Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 09/05/09 17:09

Lithium

(Nothing here anymore) There better adorage?

What do you fear the most?
Myself, i fear ourselves. We are destroeying our world, wars will result in nuclear holocasts. And well thats what scares me, mutants caused by our own expirements. Or a poisinous atmosphere in which only a human enhancement can heal. But maybe the source preventing the poison blows up dead and dying fill the streets

Last edited by Lithium (09/11/09 17:09)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 09/05/09 17:09

adorage

Re: (Nothing here anymore) There better adorage?

Yeah, the destruction of the basis of our physical existence is pretty high up on my list as well. Not so much the mutant thing though.

And as far as I'm concerned, the dead and the dying already fill the streets - I can't wait for the big athmospheric processor to blow up, personally.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#3 09/06/09 10:09

Leus
Website

I don't think we have to worry about mutants and nuclear apocalypse; we're doing just fine destroying the planet.

My biggest fear would be that humanity will not realize and resolve to change in time.  However, this fear is not great; I have faith, both because I believe faith is an important and integral part towards good change, and just because I believe in the good and truth that exists out in the world and in each and every person's heart just waiting to be found and embraced.  Many things today are driving us ever closer to this and I believe we will find it soon.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#4 09/06/09 12:09

Iritscen

My opinion is that humans don't really change.  They're always short-sighted, selfish and greedy, and they always pull off a last-minute save before something really bad happens, but only because we live in a world that isn't out to get us and is very user-friendly.  If the Earth didn't have all the safeguards and buffers and balances that it does, we'd be screwed, but as it is we manage to get by while also stumbling around and causing all kinds of unnecessary damage (like extinct species and polluted air).

Sometimes the only thing that saves us from ourselves is a company coming along that can make a profit while providing a green option that isn't more expensive than an existing non-green option (because heaven forbid people pay a higher price for the sake of the planet, that's why no one is buying solar panels yet), or when society suddenly decides it's unfashionable to smoke (so people can stop killing themselves just to fit in).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 09/06/09 12:09

Leus
Website

I don't know many people who smoke cigarettes anymore, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I think humans definitely do change...  We're just currently under the impression in this culture that we've come further than we actually have.  We look at oppression, slavery and genocide in history and think of it as just that:  History.  When really all that stuff goes on today executed or at least a direct result of our actions as a culture.  Now with the environmental destruction and rapidly-approaching depletion of "necessary" resources, the time of reckoning is really truly drawing near.  I have no doubt that within the next couple generations we will see massive, radical and extremely pivotal change take place on this Earth, be it all-out war over the remaining resources, the hopeless conclusion that we've destroyed our planets capacity to sustain life beyond repair, the realization that we need to treat every living thing on this Earth with at least as much love and honesty as we treat ourselves, and likely a combination of any of these things.

Like I said, though, I have faith.  I must have faith.  Giving up hope will only further the problem.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#6 09/06/09 12:09

Lithium

So we must kill ourselves (but its true humans are the most dangerous species on earth besides..well you know who i mean)

#7 09/06/09 13:09

Iritscen

Leus wrote:

I don't know many people who smoke cigarettes anymore, but maybe that's just me.

I wasn't as clear as I could have been; I meant that this change in society already happened.  Once Hollywood (land of the vain and health conscious) decided that smoking was gross, the effect of the change in entertainment filtered down to everyone else and they said, "Oh yeah, smoking is gross."  Just look back at how people smoked like chimneys in the classic movies and you realize why smoking was so popular for most of the 20th century.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 09/06/09 13:09

Leus
Website

Oh yeah, for sure.  It's ridiculous how much culture is shaped by power.

#9 09/06/09 13:09

T_W_D

I fear exams and crazy drivers.

be it all-out war over the remaining resources, the hopeless conclusion that we've destroyed our planets capacity to sustain life beyond repair

Even in ancient Egypt people thought that human society is already doomed. wink

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#10 09/06/09 15:09

demos_kratos

I fear BrainF*ck, Microsoft and bees.

BrainF*ck - just read a source of it, you'll understand me.
Microsoft - it's going to conquer the world.
Bees - well, you know... they're creepy.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#11 09/06/09 15:09

Leus
Website

Even in ancient Egypt people thought that human society is already doomed. wink

So far so good.  Tons of people would agree that we've been 100% fucked since the dawn of man.  I disagree.  All I'm sayin' is the moment in which this fate will be either sealed or averted is imminent.

#12 09/06/09 16:09

Lithium

Yea i guess, the first humans ever broke rules that was told right in their face by the strongest power there is. See sometimes we humans fail to see warnings such as, dont break that, or i wouldn somke that, or What if the robots mistake us for the enemy? Hmm they 2012 is the end lets hope its not

#13 09/06/09 17:09

Leus
Website

No dude I hope to God it IS the end.  The end of the story of human tragedy and the beginning of a new way of life full of truth and love.

#14 09/06/09 17:09

Lithium

Ja humans have messed up the earth for a long time now.

#15 09/09/09 17:09

Lithium

yea u can change it

#16 09/11/09 12:09

adorage

You didn't change it. You... well, eliminated it.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

Board footer