Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/01/07 23:07

geyser
Website

Crawling Mix (Hybrid Theory)

Finally sat down and mixed a few Oni quotes into Linkin Park's Crawling (from Hybrid Theory).
Starring Kerr. Here's the result: http://geyser.oni2.net/audio/music/misc/CrawlingMix.mp3
I have a few regrets about this first take, but it's not too bad, I think. Hope you like it.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL
FEAR IS HOW I FALL, CONFUSING WHAT IS REAL

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface, consuming, confusing
This lack of self-control I fear is never-ending, controlling, I can't seem...
...to find myself again, my walls are closing in (without a sense of confidence, I'm convinced that it's just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before, SO INSECURE...

Discomfort, endlessly, has pulled itself upon me, distracting (distracting), reacting
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection (my own reflection), it's haunting (it's haunting) how I can't seem...
...to find myself again, my walls are closing in (without a sense of confidence, I'm convinced that it's just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before, SO INSECURE...

FEAR IS HOW I FALL, CONFUSING, CONFUSING WHAT IS REAL
There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface,  consuming... (CONFUSING WHAT IS REAL...)
This lack of self-control I fear is never-ending, controlling... (CONFUSING WHAT IS REAL...)

As for the Oni quotes, they're all from CHAPTER 12: SINS OF THE FATHER.
The idea here is to develop the more disturbing dimension of the Daodan.
See here for more: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Daodan#Added_value

Last edited by geyser (07/02/07 11:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#2 07/02/07 02:07

Tyr
Website

Re: Crawling Mix (Hybrid Theory)

Nice! I like it big_smile!
The song really fits with it and especially the start is nice (of course its nice all the way through wink big_smile)

#3 07/02/07 12:07

geyser
Website

Re: Crawling Mix (Hybrid Theory)

The start sounds a lot better than the rest, yes. Kerr is an old man, and speaks in a low voice, almost whispering at times.
So except for the first 2 quotes, I had to amplify him, and as a result he sounds loud and doesn't fit in the original balance.
Also, apart from his first 2 quotes and the last, all of Kerr's phrases are more or less interferring with LP's lyrics.
The two phrases I injected into the INSECURE... pre-choruses sound a bit redundant to me. And rather random
(maybe not as random as "Now this may... sting a bit" or Griffin's "I'm sorry. I can't help you now. No one can")
As for the final choruses, I merely sketched the idea: the panning tirades are maybe too loud and repetitive.
(maybe I can find a better, more subtle way to make the disturbing "it grows" permeate the last chorus)
Oh well, I kept the complete project file so I can always come back to this when I feel more inspired.

See ASFO2 for the connection between Oni and Crawling (and Oni and Hybrid Theory, and Oni and other song lyrics).
As for Crawling, I consider it as an obvious soundtrack for an Oni AMV.
Would you guys like to contribute to the storyboard for such an AMV?
I might set up free-for-all AMV storyboards on the wiki one of these days.

Last edited by geyser (07/02/07 13:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer