving to town." Said Jay.                                                                                 

Marty and Amanda climed onto the 4-wheel drive Hexler. The vehicle ,Hexley, wasent meant for 3 people. Instead, it was only meant for one. "Sorry guys this is all I have back at my home. Over at Reco we call the 'GPAs' or as you call it, the CI. Weve been fighting those bastards for a long time." Said Jay

"You said there were more survivors. How many did you guys find?" Said Amanda. "About 30 of em. 33? or sumthin? I'm not sure. Im just a recruit." Said Jay. "You mean you guys have an army in that city?." Said Marty. "No. Everyone there is a soldier." Jay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We have destroyed almost all the CIs but you guys better go, Ill have 2 members from mine cover you. Jackson go pick em up." Said Stone, the leader of the flight crew. Jackson's ship immediatly dropped to the ground but managed to stay in the air, levitating, waiting for Mai, Barabus, Griffin and Chan to get onboard."

"Alright hang on to your sits cause this is gonna be a wild ride." Said Jackson as the dropship lifted and flew into the air.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We lost them sir." Said Gary. "WHAT? THAT WAS SUCH AN EASY MISSION! PREVENT THEM FROM ESCAPING! THATS ALL. NOW THIS WHOLE THING IS DOWN BECAUSE OF ONE STUPID GUY'S FAULT." said Esly. The Commander over at the Indian CI. "ALL UNITS. THE TARGET HAS ESCAPED. BRING FORTH THE NUCLEAR ROCKET NOW!" shouted Esly.

#59 10/19/09 19:10

Leus
Website

What happens to Akemi and Casey and Edgar and them?  I'm tempted to write but I feel like I've been dominating the direction of the story.  Anyone?  Mukade?  Muro?

#60 10/19/09 21:10

Stevinlewis

Leus, they are busy its best if you write smile

#61 10/20/09 09:10

Muro

I'll write the next bit. Have to catch up first though which may take a little while smile

#62 10/20/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Sweet, I'm stoked for it.  smile

#63 10/20/09 22:10

Muro

Been reading a bit of the story. Some funky stuff so far  smile  Old enemy's helping out (who should almost certainly be dead.) and feeling remorseful. Everyone has a chrysalis. Griffin spying on Konoko in the shower with a device that can see through walls  yikes

#64 10/20/09 22:10

Leus
Website

Rofl oh yeah.  That shower bit was edited out by the mods, but I'd already copied the older version...  So, it's in there I guess.  Although wasn't it Mukade?  ...Hmm...

Lol.

Last edited by Leus (10/20/09 22:10)

#65 10/21/09 01:10

Stevinlewis

Okay I edited it to make me sound more mature. lol, read from the 3rd last paragraph onwards, its not a big edit but you can read it if you want smile. and it does corroborate with the follow posts and the next installment smile

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/21/09 02:10)

#66 10/21/09 13:10

Mukade

yeah agree it is a bit weird, and if we're gonna make it more cohesive, theres gonna be lots of big-time concept editing to go down smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#67 10/22/09 08:10

Iritscen

Stevinlewis wrote:

Okay I edited it to make me sound more mature. lol, read from the 3rd last paragraph onwards, its not a big edit but you can read it if you want smile. and it does corroborate with the follow posts and the next installment smile

Guess this means you can update the copy of the story on the wiki, Leus wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#68 10/29/09 10:10

Muro

Mai and the rest of the team tried to get as much sleep as possible on the flight back to their makeshift headquarters. In truth the trip hadn't been as productive as Mai had hoped. The Indian scientists hadn't come up with anything that her father James hadn't already improved upon himself. Certainly they already had the capacity to implant chrysalis in subjects without the inconvenience of holes developing in someones organs. Well they hadn't had a chance to fully question Mr Chen yet, maybe he was holding more answers than it first appeared. At the very least Mai wasn't qualified to question him on scientific matters. They would have to wait until they could introduce Chen to James, who was the authority on anything to do with the chrysalis.
James...
She longed to see him again and her dreams were filled with cloudy memories that she could barely piece together. She saw a little girl holding hands with a man running happily along a stone path, then the dream shifted to the same girl playing on a jungle gym in a public park while the man watched on and smiled. "Daddy.." Mai murmured in her sleep though it was lost in the constant roar of the airplanes engine.

The pilot Jackson was flying low as per Griffins instructions to avoid being picked up on radar. They had already narrowly missed getting shot down while leaving Indian air space. Griffin sat in the co-pilots seat to the left of Jackson staring out into the endless blue sky. In his mind he he hoped that his friends were all save and sound. Particularly his son Casey. "Hey Jackson, how long till we reach home?" he inquired. Jackson checked his instruments. "It'll be a few hours at the least. We have to take the long way around thanks to those BGI scum bags after all."
Griffin got up from his chair and started to walk towards the passenger compartment. He gave Jackson a encouraging nod before leaving the cockpit. Jackson returned the gesture with a thumps up. It never hurts to give the impression that you care about the people under your command as it will make them fight that much harder when the cards hit the table. That was one of the many lessons Griffin had learned while under command of the TCTF. Of course he was far too busy generally to actually care but its the image that counts. He strolled down the middle of the aisle taking care not to disturb the group of sleeping rebels. He saw Denton slumped over on one of the chairs sleeping like a baby. Marlowe had somehow ended up spread across two rows snoring loudly.  He made his way down the plane until he reached the door to the study. Well it was basically a white plastic table and chairs for business work but it was listed as a study.

He had to reach out a hand to steady himself as the plane shuddered a little. "Damn Jackson." He muttered.
"Well look who it is! Still up and around huh?" a familiar voice called out as Griffin walked into the study. "Barabus, Catching up on paperwork are we?" he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
Barabus started laughing hysterically "Hahahaha I like that sense of humor you have Griffin, its the only reason I haven't killed you yet." He smiled. Griffin raised a eyebrow as he sat down opposite from his host wondering if he was half joking or not.
His smile faded. "So do you think the good doctor will be of any help to us?" Griffin wasn't sure himself truth be told. "Well I'm no expert on the subject however the talk of defective chrysalis didn't leave me with much enthusiasm."
"Bahhhhh" Barabus snarled smacking a plastic cup across the room. The water left the table wet and slippery. Griffin removed his arm that was leaning on the table in support from it before he slipped over. "This has all been a massive waste of time! We need to get those bastards! Hit em where it hurts! Not waste time taking tropical holidays! Leave saving the world to Mai."
"Taking down BGI will not help the people Barabus. We need to think of the big picture here." Barabus looked him square in the eyes. "You know, helping the people is all well and all but" He pointed at Griffin "its not going to satisfy me in the least!"
"Well If you like I can share some information with you that I've been holding on to for the time being. How would you like to hurt BGI where it counts instead of killing off random patrols?"
Barabus seemed to calm down at the mention of something that would get him into the action again. A pleased look appeared on his face. "Go on. Whats this supposed information and way haven't I heard about it before now?"
"Well" Griffin continued on. "I still have a lot of friends inside the TCTF. One such friend passed on a choice bit of intel to me while I was away. Apparently one of the chief CEO's of BGI is going to attend a very important conference held in Washington. Well the part of it that isn't a poisoned cesspool. If we could somehow snag him alive and interrogate him we would have all the information we need to crush BGI!"
"Can your friend be trusted?"
"Yes, I've confirmed it myself using various sources. Its definitely going to happen."
"And when it does" Barabus continued with a look of relish on his face "We'll be there."

The rest of the trip back home was uneventful and as soon as the jet touched down they made their way to a concealed 6 wheeled truck hidden in some bushes. Mai noted with some uneasy that the vegetation was started to die in this area as well.  It seemed like everything was fighting for survival nowadays. It was nighttime when they arrived back in town thanks to delays while avoiding patrol groups.
Griffin was riding in the front cab with Jackson. "Kill the lights...Now!" he snapped. Jackson complied with a look of panic. "What is it?" He said "You see something?"
Griffin turned round to look at him. "Yeah. You see those lights at the entrance to town? Those are APCs with search lights. Let me get out and scout around for a bit. Wait here until I return."
Griffin opened the cab door and jumped to the ground. His hand landed in what looked like rotting cabbage. "Errrr just what I need" He wiped his hand on his combat leggings. He walked to the back of the truck and knocked on the back. Three knocked. No more, no less. That was the all clear signal. The back shutter rolled up and the many faces inside looked up at him wondering why they had suddenly stopped. Mai was the first to speak up. She climbed down onto the grass next to him. "Whats the hold up Griffin? We need to make it back before first light." Griffin beaconed her to follow him. They carefully made their way closer to the light sources using the cover of the woodlands. Mai almost tripped over a branch and cursed under her breath. "I think the BGI are still around. At the very least they have people stationed on the outskirts of town. Look over there." He said while pointing off into the darkness. Only the lights of houses and streetlamps could be made out. "I can't see anything."
Griffin reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of what she assumed would be night vision goggles. He passed them to her. She took them without saying a word. Could have used them earlier she thought to herself. The world was immediately cast in a ghostly green glow as she held them up to her head. She scanned around for a few minutes.
"See anything?" inquired Griffin.
Even in the nighttime gloom he could see that Mai had a strained look on her face. He knew the answer wouldn't be pleasant. "Yeah. A whole lot of BGI troops and vehicles. Searchlights. Barbed wire. Check points and even a few dog teams. It seems like getting back into town is going to be a lot more difficult than we first thought."

#69 10/29/09 11:10

Leus
Website

big_smile Glad to see activity here, although I'm really surprised no one has written about what's going on in HQ yet.  I almost half-expected the whole India trip to go off behind the scenes, but looks like it's shaping up to be the other way around.

Anyway, I've got work and homework, but if I decide to write the next part I'll let you guys know.  I'll try to be available soon.

#70 10/29/09 11:10

Muro

Oh whats going on in HQ? Its hard to remember everything going on with so many authors having their own little stories. Well maybe its because I had to read the whole thing instead of gradually like you guys smile

Also is there any way to say someones talking without using their name. Like Griffin said. using something like 'the former command said' sounds lame.

#71 10/29/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Casey hummed idly to himself.  It had been hours since he'd heard the roar of the jet fade away into the distance carrying with it his father.  Since they're reunited in the BGI lab a couple years ago, Casey and his father had really never been apart.  Casey was not used to this; he had a nagging, almost sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Got any twos?" Edgar prodded.

"Damnit," Casey said, tossing down a card.  Edgar chuckled maniacally and integrated the card into his own hand.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!  A polite knock came from the front door near where the two were playing cards.  Both looked up simultaneously.  Edgar furrowed his brow.  "Weird," he said, "it's always unlocked.  Must be a newbie."  Edgar got up and made his way over to the door.  He opened it to reveal a petite young woman.

"Hello," Hitoshi said, a blank expression on her face.

...from the end of my last post, and Hitoshi was introduced here if you missed it...

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 712#p18712

#72 10/29/09 11:10

Muro

Ah yes know I remember. I thought that was just something to show us what the other characters was up to to keep them in the picture. If you look at the last two story posts they have all been about India so i had to continue from there. I wasn't ignoring your bit all at.

Oh and also books have different stories going on at the same time. Different events happening at the same time at different places. While there over in India someone can tell the story of whats happening in the HQ.

Last edited by Muro (10/29/09 11:10)

#73 10/29/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Well yeah, for sure, I dig the India developments.  I'm just in suspense about the HQ situation.  I guess I'll have to write it to get myself off the edge of my seat, lol.

#74 10/29/09 19:10

Mukade

I have a couple things in mind myself for the good ol' HQ, if you decide to stop after they get past the BGI smile

up to you really

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#75 10/29/09 19:10

Leus
Website

What do you mean?  If you've got some ideas, go for it.  smile

Board footer