Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 09/14/09 15:09

Samer
Website

Re: Oni Joint Story, First Installment: Salvation

I liked what u wrote Mukade ^_^ I felt like i'm really watching it ... I liked the griffin konoko bonding that's kinda what I was hoping for big_smile

Last edited by Samer (09/14/09 15:09)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#27 09/15/09 15:09

Mukade

why thank you... im not toocrazy about modifying what other ppl have in mind for the direction, but i can certainly work on developping personality and such. i read alot and pick some things up so my writing sounds more proffesional ^_^

who's gonna write next? i don't wanna write twice in a row, i dont have any thoughts

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#28 09/15/09 16:09

myplea1

Lol this is like the RPG again but without our own charecters.

Awol

#29 09/15/09 22:09

love_Oni

The story is getting better and better. I can believe it. big_smile

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#30 09/16/09 16:09

Mukade

cmon lol, it wont be going long if someone else doesnt write.. or at least give me somewhere to go and ill write again :

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#31 09/16/09 16:09

Samer
Website

ok ok i'll write the next part tongue shhh

#32 09/16/09 16:09

Mukade

yay! srsly tho, i agree this is awesome and very (or at least semi) believeable so far big_smile
when e get far enough, im tempted to compile it all into one book like thing... (i guess i couldnt actually publish it since i dont have the rights tongue)

#33 09/16/09 16:09

myplea1

Sell it to the owners big_smile 2mil

Awol

#34 09/16/09 16:09

Mukade

lol, if only  roll

#35 09/16/09 17:09

Samer
Website

so Griffin do u have any idea where we might find Mukade ?

"yes ... just before we went to fight against muro ... our intelligence received info that he was seen alive again ... the thing is that data remained confidential in the TCTF head quarters ...

u mean the head quarters that is now some ruins -_-

the vault would have survived the explosion ... that's where i kept the data ...

the vault as in the vault where u used shinitama against me ?

yeah ...sorry about that ...

so we're going to the headquarters ... great !

except for the fact it will be crawling with BGI agents ...

come on old man ... I'll protect u wink

they're tougher than u think Mai ... we'll have to be very careful ...

ok how we're gonna get there ? we can't exactly drive the tctf truck nor just walk in !

we'll hitchhike of course  "Griffin said with a smile ...

as they stood on the road close to the safe zone ...

a truck pulled over ! hey we meet again the driver said talking to Mia ! 

"OH hi ! it's u ... "it was the same driver who picked her up to the safe zone ...
listen we need a lift ...

"Sure ... Sure ! come in I can use the company !" I'm just watching some Tv

"Do u know this guy ?" said Griffin

"kinda yeah he's sweet ... " said mai as she climbed to the front seat

how has ur daughter been she asked ...

Oh she's such a little devil tongue ! . I just wish I could be with her more ... instead of being useless on this stupid truck

hey u're not being useless u're being our driver tongue said mia jokingly ...

heh i guess so, is this ur uncle that u were telling me about ? asked the driver ...

mm no said mai with sadness as she remembered how kerr's death was caused by griffin ...

Griffin interrupted "No ... I'm just ... a"

"an old family friend ... said mia smiling gently to Griffin ... these few days she's spent with griffin have taught her to forgive or at least to start to ...

"so where r u going guys ? "

"do u know where the TCTF building used to be ? answered mia ...

"Oh no, u're kidding me that area is not safe anymore ! ... "

"It's absolutely necessary that we go there !! "

"I'm afraid that's impossible sweet heart :S  I can get u close enough though "

ok that will have to do said griffin ...

an hour or so later ... they came close to a familiar street ... at least it would have been more familiar if it weren't for the fog the ruined buildings and the lack of liveliness .... that's as close as i get said the driver

It's ok smile thanks for everything ... said konoko ...

WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM FOR AN URGENT NEWS FLASH said the reporter on the tv the driver was watching ...

OH I hate when they do that !! complained the driver .

konoko's picture showed up on the screen !

THIS WOMAN IS AN ARMED AND DANGEROUS MURDERER SHE AND HER ACCOMPLICE ARE VERY DANGEROUS THOSE WHO COME IN CONTACT WITH THEM MUST REPORT IMMEDIATELY !

what the he... !!! the driver said frightened ! u're "please please don't hurt me ... I have a family"  (sounds familiar guys tongue ?)

"we are not going to hurt anyone" said konoko "look at me ... do i look like a murderer to u ? "

"mmm no no i guess not but they never do :\ "

look we are the good guys and if we don't go and do what we have to do .. ur little girl will be growing up in a poison atmosphere all her short lived life ...  is that what u want ?

mm no no I don't know :S

"LOOK PAL WE ARE LEAVING THIS INSTANT" INTERRUPTED GRIFFIN

easy there "no need for violence" trembled the driver ...
yes griffin there is no need for violence said konoko ... let's go ...thanks for the lift again ... and I'm trusting u to not report us ... just trust ur heart smile said mia as she came down from the truck followed by Griffin ...

"we could have taken him out " said Griffin ...

"that's ur answer to everything, isn't it "

" I just hope this won't come back to bite us" he said

" GUYS WAIT UP " the driver yelled ... I think u need to take this with u ... as he threw down some uniforms to them like his own

"Oh thank u !! Mia said ... this should come in handy ...

good luck the driver said as he drove away ...

they changed into the uniforms

ok the building or what's left of it is right there said griffin .. let's move

"u look cute by the way" said konoko mockingly tongue

uhuh -_-  so if we run into agents we'll be saying " I'm just here to replace the equipment ?"

"that's the plan commander smile !"

I thought this place would be crawling with agents ... konoko wondered

"yes they try to avoid being in the toxic atmosphere as much as possible ... but it is strange that there aren't any agents" Griffin said "or maybe we're walking into a trap" he continued

"or maybe we are just being lucky ! let's get a move on said konoko ...

ok listen there is a secret passage that leads into the vault follow me ...

mm that building had more secrets than i knew, konoko said.

they walked thru a dark tunnel relying only on Grifin's memory ...  ok we're here the vault should be behind the door ...

they pushed on a secret door and were into the vault just to the right of Griffin's desk ...

"OK THAT WAS EASY ! konoko exclaimed way easy !!!  the vault was almost pitch dark except for the damaged electrical wires giving a spark every now and then ...

"I agree ... Oh no look ! "to the far corner there were 5 agents ... dead and brutally beaten up !!

Oh my God ! who could have done that ! said Mai

no no no ! i think i know who !! said Griffin I thought he would have perished by the explosion !

what are u talking about ! konoko yelled !

remember when the syndicate attacked our building and kidnapped shinitama

of course how could i forget ! i killed Barabus

"not exactly !! u weakened him greatly and he was starting to recover so we just kept him in a secure prison upstairs, but we didn't anticipate the explosion it might have ...  "

"freed him ... u're kidding me ! "

"NO NO ... HE'S NOT" a familiar disturbing voice said from the dark ... "I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR U ! KONOKO ... U CAN'T DEFEAT ME I ONLY GROW ...STRONGER AND STRONGER !!"

"hello Barabas" ...

"LET'S GET IT ON !!"

Last edited by Samer (09/17/09 10:09)

#36 09/16/09 19:09

Leus
Website

I'm gonna write the next part right now.  Should be up before too long.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#37 09/16/09 19:09

Samer
Website

ok i'll be waiting to read it ^_^

#38 09/16/09 20:09

Leus
Website

"We don't have time for this," Mai said.  "Just give it up.  Your boss is dead."

"Ha.  Unlikely," Barabas scoffed.

"I felt his spine shatter beneath my heel," Griffin chimed in, sharing a satisfied glance with his purple-haired partner.  "A little move I picked up from a friend."

"I never got a chance to thank you for that, by the way," Mai said.  Griffin responded only with a small nod, and a smile which Mai returned.

"Well," said Barabas, his tone slightly more agitated.  "If this IS true, why shouldn't I be killing you both twice as hard?"

"Because his plan, although not fully executed, has been set in motion," Griffin explained.  "The atmosphere is dying as we speak."

"Hahaha!" Barabas chortled.  "Perfect!"

"Why?" Mai inquired.

Barabas paused.  "What?" was the only word he could find.

"Why is that perfect?  What do you gain from that?" Mai shot back.

"The poisoned air can't hurt me," Barabas began.  "I'm all powerful.  I'll live on while the others die."  The expression on his face clearly indicated the doubt in his words.

"And what does that get you?" Mai prodded, saying what barely needed to be said.

"I mean, not EVERYONE will die.  Some will buy the chrysalis--"

"And will be JUST as powerful as you!" Mai interrupted.

"But the money they'll pay..." Barabas trailed off.

"Will be useless as the world's economy collapses," Mai retorted.  Barabas looked left and right.  He clenched his eyes shut and clutched his head with both hands.

"I can't believe this blithering buffoon never even thought--" Griffin was interrupted.

"That's enough," Mai said.  "What's past is past.  You've got to realize that, both of you.  All we can do now is fight for what's right for the future."

Barabas emitted a sudden roar.  "My whole life!" he growled.  His breathing was heavy and rapid.

"Barabas," Mai snapped sternly.  "I realize how hard this must be.  The further you've climbed up a certain ladder, the harder it is to let go.  But you've got to let go now.  The longer you hold on, the more time you waste."

Barabas let out a final sigh.  "That bastard," he stated simply, angrily.

"Griffin.  The computer," Mai ordered.  Griffin nodded and headed to the monitor.  He began to type rapidly.  Mai and Barabas walked up behind him.

"Oh God," Barabas muttered.  "If all I've ever fought for has been meaningless, then all those things I did..." he trailed off.  Mai looked into his eyes and his gaze met hers.  "All those people..."

Mai was wordless as she stared into Barabas.  Tears began to roll slowly down his nearly shimmering-white cheeks.  "Why?" he asked, looking at Mai but speaking to no one.  "Why did you do this to me?  Why did you put this pain in me?  Why now?"

Mai held his gaze, remaining stoic.  Barabas' lip quivvered, his weeping picking up.

"Oh, calm down, you big ba--"

"SHUT!" Mai interrupted Griffin.  "Up.  If anyone should be breaking down right now, it's YOU.  YOU committed your vile acts under the guise of fighting for justice.  Barabas only ever did what he BELIEVED was right."

"I ALWAYS fought for justice!" Griffin shot back.  "But everything's not as cut and dry, black and white as people like YOU like to think.  Corners must be cut, sacrifices must be made..."

"We don't have time for this," Mai cut him off.  "Although I should have known you believed it too.  Even in my line of work, it's impossible to wrap my head around how warped some perceptions can be.  But people always do what they feel is right.  Always."

"This is all happening so fast," Barabas spoke up.

"But we've got to be faster," Mai replied.  "You can take the time to absorb this all once we've saved the world."

"Got it!" Griffin declared.  Mai and Barabas turned to face the screen...

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#39 09/16/09 20:09

Samer
Website

mmm nice i would have saved that speech for mukade and made Barabas all crazy :\ tongue ... but what the hell the more the merrier tongue

hope someone new volunteers to continue the story ^_^ It's exciting I must say big_smile if not I could continue but not soon :\

#40 09/16/09 20:09

Samer
Website

Barabas always seemed like a cry baby to me  lol  lol

Last edited by Samer (09/16/09 20:09)

#41 09/16/09 22:09

Mukade

its good that you kept Mai and Griffen still t odds a bit with each other... ive got the next part, but ill write it tomorrow. ive got t go now :3

#42 09/17/09 14:09

Samer
Website

are u gonna write it or should I :\ ?

#43 09/17/09 14:09

Mukade

(here im going to assume that Leus doesnt know what was on the screen, so im hoping im not going to take this into a completely different direction smile )

On the screen was displayed a map with one point flashing red. Konoko groaned.

"You're kidding me right?"

"If only i were"

The red dot was poised just above the warehouse where the whole thing had started.

"Are you sure? That seems to obvious for..."

Then she felt it.... faint, but definately there. A feeling, as if someone wre calling out to her in a dream, she couldn't describe it. She felt compelled to follow it, and it led to the warehouse.
It's like he wants me to find him....

"Yes, he's there all right."

"Why the sudden change of mind? How can you be sure? He could have moved on by now.  I'll be honest, I wasn't planning on finding him flat out, i WAS planning on going there to find a trail."

"I just know..."

"How?"

" I JUST DO!!"

Griffen frowned at her, but didn't say anything. The feeling still disturbed Mai, the same way it disturbed her on that rooftop chase. The way he'd goaded her, and the worst part is, every word he had said was true. Why was she connected to him and not Muro, Barabas or Griffen?
She needed answers.

"Alright, I'll trust you on this one."

Mai thought of a snappy retort, but she bit it back. Griffen was no longer her boss, but her equal. He had clearly changed himself, and he had come to help her when she needed him. It was now time for her to start forgiving him. She turned to Barabas.

"Were these all of them?" She asked, gesturing to the mangled BGI agents.

"These are the ones that either froze in terror when they saw me or decided they were invincible. Some of the smarter ones turned tail to cry to their mommies and bring back some heavier guns."

At his mention of havy guns, his eyes glazed over for a second and she saw his fingers twitch, and Mai realized he missed his own heavy gun. She didn't sympathize. He was probably brooding over the factthat he couldn't shoot down the runaways. The world is a better place without him and that beast of a weapon together she concluded.

"In that case we'd better get moving."

"I'm staying." said Barabas "I may no longer want th world destroyed, but I'm still not going with you. (sorry Leus, i just can't see Barabas becoming good, maybe make him sorta a neutral party?) I have my own life to sort out, and I think I'm going to enjoy a little challenge when they get back."

"Suit yourself." Mai couldn't say she wasn't relieved he was going. She could never feel safe with him around.

The one hour walk it should have taken to get to the warehouse was doubled. They had to take back alleys and duck out of sight when someone came by. Mai was now a wanted criminel and they couldn't afford to compromise their position. When they finally reached the now vacant warehouse, darkness had fallen.

"I'm starting to hope we won't find Mukade here. In the dark around all these crates, he could be anywhere. This is his territory, he has the advantage."

They slipped carefully through the boarded up entrance and were swallowed by the growing darkness. They crept quietly through the maze of crates and corridors. Then suddenly, she realized someting very unsettling. Up to this point in time, she had been concentrating on her vision to find the black cyborg. When she finally realized to stay in tune with her feelings, she groaned. She turned around and spoke into the darkness.

"Let me guess. If you'd wanted us dead, you would've killed us the moment we entered the warehouse."

A metallic laugh sounded just a few feet into the inky blackness.

"And believe me, I could have."

He stepped into their field of vision. It looked to her like they had never had the brutal fight on the rooftops.

"I knew you'd be drawn here sooner or later. We need to talk."

#44 09/17/09 14:09

Samer
Website

Mukade i really hope u don't mind if i add these details to what u wrote bec i need them later to expand what i have in mind,  btw I too couldn't see Barabas as a companion tongue

"In that case we'd better get moving."

"I'm staying." said Barabas "I may no longer want the world destroyed, but I'm still not going with you. (sorry Leus, i just can't see Barabas becoming good, maybe make him sorta a neutral party?) I have my own life to sort out, and I think I'm going to enjoy a little challenge when they get back."

"Suit yourself." Mai couldn't say she wasn't relieved he was going. She could never feel safe with him around.

FREEZE ALL OF YOU !!! a voice said coming from the vault's entrance

"Heh they're back " Barabas laughed ...

"Mai Hasegawa isn't it ?"  such an honor to finally meet u ... a lady from the dark said ...
"Unfortunately our meeting is gonna be very very short ... Take them down " she ordered the dozen of heavy armed BGI ...

"I'll hold them down ! u go !" Barabas said

"No we're in this together " konoko said

"I can handle them u saw to that"  Barabas said as he made one of his earthquakers knocking everyone down including konoko and griffin ...

"We have u surrounded" the lady who was still standing in the dark said ..u're not going anywhere !

"HEY you take this it doesn't have much energy left in it but it will get u far enough"Barbas said as he took off his jet pack and put it on konoko ... and this u'll need it in time as he gave her a little data disc

"Let's move ! Griffin said dodging the bullets that were shot at him ...

"ok Barabas ... good luck ... " konoko said as she and griffin ran back into the tunnel once they got out ... BGI agents were waiting outside with rocket launchers

"Hold on old man" konoko said as she grabbed Griffin and flew before anyone could move a muscle

the jet pack ran out of fuel soon enough and they found themselves on foot again

The one hour walk it should have taken to get to the warehouse was doubled. They had to take back alleys and duck out of sight when someone came by. Mai was now a wanted criminel and they couldn't afford to compromise their position. When they finally reached the now vacant warehouse, darkness had fallen.

.... then continue from ur story big_smile

Last edited by Samer (09/17/09 14:09)

#45 09/17/09 14:09

Mukade

isee Motoko jumping into the story? lol big_smile

#46 09/17/09 14:09

Samer
Website

lol tongue mmm i didn't say it was motoko tongue  maybe a monoko or something tongue we needed a little villain but no not motoko ... I also wanted Barabs to give her that little thing for later :$

#47 09/17/09 14:09

Samer
Website

I'll write the next part if no one minds ^_^

#48 09/17/09 15:09

Samer
Website

"I knew you'd be drawn here sooner or later. We need to talk."

"yes we do, mukade or shall i say dr. mukade ?"

"The little girl has done her research i see ... " said mukade in his metallic voice

"we know who u are mukade, we know what the BGI did to u"  Griffin said

"HAHA what they did to me ... they freed me from all doubts and fears ... they've made me more powerful than i could ever dreamed of!"

"at what expense though mukade look at urself alone here in the darkness u've lost everything .. what's left to go back to ?  the BGI ? "

"Even they want me dead, I've failed to stop u from knowing ur past and for that I must pay " mukade said still hysterical

"ok then just stop and help us fight them ... "

"does ur blood burn when u kill ? mine does" mukade said

"Ok this guy is giving me the creeps " Griffin said

"Stop it mukade STOP IT !" she said decisively this time

"Daddy's little girl scared of the darkness ... surrender to it ... join me ... kill him ... kill the old man ... "

"Don't u mention my father ! i should have known u're just too crazy to hep us !"

"It's not his fault Mai .. God knows what the BGi have put him thru all these years " Griffin whispered ...

"I liked ur father ... I was friends with ur father ... they spared him they gave me ... this !" they've made me this while ur arrogant sorry excuse for a scientist father was spared "

"DON'T U DARE !"

"no konoko no ! that's what he wants stay calm !" griffin interrupted

"HAHAHA ... u're mine " mukade said as he teleported behind them and kicked Griffin into some crates

"U can't see me ... u can't stop what u can't see " mukade said as he turned invisible into the darkness

"Stop I don't want to fight u ! we need ur help we need to reverse the poison only u can do it ! ... before she could say another word a punch sent her flying a few feet backwards ... "

"HAHAHA ... " his metallic laugh echoed thru the dark ...

"ok let's do this ur way then " she said

"u can't see me ... "

" I don't need to .. .I can feel u "

she said as she reached into the darkness and grabbed him by the neck !

he tried to free himself but he lost his mask in the process ...

"Oh my god mai said startled ! looking at the face of a man or actually half a face the other half was part cyborg and part mutated into white skin like that of Barabas .... it's u ! I remember u ! "

"dr Muk !" Konoko said happily

"dr Muk ???? said Griffin who was getting up ..."

"that's what i used to call him when i was a baby ! i remember now he was always around with my father ... "  do u remember me  mukade ? she said

"Shut up ! i know no one I care for no one I need no one ... ur mine !!"

in a blink he teleported right in front of her again knocking both her and griffin down with 2 swift kicks ...

he grabbed her by the neck and lifted her and with his other fist that glowed with electricity he prepared to punch her with all he had...

mai didn't fight she just smiled at him and closed her eyes peacefully waiting for the punch ...

seconds passed and she realized nothing happened ...

"I remember u too ..." he finally said  as he put her down ...

"AGhhhhh " he moaned in pain !! "Stop it, stop the darkness he said as he grabbed his head in agony ... it's inside always inside taking control"

" then fight it !! konoko said fight it bec we need u !! the world needs u ! fight it for urself don't lose who u are !! u're not their slave anymore !! FIGHT IT MUKADE !

moments passed with him moaning and twitching in agony ...

until he finally stood still and said with a rather unfamiliar\familiar voice, unfamiliar bec he no longer had his mask with the metallic vocal box and familiar bec Mai could remember that voice from her childhood  ... "what can i do ?"

Mai smiled and said : "Ur project to use the chrysallis to absorb the toxins from the atmosphere ... "

"It's not that easy ... they have the machine ... they have all my work "

"Then we need to retrieve it " Griffin said after he had been silent watching the conversation of mai and mukade ...

"the machine ... Kerr mentioned it ... " konoko said

Last edited by Samer (09/17/09 15:09)

#49 09/18/09 14:09

Mukade

could you explain "machine" before i continue?

#50 09/18/09 14:09

Leus
Website

That's the beauty of a joint story:  It can be whatever you want it to be.  Or you can just not ever specify what it is in your piece either and leave it up to another writer.

Board footer