Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/22/09 08:10

Stevinlewis

Re: Trading Card game!Weeee

Okay here what I think: When people buy a starter deck of cards (Inside with 10 cards) They can chooese either TCTF or Syndicate.

So starter deck for TCTF: 1) TCTF officer (you know ther ones in blue uniform no armor at all) (Like Jim from my movie in Ep1) smile. 2)TCTF agent (Forgot what they are called) (Like Jim in my movie in Ep2). and TCTF trooper

Starter deck for Syndicate: The guys whom left (or right eyes) have the red glow or light thingy (Brown suit, blue suit, red suit).

Okay here are the rules:
1) Each person starts by drawing 5 cards from his/ her deck.
2)Each deck has only a maximum of 60 cards. Munimum of 40 cards.
3)Each round, you can only use two cards. The two cards can be anything. from powerups to units
4)During a round, draw the same number of cards as the number you used.
5)Intermediate level cards can only be used after 5 rounds of play.
6)Master cards can only be used after 10 rounds of play.
7) 1 deck can have as many starter cards, only 15 intermediate cards and only 5 master cards.
8)Any units cards summoned must wait for one round (unless using a powerup) before fighting. This is because they need to enter the battle field.
9) A person is considered "lose" when he has run out of cards

Okay absorb everything first. Im going to start with starter deck. Then to intermediate (With black ops and the barabus- alike you know the guy who is fat and big who can roll on the floor) And the final one, master, with konoko casey and those important people.

TCTF officers:
HP:500
Attacking damage:50
Defensive: absorb 10%
Special move: Call for reinforcements*. Can only be used after every 3 rounds.

TCTF agents:
HP: 500
Attacking damage:20
Defensive damage: Absorb 40%
Special move:Activate exo suit which gives an extra 50 hp. Lasts for 2 rounds. Can only be used after 4 rounds.

Syndicate Brown:
Attacking damage:100
Defensive damage:absorb 20%
Special move:Accuracy + 5%

Syndicate blue:
HP:510
Attacking damage:110
Defensive damage: absorb 10%
Special move:Gunning damage adding 5%

Syndicate red:
HP: 515
Attacking damage:115
Defensive damage:absorb 15%
Special move:1 hit critical death. Can only be used once every 5 rounds.

*Dublicating the character itself by calling in reinforcements. So instead of having one officer, we have two now. and it lasts for the whole game.However duplicating must have another of the same card in hand

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/23/09 00:10)

#27 10/22/09 08:10

Stevinlewis

Tell me what you think. Is it fair between all units? Try playing the game and try to find "glitches" and tell me the flaw in the games so that I can add  more rules smile

#28 10/22/09 09:10

3llense'g

Stevinlewis wrote:

Okay here what I think: When people buy a starter deck of cards (Inside with 10 cards) They can chooese either TCTF or Syndicate.
1) Each person starts by drawing 10 cards from his/ her deck.
2)Each deck has only a maximum of 60 cards. Munimum of 40 cards.

You seem to contradict yourself here. Also, isn't a 10 card hand a bit too much? And a 10 card starter deck too small?

3)Each round, you can only use two cards. The two cards can be anything. from powerups to units

That's a bit harsh, imho.

4)During a round, draw the same number of cards as the number you used.
5)Intermediate level cards can only be used after 5 rounds of play.
6)Master cards can only be used after 10 rounds of play.
7) 1 deck can have as many starter cards, only 15 intermediate cards and only 5 master cards.

That's somewhat like what I was planning with character level. And card cost, which I didn't work out yet.

8)Any units cards summoned must wait for one round (unless using a powerup) before fighting. This is because they need to enter the battle field.

Again, a bit harsh. They entered the battle field when you drew them from the deck, ne?

9) A person is considered "lose" when he has run out of cards

Um, I don't see the corelation with losing cards and losing the game. And what if you draw 10 equipment on the first round? You have to discard and effectively lose points.

Okay absorb everything first. Im going to start with starter deck. Then to intermediate (With black ops and the barabus- alike you know the guy who is fat and big who can roll on the floor) And the final one, master, with konoko casey and those important people.

TCTF officers:
Attacking damage:50
Defensive: absorb 10%
Special move: Call for reinforcements*. Can only be used after every 3 rounds.

TCTF agents:
HP: 500
Attacking damage:20
Defensive damage: Absorb 40%
Special move:Activate exo suit which gives an extra 50 hp. Lasts for 2 rounds. Can only be used after 4 rounds.

Syndicate Brown:
Attacking damage:100
Defensive damage:absorb 20%
Special move:Accuracy + 5%

Syndicate blue:
HP:510
Attacking damage:110
Defensive damage: absorb 10%
Special move:Gunning damage adding 5%

Syndicate red:
HP: 515
Attacking damage:115
Defensive damage:absorb 15%
Special move:1 hit critical death. Can only be used once every 5 rounds.

*Dublicating the character itself by calling in reinforcements. So instead of having one officer, we have two now. and it lasts for the whole game.However duplicating must have another of the same card in hand

I don't know, man. I was thinking that the original health from the game is too much book-keeping, and you went and multiplied them with 10.  yikes
Can you imagine having 3 (I'm planning along those numbers) characters in battle, each with their own health of 500+, slowly (or not so slowly) adjusting them for damage? You'd need a calculator and a notepad.  hmm

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#29 10/23/09 00:10

Stevinlewis

SO what do you have in mind

#30 10/23/09 02:10

3llense'g

Stevinlewis wrote:

SO what do you have in mind

How do you mean? I already posted my outline...  tongue

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#31 10/23/09 05:10

Stevinlewis

Show us what you have in mind. We can compare and create a better one

#32 01/12/10 22:01

Ridrave

Lol Stevinlewis Nice Trading Card Game Idea, I Try To Make A Card or 2 Using Photoshop With My Little Imagination...... Well... Later ..... But Its A Bit Gay..... Anyway I Try To Create One Just For Fun smile

mycharactercreation1.gif

#33 01/13/10 05:01

Unit 2

You know, the Freespace community at Hard-Light created their own card game.

#34 01/14/10 14:01

Phydur

if anyone signs up for CMC let me know, and i can help you get started. and play a few matches against you, btw.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#35 02/07/10 22:02

Archer Monkey

Yo, I use a graphics program.  big_smile

I was thinking maybe I could take the idea from 3llense'g in the first page and add a few of my own ideas. I'll post the images soon and see what you guys think!

#36 02/10/10 16:02

paradox-01

Phydur wrote:

i personaly like the idea of an Oni tcg, but it takes a lot of work to make one balanced.

In theory: as more contributers exist as less one person has to do, and if someone takes (few or all) rules from another tcg game then he/we could use the time on making the cards.

Speaking of actual work, its a good idea if curious people try out themself on this matter.  For example, the Magic card editor makes it really easy to create cards. There are various designs to choose. (Magic*, Vangard, VS*, Yu-Gi-Oh | * coming in diverse styles)

I must admit that I even became to lazy to search for / make screenshots / images for my set. Ahm, why I'm here then? Can't really say (cuz I don't think the "final product" will go far without a web application), but we have already two(!) threads about an Oni training card game so I will just throw in my thoughts/stuff for now... and maybe you decide to pick it up, draw inspiration from it, whatever ... later or not...

http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/download

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/139715/Oni_Magi … ackage.zip

Oni_Magic_TN.jpg

#37 02/11/10 21:02

Stevinlewis

It looks good. I do have loads of inspiration for this and love to do this however i cant seem to have the time T.T. Too many projects in real life. ><

Board footer