Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 08/28/08 14:08

Striker

Re: Who is the most toughest opponent for you?

Ninjas for me are really easy. Tankers are the worst. In total, the worst is snipers. You cant know where the bullet is gonna go next - into the wall, or into your head...

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#27 08/28/08 15:08

Iritscen

You have to almost count in your head with the snipers.  I usually run for cover like mad, but I successfully ducked a Mercury Bow shot the other day just to see if I could.  Isn't it precisely 3 seconds between shots?

That being said, I have a lot of trouble with Ninjas and Tankers, so I'm no vidmaster.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#28 08/29/08 15:08

Muro

I think its about 5 seconds for each shot. I actually run at them while moving side to side. Works nearly all of the time.

When a Ninja knocks you down don't get up right away as they down their jump special. Get up as they do it and try to turn around to face them. This way you have a chance of hitting them or blocking.

#29 08/29/08 15:08

demos_kratos

the only dangerous situation for me is fighting mukade with 50 hp, no weapon and no hypos
anythig else... eeeh... "someway, somehow"...

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#30 08/30/08 02:08

Void KD

now when I think about it... Sniper guys are the worse. I mean I know where they are and that they're gonna shoot me, but I always get hit. and I personally don't have problems with tankers or strikers.

#31 09/08/08 03:09

azewrath

IMHO, the toughest would be the Barabas' trained soldiers. THey love to block, have high hp, 1 unblockable attck, and they have a knack of overusing their choke-slam-punch throw. OUCH!!

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

#32 10/17/08 13:10

Lithium

The final fight with muro, the one where griffin helps.Its hard because your allies die and you have to fight Muro and his minions by urself

Last edited by Lithium (05/11/16 19:05)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#33 10/17/08 21:10

RuthgerMiles

I think the engineers, haha no eehh i think the Elite strikers too

You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

#34 10/17/08 23:10

Lithium

Oh not a boss. MMMM probably the tankers, they piss me off.

#35 10/20/08 12:10

MKUltra

Muro wrote:

I think its about 5 seconds for each shot. I actually run at them while moving side to side. Works nearly all of the time.

When a Ninja knocks you down don't get up right away as they down their jump special. Get up as they do it and try to turn around to face them. This way you have a chance of hitting them or blocking.

The manual states that the Mercury Bow fire rate is 1 shot per 5sec. It is the 2nd slowest firing rate of all the listed weapons (aside from the Wave Motion Cannon, which is listed as "??????".

The slowest firing weapon in the game is the Screaming Cannon, which fires at a rate of 1 shot every 10 seconds. :-/

And snipers are a real pain... Especially when they are in a spot where you cannot sneak up on them and simply disarm them, like in the final level.

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#36 09/17/09 20:09

Samer
Website

the toughest for me are the red furies
then red ninjas then red strikers
then red tankers
then red elites ... i find them easy bec they are slow in getting up ...

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#37 09/17/09 20:09

Leus
Website

I think the toughest for me would probably be the red elites and red ninjas.  The elites, I just can't convince myself to take things slow with them and I just barrage attacks at them, they block one, and suddenly I'm vulnerable and they knock me down.  Ninjas are just too good at dodging and countering.

Everyone else is pretty average.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#38 09/17/09 20:09

myplea1

The elites ninja's are good but not too difficult i find my prob is with machine guns  hmm  i can never avoid them and they take out a lot of my hp especially with more than one. otherwise it depends on my fighting styles i have a hit and run style which works great in groups, i have a more fancy style with more specials, or direct punch fighting.

Awol

#39 09/18/09 09:09

RuthgerMiles

Iritscen wrote:

You have to almost count in your head with the snipers.  I usually run for cover like mad, but I successfully ducked a Mercury Bow shot the other day just to see if I could.  Isn't it precisely 3 seconds between shots?

That being said, I have a lot of trouble with Ninjas and Tankers, so I'm no vidmaster.

lol i had a sick kill once, i trew a tctf black ops with a leg trow into the sniper shot big_smile, i wish i record it tongue

You play to much oni if: You paint your hair purple, call your little brother Muro and beats him up 3 times a day like this...

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

#40 09/18/09 09:09

Iritscen

In a perfect world, Oni would have Marathon's auto-recording feature, where your current session is saved as a film temporarily and you can back out to the Main Menu to save it permanently when you're done playing.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#41 09/18/09 14:09

Mukade

for me as Mukade, its the chicks that get me Konoko, Karen, and Furies... and yes the strikers are annoying, but one on one i tear them to pieces

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#42 09/19/09 16:09

Unit 2

I hate tankers. Their attacks always get me. Second worst is ninjas, they just don't stop moving!

#43 09/21/09 14:09

Mukade

ninjas, form what i can tell, are meant specifically for 1v1 combat

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#44 09/21/09 16:09

Lithium

wat about them robuts

#45 09/22/09 13:09

Mukade

naww....

#46 09/24/09 10:09

RuthgerMiles

I dislike the Comguy/striker combi.. cuz the striker punches you down,, then that comguy is using his static fist.. and then they do it al over not that their hard to beat but they deal the most damage to me. Tankers and Elite Strikers are just too slow :$

crazydolfightom4lk0.gif

#47 06/19/11 03:06

Yoriko

Hardest fight with regular enemies for me has gotta be when you face a red and a blue ninja in the dream lab, I've got no problem facing a lone ninja (You just gotta watch what they're doing) but when I face two high ranked ninjas they usually kick the shit out of me. Especially if they have a permanent phase cloak hmm
I've never had any big problems with the elite strikers and the tankers, maybe it's beacause I always focus on using my superior speed to my advantage. (may it be any game)

Last edited by Yoriko (06/19/11 03:06)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#48 06/19/11 11:06

Lithium

Necro.gif

Ninjas can throw off guard with their kick special (flip up into the air and land on you) sad

#49 06/19/11 12:06

Yoriko

I find it hard to anticipate if they are going to do a running kick, running slide or attempt to pounce you (running throw) when they come running at you :S

Last edited by Yoriko (06/19/11 12:06)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#50 06/20/11 09:06

SektorZ
Website

Snipers are easy as hell, you just run to side to side until they shoot (they will 100% miss), then run towards them, slap them with one finger and they're dead.

Toughest enemies would have to be the Tankers and Elite Strikers indeed...

Board footer