Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/16/09 11:08

Leus
Website

Everyone dies.

I just noticed that literally EVERY character in the game except Konoko dies.  I guess you could argue that it's not necessary that some, or actually any of them die, but I'm pretty sure the intent is that they're all dead.  Barabas, Shinitama, Mukade, Kerr, Griffin, Muro.  All dead.  They even have the blast "knock down" everyone at the end of the last level no matter how close they are to Konoko, and I think it's so that no matter which path the player chose Griffin ends up dead in the story by the end.

Anyway, just thought it was a bit morbid.  Maybe it was part of the theme of Konoko being alone and all that fun stuff.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 08/16/09 11:08

Lithium

Re: Everyone dies.

Maybe not.... it didnt say if she tchnically killed barabas, or muro, or griffin. Or tctf swat 22, or tctf swat 23
and who the hell goes in with only two swats? it should've been an all out war between the tctf and the syndicate. It would be Epic (...FAIL) and epicly laggy. Just giving my thoughts

Last edited by Lithium (08/16/09 11:08)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#3 08/16/09 11:08

T_W_D

1) It's not actually a fact they all die. Some (Muro, Mukade, probably Barabas) are Daodan hosts, which means at least one of them could've just been unconscious/in the state of coma and return dramatically with Evil Plans, as it often happens. Whatever. We don't have a sequel, so we can't know.

2) We've already discussed the "knocking out blast". It knocks down all right, but it doesn't kill.

Hmm, all that thing with Daodan made me think in a completely different way: most of the characters are, technically, nearly immortal. Of course, it's arguable, too.

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#4 08/16/09 12:08

Leus
Website

But I'd say 98% of the time anybody plays Oni, Griffin is dead by the time Muro dies for one reason or another.  So how could you make a sequel in which Griffin wasn't dead?  That's why I think the blast is intended to kill.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 08/16/09 13:08

T_W_D

He's dead not because he was intended to be, but because not many people tried to keep him alive and with enough health. When somebody tried - mostly just to prove it's possible - he was knocked down by Konoko's Daodan surge, but got up afterwards.

If his death was crucial to the plot, they'd actually show it. And made it inevitable.

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#6 08/16/09 14:08

Iritscen

Yes, and don't assume that being defeated = dying anyway.  Usually when you hit someone enough that they can't get up in real life, it's because they're unconscious, not dead.

Anyway, my main argument against Griffin dying in the Daodan blast has simply been that it doesn't make sense to end the game that way.  It doesn't feel like the devs would have thrown in some darkly ironic twist like that at the last second after you had already decided to spare his life in Ch. 13.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 08/16/09 15:08

Lithium

Leus wrote:

But I'd say 98% of the time anybody plays Oni, Griffin is dead by the time Muro dies for one reason or another.  So how could you make a sequel in which Griffin wasn't dead?  That's why I think the blast is intended to kill.

Have u ever played mk or tekken?...

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#8 08/16/09 21:08

dream996

No One Left To Trust ..... big_smile

PunBB bbcode test

Board footer