Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 10/22/09 16:10

Mukade

Re: Various New characters Project

it was just a comment, and either way the only way i would EVER spot that is a close up picture, in-game it would not be noticeable

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#52 10/22/09 17:10

Iritscen

So, Samoko, that definitely means you don't need to mess with the face anymore, right? smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#53 10/22/09 18:10

Samer
Website

mmm ok tongue

ok now here's  little update ... Thanks to Edt Finally the merging parts thing works big_smile gave him the com guy head set (mic) ... I haven't tried it myself yet but I will there are 4 variants 1 of them will be wearing sunglasses which I'm going to do next.

but I'm hesitating about something before I proceed

which coat shape looks better ?

Capture%20045.jpgCapture%20053.jpg

the first one is my modified version of the scientist coat the objective was to give him a more high collar coat like a detective's or something with a mysterious look

or this ?

Capture%20049.jpg
Capture%20057.jpg

this second one is the same as the scientists. unmodified.

I personally prefer the modified but I want to hear ur opinions

don't take into regard the size of the tie or badge this will change later ... like Iritscen suggested making the BGI badge the only one and increasing the tie and collar size

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#54 10/22/09 18:10

Mukade

if your gonna keep the modified version, make the collar taper more towards the end.. it goes down, then becomes flat, four sided, make it a triangle

good job to you and Edt with merging the parts

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#55 10/22/09 19:10

Samer
Website

mmm mukade can is there any way u can circle that part or draw over it (download the picture modify it then upload it)  bec I didn't quite get it :S  If possible

and thanks,  EdT figured it out in the end smile

btw noticed the eyebrow wink ?

#56 10/22/09 19:10

Mukade

i can do that

i didnt look at the eyebrow but its still offset BUT DONT WORRY!!! like i said, its barely noticeable on the photo and even less ingame when your bashing their face it. i dont want to to keep on feeling guilty by a little obervation i made
DWAI (dont worry about it)

MOdifiedBGI.jpg

allthe stuff in white goes out is what im saying, see what i mean? its now triangualr instead of trapezoid

Last edited by Mukade (10/22/09 19:10)

#57 10/22/09 19:10

EdT
Website

I like the modified coat.  BGI Executives cannot be seen wearing the same coat as lowly scientists!  smile

There should be a way directly in XSI to export the merged parts without the multiple meshes, but, I cannot find the way.  But in the meantime, the workaround should be fine.

#58 10/22/09 19:10

Samer
Website

yay Edt i was just sending u a PM smile thanks for the workaround .. I don't want u to keep putting effort into this while I'm sure u have many other projects u're working on ... the workaround is fine by me smile !

the modified coat likes u too ^_^ ( ok that made no sense tongue sorry)

@ Mukade i still didn't get it honestly tongue what changed ?
probably cz it's 3 am and I'm sleepy tongue I'll look at it tomorrow \ today . goes out u mean removed :S or pushed out ... 2omorrow xD

Last edited by Samer (10/22/09 19:10)

#59 10/22/09 19:10

Gumby

Did you use a particle or something? tongue

Could we get a side view showing the ear?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#60 10/22/09 19:10

EdT
Website

Gumby:  We were having problems exporting the modified TRBS with the merged parts (such as adding a mic), OniSplit would give an error: "System.NotSupportedException: Geometry geometries_18: Multiple primitive groups per mesh are not supported"

My work around was to export the TRBS as FBX, then use FBXConverter 2009.3 to convert it to DAE and then OniSplit will accept it.
Note, somehow the latest FBXConverter 2010, conversion causes as error with OniSplit, so, I reported it to Neo.

#61 10/22/09 20:10

Leus
Website

I like the pointy coat.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#62 10/22/09 20:10

Mukade

i mean its take out smile all that should be left is 3 sides to the collar

#63 10/23/09 03:10

Samer
Website

now i get it '^_^ But I don't think I can \ know to do that neutral deleting edges or polygons will mess the whole thing up ... keep in mind that there are 19 parts, the chest and the mid are separate parts i can't make them overlap

#64 10/23/09 13:10

Mukade

i don't pretend to know (yet) about all this XSI stuff, so im not gonna force the issue at all, just stating my opinion. If you can't do it, it's all the same to me smile

#65 10/23/09 14:10

Mukade

Whoops sry, it lag posted double the same message on me tongue

Last edited by Mukade (10/23/09 14:10)

#66 10/24/09 07:10

Samer
Website

Here's a new update big_smile

I fixed the collar, tie and badge and If there are no other things that need fixing ... I'm going to do the other 2 variants (which will basically look the same but with different hair color) or maybe 1 with more technology (basically a striker's visor on one of his eyes how does that sound ? ) then I'll move to the custom TRAC

I think they look good big_smile

Capture%20182.jpg

#67 10/24/09 09:10

EdT
Website

Looking very good!

#68 10/24/09 09:10

Iritscen

I like the overall look a lot.  Few comments, though:
1. Dressing similar is okay, but somehow having the same tie color might seem weird for a roomful of BGI execs.*

2. I should have spoken up sooner, but I'm not sure that the headsets really fit this kind of character.  Right now the script calls for these guys all appearing together, in a room with lots of screens that they use to monitor situations.  It might look funny for them to all have headsets on.  Plus, that is a fairly conventional headset, which is fine for the Comguy, but a bit low-tech by BGI standards.  It's primitive even compared to those Bluetooth headsets people walk into Starbucks with in 2009!  I would recommend just a piece in the ear, a là U.S. Secret Service agents, at the most.  Remember, in Ghost in the Shell they don't even need to wear anything, they have cerebral implants for communication!  So we want to go really low-profile with any sort of headset technology.

3. I prefer your suggestion of a visor to the shades on the blonde guy, because visors can indicate weird, unknown technology or a medical condition on the part of the wearer, whereas shades such as the blonde guy are wearing will be out of place in a (possibly) windowless meeting room.  We might yet have a place for a BGI exec to appear outside that room, so don't ditch the model with the shades, but just try to picture the meeting room and do what makes sense for that setting when tackling the other characters.  Weird implants in general are a good idea to give certain execs distinguishing traits, even though we'll want some execs to look pretty normal.

4. I think you lost track of it back when we talked about the badges and other things at once, but I was hoping we could go back to the actual BGI logo for the badge.

Is this too much feedback at once?  Hopefully you're not overwhelmed ^_^

*We never discussed how many execs are needed, did we?  We're planning for one of those typical "long table of plotters and schemers" scenes you see in animé all the time.  Conventions dictate having about six characters so we can fill the table by having two on each long side and one at each end ^_^

Edit: Don't forget to think about varying ages, esp. because BGI goes back a ways in the history of Oni's world, so it would be odd if everyone was thirty-something.

#69 10/24/09 10:10

Samer
Website

1.  Aren't they supposed to have a unified uniform hmm ? and I  like the creepy cloned aspect tongue (like Matrix agents) but I guess i can make 2 of them wear another color tie ... it will require me to re-edit the TRMAs

2. The mic thing EdT and I invested a lot of effort into figuring out how to combine the parts,
and I'm not willing to let go of it tongue and I think it is more fitting into the Oni universe
But I can do one variant with a little mic piece ... I can not remove it now cz I have modified the TRBS a lot and based all other changes on it .. textures and else it will really mess things up for me and require more effort than I'm willing to put.

the shades thing : Konoko wears shades in the Regional state building and in the pitch black  rooftops where it makes absolutely no sense to wear them . + I think it's a better way for them to mingle while still looking normal but hiding their technologically enhanced eyes but there will be variants without shades.

I don't picture them at all to just sit in a room watching ... again, I think of them more like the agents from the Matrix ... and with all the respect to geyser whom i haven't had the pleasure to meet yet (on the forum) and to his vision to what the BGi executives are all about, I disagree and can't make myself adopt that vision, of them being passive.
I have another character in mind as the BGI boss whom I'm also working on. and I am going to give them advanced fighting skills. whether the AE wants to use them in a fight is up to u guys but I want them to be available for myself and other modders who can use them in other not "official AE" scripts the way they see fit.

also I have never watched Ghost in Shell .. the first time i get acquainted with that title is when I downloaded Motoko

The BGI logo I didn't know that was the official one ... I'll try to use it .. it's really small though :S I'm not sure it will be visible except if I make it a horizontal  rectangular instead of square.

The new characters package that comes with the AE has 4 variants of them with Tanker's and Muro's TRACs ... so i was originally just planning to make 4 but i will throw in extra 2

here's what we'll have

1- Black haired - no shades - no visor - with mic set ... young - green eyes

2- Blond Haired - with shades no visor - with mic set ... young - green eyes

3- Brown Haired - with shades no visor with mic set ... young - red eyes

4- Lighter Brown Hair - without shades - without visor - with mic set ... old - red eyes

5- Grey Hair - without shades - with visor - without mic set but instead a drawn small one in the ear ... old ... red eyes

6- Red Haired - without shades - with visor - with mic set ... young ... green eyes

the visor is going to cover 1 eye only.

EDIT : the new logo looks nice ... :)and I will give some of them dark red ties and others dark violet ties besides the green ones.

Last edited by Samer (10/24/09 11:10)

#70 10/24/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Maybe these guys should be BGI warriors of some sort and use a different model for execs?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#71 10/24/09 19:10

Samer
Website

why ?

#72 10/24/09 19:10

Leus
Website

'Cause the AE team is planning a very specific BGI level and it's not fitting in with your design.

#73 10/24/09 20:10

Gumby

Leus wrote:

'Cause the AE team is planning a very specific BGI level and it's not fitting in with your design.

Thanks for the support...if we don't like his characters, or believe they won't fit into our design, we won't use them. That simple. smile

For now, none of our designs have an actual BGI executive fight. Of course, nothing is final, but at this point, we don't see it as likely.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#74 10/24/09 20:10

Iritscen

Right.  The purpose of my earlier posts was to give Samoko an idea of our needs, to give him the chance to make something that will get used in the AE; if I know, for instance, that we aren't going to have Konoko fight the head guys in BGI, then I would hate to see him spend time on things that won't meet our needs (like making custom movesets) when he could use that time to do something that would definitely get used (like making six BGI execs instead of four).

But it's his call if he wants to go in a different direction.  I just wanted to prevent Samoko from being hurt later if he found out that his hard work wouldn't be used because it didn't meet our needs.

#75 10/24/09 20:10

Leus
Website

But you don't have any solid concepts of BGI bad guys right?  I think Samoko's current concepts would be pretty sweet as an awesome BGI opponent, like the agents he was referencing.

Board footer