You are not logged in.

#1 08/01/09 22:08

Shade

Mod Requests?

Do you guys take mod requests here?

#2 08/01/09 22:08

Gumby

Re: Mod Requests?

We always listen to requests. If someone thinks it is a good idea, they will do it. If not, do it yourself. tongue Whats the idea?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 08/01/09 22:08

Shade

Gumby wrote:

We always listen to requests. If someone thinks it is a good idea, they will do it. If not, do it yourself. tongue Whats the idea?

I have an idea for the dream lab level, here are a few ideas.

Make Muro's character a little tougher than he usually is.

Once you beat Muro you'll notice 2 TCTF ghosts there. Replace them with Mukade and 2 other Ninja's.

When Mukade dies he teleports to another Location.

When you first enter Griffin's stage. You will have to fight Griffin and his TCTF guards. Old ones and new ones about to the max of 12 security guards. *if it doesn't make the game crash*

Once you beaten Griffin and his guards, you will proceed to the next room.

Once you get to the room where the lazers are, You will have to fight the Ninja, But put more 2 more Ninja's with him.

When you enter the room with Shinitama, Make 4 Shinitama's float out of the room. Which means that you will have to fight 4 enemies at once.

When you reach the room with evil Konoko, Muro, Griffin, and Mukade will be with her and they will protect Evil Konoko from you escaping the dream, "You will have to fight all of them to get out of it."

Does this sound like a good idea for a really good mod? I have noticed no one hasn't make a dreamlab mod yet. So I was wondering if someone could make one soon. I'm still learning so I'm no expert at this kind of stuff. I usually give people really good ideas if they need help with anything.

Also when you fight evil Konoko, replace the song where you fight Mukade for the first time *I forgot what its called* That will make the fighting look and sound better instead of that creepy sound.

Last edited by Shade (08/01/09 23:08)

#4 08/01/09 23:08

dream996

won't that be too hard=P

PunBB bbcode test

#5 08/02/09 00:08

Gumby

I think you should learn yourself. I don't have the time at the moment to make my own level conversions, much less other's. However, I will help in any way i can.

#6 08/02/09 03:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

Just one lil mod I have been talking all the time.

Unending final fight.
Strikers, ninjas and more. Every 2-3 kills a hypo, sometimes a boss should spawn (Barabas, muro etc).
Also spawn TCTF black ops from time to time to even out the odds. smile

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#7 08/02/09 07:08

Iritscen

The AE Team is trying to move past "brawl scripts" and simple difficulty upgrades and focus only on improvements to Oni's gameplay (which we mostly have been).  There's a long road ahead with bigger challenges but bigger rewards if we aim higher.

But these kinds of things are a good way to cut your teeth on modding.  If anyone wants to learn scripting hopefully they will volunteer to try their hand at your ideas, Shade and Ire.  But I don't think I've ever seen one person's idea successfully turned into a finished script by another person yet, in the history of the forum. wink  Modding simply tends to be DIY.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 08/02/09 10:08

love_Oni

I think the AE team should do a tutorial teaching how to script, modify... so everybody in the forum can know how to mod.  wink

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#9 08/02/09 11:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

That'd be great!

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#10 08/02/09 11:08

Iritscen

Well, the BSL tutorials were started on the wiki a looong time ago and are just waiting for someone to finish them.  I think the "from scratch" one might be done, but generally there just hasn't been anyone to take that material under their wing and maintain it.  We've always planned to have tutorials for everything, but it's hard to find people who are willing to stop doing actual work and write down how they do it :0)

#11 08/03/09 22:08

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

Well, the BSL tutorials were started on the wiki a looong time ago and are just waiting for someone to finish them.  I think the "from scratch" one might be done, but generally there just hasn't been anyone to take that material under their wing and maintain it.  We've always planned to have tutorials for everything, but it's hard to find people who are willing to stop doing actual work and write down how they do it :0)

Yeah I agree with you on that. I have no experience in programming but I would like to learn. I'm trying to get into Video Game Design in College near future after I finish High School but I'm not sure about those since I have everyone telling me I can't do it. Hopefully someone will show us examples on how to edit a script soon.

#12 08/03/09 23:08

Gumby

There aren't many schools that offer actual video game design courses, unless you go into Digipen, or whatever. However, I do know a guy in California who is in a college that offers an actual design degree.

#13 08/03/09 23:08

Shade

Gumby wrote:

There aren't many schools that offer actual video game design courses, unless you go into Digipen, or whatever. However, I do know a guy in California who is in a college that offers an actual design degree.

Do you think DeVry will offer it?

#14 08/04/09 00:08

Gumby

http://www.devry.edu/degree-programs/co … -about.jsp

I don't know how much that is "worth", but it exists, at the very least.

EDIT: Says my friend...

<+Subaru|> there is a dude on my forum wondering if devry would be a good place to go for video game design
<Linds-Homework> ....
<Linds-Homework> NO
<Linds-Homework> tell him if he really wants a REAL degree that the game companies won't flush down the toilet
<Linds-Homework> go to UCSC

He also asks if you are going for art or programming.

#15 08/04/09 08:08

love_Oni

Me wrote:

I think the AE team should do a tutorial teaching how to script, modify... so everybody in the forum can know how to mod.  wink

Do you guys have any ideas of what the tutorial should be?

#16 08/04/09 08:08

EdT
Website

#17 08/04/09 10:08

Iritscen

And, again, there *is* a lot of BSL information on the wiki, it's just that in some areas you need to self-teach more than simply follow a tutorial.  But there is the "from scratch" write-up that should be helpful, at http://wiki.oni2.net/BSL:Tutorial/Scratch .

#18 08/04/09 10:08

Leus
Website

Unending final fight.
Strikers, ninjas and more. Every 2-3 kills a hypo, sometimes a boss should spawn (Barabas, muro etc).
Also spawn TCTF black ops from time to time to even out the odds. smile

Sounds pretty much exactly like the mod I was creating as my first mod.  Hypos every 3 kills, Black Ops every 15.  However, it's not quite unending; I'm not that good yet.  It ends with Muro.  But I finished the script up to that point and then kind of gave up when I started trying to tweak and balance it.  I think other people might be good enough to beat it, though.  And if not, you can use and modify this script because it really is really similar to what you're looking for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?izmn5qlzmiz - Management.bsl

Also here is a document that shows what's happening in the script in a more readable way; I made it to regulate my progress.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmjdhgzigd0 - compound_characters.txt

Hope you find use from this.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#19 08/05/09 05:08

love_Oni

The script is very good. big_smile  I have played it for times without boring.

It is humorous to believe that fighting with Muro is easier than fighting with his accessory. And... the script is impossible with the Edition. But who cares anyway? It is good enough with the original Oni.

And how about mixing up this script with the original script? After the final conversation between Konoko and Muro, just teleport Muro away, run the script (including Griffin and 2 TCTF black ops) and teleport Muro back until all his armies are killed. I remember that we can spawn a character multiply times so if Griffin anh his men are killed then they can be spawned later.

Very good script truthfully. Keep up the good work!  big_smile

#20 08/05/09 11:08

Leus
Website

Yeah I think there needs to be more sleep time between spawns; right now it's every ten seconds.  I played it originally as every 15 seconds, but then it seemed harder to make full use of hypos.  But now that I think of it, that could be another interesting and appropriate strategy; conserving hypos for when you need them.  But for me I'd always get hit and fall into too low of health so that I couldn't overpower and I was struggling just to survive.  I dunno, I'm just not good enough to play my own script.  Feel free to modify it and make it more beatable or provide suggestions and maybe I'll work on it some more.  smile

And thanks for the feedback and kind words.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#21 08/05/09 12:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

I'm waiting for an update on that too! With AE it's damn hard but still it's fun to play smile

#22 08/05/09 13:08

Leus
Website

It's a really basic script and would be easy to modify especially with that text file I provided with it that tells what's going on.

Here.  I fixed the part of the script that makes it so that Konoko always has at least 200 health until Muro comes.  Maybe that'll make it better.  If not maybe I could increase the sleep time between enemy spawns?  Just let me know what you think would make it better.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmmijty2vze - Management

#23 08/05/09 13:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

Ok i treid to beat it with black ops. No dice.
Add another black ops (spawn in pairs) . Also let us start with a team since in AE they spawn so fast that you can't kill em in time.The spawn delay is really bad, at first they spawn a lot too fast. TO be honest in my countless tries I couldn't even manage to kill the first ninja. Also limit weapon usage to weapon ammo capacity. I don't like being spammed with Black Adders for 30 minutes. Also add a hypo for a start.

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (08/05/09 13:08)

#24 08/05/09 19:08

Leus
Website

^I have the same problem killing them fast enough, but I assumed I just wasn't quite as badass as most of you guys.  Also I know what you're talking about with that blue ninja who fires infinitely.  I dunno what's up with that.  I'll try and disarm him.  And I'll bump the spawn delay to 15 seconds.  What do you think about the perma-200-health thing, though?  I like it because I feel like you need overpower to really be effective.

What if I just made it so that they weren't immediately aware of you as soon as they spawn so you could try and manage some fights behind the satellite or something if you're crafty enough?

Oh, lastly, I don't really know how to make more guys than the level supports so I can't make that many Black OPs.  What if I just give you your whole team at the beginning and part of the management is keeping them alive?  I actually use them on the hypo marks assuming they'll die and you can collect their hypos, but maybe they'd be more useful alive.

Oh, and really lastly, a ComGuy spawns behind the satellite at the very beginning with a hypo facing away from you.  It's not hard to backbreak him and then empty his own clip into him to finish him off and then you'll have your first hypo.

Do you think if I add the team of Black OPs that I'd still need to increase the spawn delay?

(Sorry for turning this into a thread about my script, I dunno what happened there.)

#25 08/05/09 23:08

love_Oni

No, no. I think the script had a good balance in the original Oni already, even without the advantage of having 200 HP continually until Muro spawns. Weapons is no problem, since I found that it is best to use the stun gun to make some possibilities of back-breaking enemies  big_smile.

So since the script is good enough with the original, we should make some challenge with the Edition. But playing the script with the Edition is damn hard, I think you should keep the advantage of having 200 HP continually. That doesn't mean Konoko will stay invulnerable, if she gets killed by the crowds within one second, so there will be a good balance.

About that infinite-ammo Ninja, I'll try to figure this out. And I think we can mix up this script with the original script, so you can stock up ammos, hypos or weapons before reaching to the last level.  smile If this work is hard then we can ask for the help of someone else experienced in scripting.

Leus wrote:

Do you think if I add the team of Black OPs that I'd still need to increase the spawn delay?

I don't know. But  you can spawn them in multiply times like this, and this script did (read wiki. When you are sure about the number of your allies, you can manage the spawn delay time between them.

Another idea: Since fighting with Muro is a bit easy, you can make a function that regenerates health for Muro for a specific time, so you can match him with Konoko's power.

And feel free to discuss about your script here, since everybody can talk about their mod and we can discuss all of them in a time.  smile

Last edited by love_Oni (08/05/09 23:08)

Board footer