Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 07/21/09 17:07

Iritscen

Re: Oni 2

I have always thought of the attack special effects as merely a way to dress things up a little visually, not an indication of superhuman abilities.  That being said, Muro probably promised his men that they would get Chrysalises at some point, or else why would they have helped him sabotage the ACCs?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 07/21/09 17:07

Lithium

maybe cuz muro did insert them in barabas and mukade (what i think) so he must've inserted them in the syndicate. And if griffin put it on konoko then why not his stronger men?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#28 07/21/09 17:07

Gumby

Because it has to be grown from the DNA of its host.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#29 07/21/09 18:07

Lithium

well there goes my theory. Im going now sad

#30 07/21/09 19:07

camirving
Website

There goes my BUTTSAUCEy theory.

The net is vast and infinite.

#31 07/21/09 19:07

Lithium

i dont understand 50% of waht you mean. But still your earlier idea seems nice. Even though i wouldnt agrre on fps because most of the time a striker comes behind you and hits you. And oni is more melee style.

#32 07/21/09 21:07

Iritscen

I am not as certain as Gumby that Chrysalises have to be grown on an individual basis.  But it's not an easy thing to just stick them in anybody, that much is certain.

And yes, first-person in Oni would likely ruin melee.

#33 07/21/09 21:07

Lithium

Yes someone agrees with me, From this day on ill never say anything stupid again. Too late. But yes even that JinMengun (i think i always forget) even said "why am i carrying this gun?"

#34 07/21/09 22:07

Gumby

"13_65_17 Kerr: The Chrysalis is the hyper-evolved clone of its host body. As the host experiences stress or harm it grows to reinforce or replace the body's damaged systems."

"13_65_23 Kerr: They had been watching us very closely. When they figured out what the Chrysalis was they raided our lab. We'd only grown two prototypes, based on the genetic codes of you and your brother..."

#35 07/21/09 22:07

Lithium

Well there goes my theory (again sad ) but yes nice back up

#36 07/21/09 22:07

Gumby

"13_65_17 Kerr: The Chrysalis is the hyper-evolved clone of its host body. As the host experiences stress or harm it grows to reinforce or replace the body's damaged systems."

"13_65_23 Kerr: They had been watching us very closely. When they figured out what the Chrysalis was they raided our lab. We'd only grown two prototypes, based on the genetic codes of you and your brother..."

#37 07/21/09 22:07

Lithium

okay i get

#38 07/22/09 17:07

Onikuzu

okay... i think not only people with crysalis may survive... and i fully agree with no big open spaces..... and some sorf of post apocalyptic it must be.. becose of Oni1 catasrophe. About engine.... FLEXINE would be good, but i dont know if it will be posible, cos its autor told, thet he wants to work on it all alone. So not very good to be used by comunity. (maybe im wrong) and some details about it, are very disturbing. Begining by left-hended weapons, throught disabled and modified combos witch i found wrong, to very hard turning in fist-combat (without LockOn). Altrought thet i like flexine big_smile.

And about story... i like the sequiel story and i think NO MURO. I kill him once so dont bring him back alive....no?

#39 07/22/09 17:07

Lithium

I thought of bringing him back becuase we dont know if she just defeated him or killed him. It doesnt indicate anything and i was thinking a lot of muro clones atacking you halfway through the game. Then maybe a clone of konoko but like muro's mutated form for the fina boss but then again im drinking beer, extra cofee, coke, and MTN dew right now so im gettint his from the top of my head. Or maybe muro had a change of heart due to the explosion and remembers how happy he was and is good now

#40 07/22/09 18:07

Gumby

...beer? I hope you're joking. You're what, 13?

#41 07/22/09 19:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

mmm... Beer.... But still, notice that if you let Griffin live and he survives the battle halping you to kill muro, Konoko explodes with power and automatically kills ALL allies. This does not happen if you shape shift into another character.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#42 07/22/09 19:07

Iritscen

You think she's killing them?  I don't get that impression.  I think she's just knocking them down.

#43 07/22/09 19:07

Gumby

Ahh, so breaking someone's back isn't meant to be a killer blow?

#44 07/22/09 19:07

Iritscen

Huh?  What does breaking backs have to do with it?  Ire was referring to the blast of power from her final Daodan surge that bowls everyone over.

#45 07/22/09 20:07

Leus
Website

I think it's supposed to kill them so that the ending is the same whether or not you kill or save them, so that in Oni 2 Griffin is dead for sure.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#46 07/23/09 07:07

love_Oni

So, do you mean Konoko's explosion destroyed the city outside? I thought the big gun in the final battleground caused that...

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#47 07/23/09 07:07

Iritscen

Are you guys referring to this explosion?: http://wiki.oni2.net/File:Chapter_14_.M … MPLETE.png

I am pretty sure that is an ACC being destroyed.  "There's too many stations: they could never be disarmed before Muro activates them. But there is one chance: if I overload the generators I could blow them up before the atmospheric damage is irreversible." (Ch. 14)  "When I blew the processors I bought us some time, but at a horrible cost." (Epilogue)

#48 07/23/09 09:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

http://img515.imageshack.us/i/explo.png/
This end explosion that kills every character except for Konoko.

Kill Muro and try to keep Black Ops or Griffin alive, then see for yourself.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#49 07/23/09 10:07

Lithium

No im 14 and it was a joke. I never tasted it (except when i was 1) and I thought that was An explosion from some buildings
and Does christmas even exist anymore? I mean everyone wears light clothes and theres no christmas decorations. But just an observation.
And that thing wasnt a big gun i think it was a satelite supposed to activate his plan, but konoko made an even bigger mess. But maybe she didnt poison the atmosphere maybe she destroyed countless cities but did not poison anything. And maybe the chrysalis level for beating muro was so much she couldn't control it killing her allies in the process.

#50 07/23/09 11:07

love_Oni

And that thing wasnt a big gun i think it was a satelite supposed to activate his plan, but konoko made an even bigger mess

I think so. But how come Konoko made a bigger mess? I thought that she stopped the satellite by hacking the four last consoles.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

Board footer