Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/28/09 13:08

Shade

What would you do if your Oni CD got broke?

I mean seriously. What would you do if your only Oni CD got broke? Order a new one? Torrent the game? What? For me I would just order a new one and order a 2nd one for back up. I need your opinion on this though. Would you go crazy? Get upset if someone you know broken it? What would you do then?

#2 08/28/09 13:08

demos_kratos

Re: What would you do if your Oni CD got broke?

1. If you don't want to have FBI sneaking into your PC looking for piracy, you'd better order it. smile If you don't care, of course you should torrent it. smile
2. I'll kick all shit out of those who will dare to touch my Oni CD! (actually I haven't got a CD smile )

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#3 08/28/09 14:08

Shade

demos_kratos wrote:

1. If you don't want to have FBI sneaking into your PC looking for piracy, you'd better order it. smile If you don't care, of course you should torrent it. smile
2. I'll kick all shit out of those who will dare to touch my Oni CD! (actually I haven't got a CD smile )

lol yeah I agree with you, Torrenting is bad, I don't like people who do it. I'll also get mad if someone I knew broke my Oni CD because the game is old and its the only one I have.

#4 08/28/09 14:08

Iritscen

In a case like this, where you once owned the merch, I think most people's ethics would tell them it's okay to torrent a new copy.  However, the law simply says that all torrenting is wrong, so you can see that it's your call to make.  We also have the "no warez" rule on the forum here, so, while it's not wrong to bring up the topic, we will swat down any specific talk about where to get it or statements about other people torrenting it.

Certainly if you did order a new CD, though, you could order just one and then burn a backup copy of it, which is a smart (and legal) thing to do with a rare item like an out-of-print game.  And, as I always say, secondhand Oni can be bought very cheaply.  Plus, it's satisfying to own something physical with a case and manual.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 08/28/09 14:08

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

In a case like this, where you once owned the merch, I think most people's ethics would tell them it's okay to torrent a new copy.  However, the law simply says that all torrenting is wrong, so you can see that it's your call to make.  We also have the "no warez" rule on the forum here, so, while it's not wrong to bring up the topic, we will swat down any specific talk about where to get it or statements about other people torrenting it.

Certainly if you did order a new CD, though, you could order just one and then burn a backup copy of it, which is a smart (and legal) thing to do with a rare item like an out-of-print game.  And, as I always say, secondhand Oni can be bought very cheaply.  Plus, it's satisfying to own something physical with a case and manual.

Yeah I'm not asking where or to find the thing though I'm just asking what would you do, etc. The torrent thing was just an example.

#6 08/28/09 14:08

Iritscen

Yep.

#7 08/28/09 14:08

demos_kratos

Iritscen wrote:

We also have the "no warez" rule on the forum here

Тоо bad, Onimia doesn't have it.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#8 08/28/09 15:08

Shade

demos_kratos wrote:
Iritscen wrote:

We also have the "no warez" rule on the forum here

Тоо bad, Onimia doesn't have it.

lol tongue

#9 08/28/09 21:08

dream996

you should'' burn'' some new one in the first places  big_smile
-i got 6 back up
2 CD (backup
1 in the usb
1 protable hard drive
1 in the laptop
1 in my brother's computer!

Last edited by dream996 (08/29/09 01:08)

PunBB bbcode test

#10 08/29/09 07:08

Iritscen

I never burned any copies of the disc, but I have two virgin copies on my hard drive, one playable and one archived so it can't be modified under any circumstances, and the hard drive is backed up to an external drive, so that makes four copies across two drives.  Not as good as dream996, but it's something, anyway.

#11 08/29/09 08:08

dream996

shade ...did u broke yours?

PunBB bbcode test

#12 08/29/09 09:08

Dirk Gently
Website

So, if I go out and purchase a copy of a game, lets say Mirror's Edge because I was just playing that. And I am super excited and i put it in and play it, then my sister decideds it would look nice on her wall, and takes the disc and breaks it. I can download a copy of the game legally, because I already own it. Normally you would request another disc, but if not you can download a copy because you already own the game and cannot be sued for downloading some thing you already have.

Atleast I think that is how it works...

Either way I am completely against pirating of any sort, you should always pay for what you want.

#13 08/29/09 09:08

Lithium

hmm i would be really really sad sad

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#14 08/29/09 10:08

love_Oni

I would sit around and be idle for minutes feeling sad (or maybe weeping), then I will stand up and go around to do something. smile

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#15 08/29/09 12:08

Shade

dream996 wrote:

shade ...did u broke yours?

My CD got jammed in my moms computer by accident and spit it out into millions of pieces. Im pretty sure some piece of the disk is stuck in my moms CD ROM driver because the case its self wont shut. lol im screwed if we dont get that piece out.

#16 08/29/09 12:08

dream996

i think u should order a new one (is not that expensive)or download it ! (im sure u will be able to find somewhere to download it //cos i can)

PunBB bbcode test

#17 08/29/09 13:08

Shade

dream996 wrote:

or download it ! (im sure u will be able to find somewhere to download it //cos i can)

I'd rather buy it. Please dont bring up those kind of subjects because I dont want this thread getting locked. If It has to then I'll ask Gumby or Iritscen to lock it as soon as possible. I dont want any newbies here spam asking where to get the game on my thread. As far from anyone else. Dont give out links or ask where to get it from!

#18 08/29/09 14:08

Lithium

its better to buy it. Downloads usually have some bad erros in them so its better to get ur money's wotrth

#19 08/29/09 14:08

Lithium

Dirk Gently wrote:

So, if I go out and purchase a copy of a game, lets say Mirror's Edge because I was just playing that. And I am super excited and i put it in and play it, then my sister decideds it would look nice on her wall, and takes the disc and breaks it. I can download a copy of the game legally, because I already own it. Normally you would request another disc, but if not you can download a copy because you already own the game and cannot be sued for downloading some thing you already have.

Atleast I think that is how it works...

Either way I am completely against pirating of any sort, you should always pay for what you want.

she did wat! man what a BI...um i mean j-j-er-er-k-kkk.

#20 08/29/09 15:08

Dirk Gently
Website

That was all hypothetical.

#21 08/29/09 17:08

Lithium

still... hmm if my copy of oni got broken i would be going on a massive rampage. But maybe i could still buy it at ebay

#22 08/30/09 07:08

adorage

My Oni CD is covered with scratches because my sister misused it. But the CD is so tough I think it has a secret chrysalis. Also, I have a modified oni.exe so I can play without using the CD itself so I only take it out of the box for installation.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#23 08/30/09 09:08

AdamBast

I hoped that I'll be the winner, I have 4 copies.
1. The original CD,
2. the installed one on the computer,
3.-4. and 2 cd images of the original written on DVD's along with other things.

My head is bangin'
You're killing me
Please don't stop

#24 08/31/09 04:08

ItemfinderDeluxe

I noticed with mine that after I had installed Edition (I'm still using the pre-anniversary version, so sue me tongue ) that I don't need a CD anymore. Perhaps it's due to Edition ripping all the files from the CD onto the Hard Drive, but since I didn't muck around with the hex-bashing aspects of Edition I wouldn't have a clue. Perhaps someone more qualified can shed some insight???

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#25 08/31/09 09:08

Leus
Website

I've never needed the CD to play after installation.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

Board footer