Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/25/09 09:07

Loser

With sorrow in heart, I am leaving planet Oni

Title says all.

During 2nd semester of university, there were two or three weeks of quite a pressure being applied on me. I don't know why, but as a side effect of that time period, I totally lost interest in Oni.

I am confused myself by what happened. It is like if some switch suddenly flipped from Quite interested position to Not interested at all.

I have tried for some time to rekindle the passion, but all these attempts ended in fail.

So in order to not delay you other guys ( members of AE team ), I announce that all my activites in fields of CMBT, MELE, TRAM, TRAC and ONCC stop, and all Oni oriented projects of mine are dead. I kinda *resign* on position of combat system modder, in favor of others.

Love_Oni, that means you can do whatever you can, no BasicAnimationFixes will come from me. I apologize for slowing you down, not intended.

I thank this community for great 6 - 7 years of my life. I partially regret that I haven't started with coding sooner ( would have been greater help for us all ), but it were you who dragged me into coding. Big thanks.

It is not complete rupture, I won't go totally silent - I just don't actively mod Oni anymore. I can help if you want, but cannot do bigger projects on my own because of the lack of the interest.

This thread's purpose is announcement of leaving and "unfinished business" board. During years of my activity, I always lacked documentation ( SELFSMACK ). With big apologies to you all, I want to cover this. So if some older members have any questions, ask. I will try to get answer.

Loser

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 07/25/09 10:07

Leus
Website

Re: With sorrow in heart, I am leaving planet Oni

I bet you a resurgence of Oni passion will arise at some point down the road.  Keep faith alive, my friend.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 07/25/09 11:07

Iritscen

Well, I knew this was coming, so I won't feign surprise.  You also know that I understand completely, Loser.  For a little while now, I have felt like you were being stifled creatively by the limitations in your area of modding.  I'd rather see you get to actively create new content, even if it's not Oni-related, rather than staying in the cage of "How can I get more potential out of this old animation engine?", "What bugs are preventing this idea from working?", etc.

I know that we will appreciate you coming around once in a while to answer questions.  Once my own Oni break is done, I might have some of my own, as I work on the AE documentation, but I won't know until I get back to it.

Anyway, I wish you the best on whatever project you start next!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 07/25/09 11:07

Lithium

"sigh" it wont be long until the rest of the long members leave us and this forum will shut down  sad

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#5 07/25/09 12:07

Lithium

I mean lets face it were not gonna spend all our lives here modding oni and what not. Everyone has to go, get married, get a JOB, and we cant all be here.

#6 07/25/09 12:07

3llense'g

Well if the old members all leave, we will have to start modding ourself. tongue And when we leave, we will leave the 14th Aniversary Edition in the hands of the newcomers.  lol

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#7 07/25/09 13:07

Lithium

yes thats what i was thinking the youngers in forums always have to look for the forum when the older ones leave

#8 07/25/09 13:07

paradox-01

We owe you a lot. Good luck on your way, man.

#9 07/25/09 13:07

TomeOne
Administrator
Website

Thank you for all the amazing contributions you have made in the time you've been part of the Oni community. smile

Harry | oni.bungie.org

#10 07/25/09 13:07

Gumby

I'm not great at goodbyes, I'd like to write a longer one, but...

Thanks for all your hard work. Your help and ideas will not be forgotten. smile

Come back if\when Flatline is up and running, okay? tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 07/25/09 15:07

EdT
Website

Your awesome contribution to the Oni modding community will not be forgotten.  We can enjoy Oni so much more, due to your exploration of Oni's binaries.  I sincerely hope that in the future, you'll be interested in Oni again.

I have one question, with the exploding barrel, you made the material explode when hit by the bullets from the Campbell Equalizer.  But how can I make it explode when hit with the other weapons?  Currently, the object breaks like glass, but will not explode.  Thanks in advance.

I won't say goodbye, but see you again.  Take care.

#12 07/25/09 18:07

Phydur

good bye Loser.
thanks for all your contribuitons.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#13 07/25/09 22:07

love_Oni

I took me suspicious, and then surprised when I read the title.

I know, losing interest in something is regretful. I don't know if I can keep my interest in Oni until I become old. Anyways, I hope you will return.

3llence'g wrote:

Well if the old members all leave, we will have to start modding ourself.  tongue And when we leave, we will leave the 14th Aniversary Edition in the hands of the newcomers.  lol

Right that would be happened.  tongue  And we will leave a tutorial for everybody to mod too.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#14 07/26/09 09:07

dream996

THANKYOUforEVERYTHING!!!!
GOODLUCKinyourfuturewhateveritmightbring!!!

PunBB bbcode test

#15 07/26/09 13:07

Ether

Bye, Loser. Hope to see you someday in person. BTW what university do you study at?

#16 07/27/09 14:07

Loser

For Ether ( Czech lang ): V Brne, na VUTecku. Ted mam prazdniny a dohanim fyzicku, pres skolni rok moc casu neni ^_^.

For EdT: When Exploding barrel demo was made, I edited Impact_effects.ONIE file. Can be done via XML thanks to OniSplit.

New material Explosive created was, which to a Glass material belonged. Hence the glass shattering effect when it is shoot by any gun.

Next I searched for w1_tap effects and added that when w1_tap_p01 particle ( "bullet" )  collides with Explosive material, it does not create some fancy bullethole decal, but it plays madbomber's explosion particle ( mad_x01 ).

That is all. That is why you can break barrels with all guns, but only w1_tap hit has explosion effect.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (07/27/09 14:07)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#17 07/27/09 23:07

EdT
Website

Loser: Thank you, I got more weapons to react to the explosive material.  Strange thing, even though I added the explosive information to mbo, it still will not explode the barrel, but just break it.

#18 07/28/09 11:07

Iritscen

Loser, I believe you fixed the perpetual bouncing of the w1_tap shells, right?  Can we have those files?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#19 07/31/09 02:07

Stevinlewis

See ya Loser. i will miss ya.

Board footer